• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I haven't shaved in a few months. And I was driving a late model pickup truck. And I was wearing a camo hat. But still. I can't be mad that she paid for my lunch. I'm just a little astonished that she would waste the money. She's probably much wealthier than I am, if she goes around paying for other people's meals in the drive thru at Panera's. Maybe I should just STFU and be happy. But dammit, now I feel obligated to pay it forward and find some homeless person to buy a meal. That ****ing *****.

I just noticed the datum that it was Panera. Wow, I don't think too many people of diminished means are patronizing Panera with their hard-earned dollars

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They used to give free meals to homeless people. But then it seemed a lot of homeless people started hanging out at Panara’s and that made patrons feel uncomfortable.

Probably a fat old guy with a scruffy gray beard, wearing a camo hat, driving a late model Silverado 1500 does not have a high probability of being homeless. But like I said, now I feel like I got tagged, and am now in this game I didn’t want to play. I would rather donate to charities I know can use the money more efficiently than I could on my own.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    They used to give free meals to homeless people. But then it seemed a lot of homeless people started hanging out at Panara’s and that made patrons feel uncomfortable.

Probably a fat old guy with a scruffy gray beard, wearing a camo hat, driving a late model Silverado 1500 does not have a high probability of being homeless.
    But like I said, now I feel like I got tagged, and am now in this game I didn’t want to play. I would rather donate to charities I know can use the money more efficiently than I could on my own.
    Don't judge me. How do you know I'm not living in my truck?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Walton?
    They had a big house but I didn't think it was worth that much. Maybe they struck oil on Walton's mountain. :dunno:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So Bloomberg is officially in the “race”!
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/24/politics/michael-bloomberg-2020-election/index.html

So does this change anything?

Because of his late entry, aides to the former mayor have said he won't compete in the first four voting contests, in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina. Instead, Bloomberg is staking his chances on an unconventional strategy of building support in the states that hold primaries on March 3, also known as Super Tuesday.

It's a strategy that has never been successful in Democratic presidential politics. Party officials in Iowa and New Hampshire have publicly expressed disappointment with Bloomberg's decision.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It is not even that much.

$31 million is .06% of the reported $52 billion worth.

If one was worth $52,000, .06 of that would be $36.

That is not "walkin' around money", that's I forgot it was in my pocket money...

One other back of the cocktail napkin calculation.

Bloomy running and spending the amount HRC spent last time, the most ever spent at $700 million, equates to our $52k guy buying an old truck for $7300...

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Bernie has to feel bad, he was back stabbed by the DNC last election and he's going to get steamrollered by a billionaire this time.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2019/11/22/barack-obama-conservative/
    Barack Obama, conservative

This is how far the Dems have shifted.

The former president was skeptical of sweeping change, bullish on markets, sanguine about the use of military force, high on individual responsibility and faithful to a set of old-school personal values.

So, which Obama is he talking about. It sure as heck can't be the one who was president from '08 to '16

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Bloomy not going to have his publication dig up dirt on dems, still plans to malign Trump...

https://dailycaller.com/2019/11/24/bloomberg-news-2020-democrats/

With Bloomberg's announcement, will those blasting Trump for having businesses and hotels, citing emoluments clauses, claiming every event held at a Trump facility profiting off government, etc., hold Bloomberg to the same standards?

For instance by those standards Bloomberg News, must be held to all campaign finance laws and regulations. An example, Anyone advertising there is making a campaign contribution. The candidate/potential office holder/campaign must be held indistinguishable from the business. I believe that is the standard several of you have held Trump to.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom