• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I wonder how long Joe will stay in the race once Bloomberg picks up campaign steam?

Have to wonder if this finishes Hillary's comeback, or if she will still be "drafted" like Ted Kennedy in 1980.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Hiliary!?!!
    I thought everyone who ran for President except her was declared a "Russian asset" who entered to keep her from being elected.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The DNC will have to find somebody that the emotional lefties can get behind and that big money knows will deal. Logical candidate is still her.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I wonder how long Joe will stay in the race once Bloomberg picks up campaign steam?

Have to wonder if this finishes Hillary's comeback, or if she will still be "drafted" like Ted Kennedy in 1980.

I doubt Bloomberg will pick up much steam.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Biden still holds a 4 point lead with Warren, Buttegeig and Sanders bunched up behind him.
    CNN seems to not favor Biden by the way they word the headline. They call 4 points a "narrow" lead. The trailing candidates are all 1 point apart. It doesn't seem that anyone will break out of the pack to close the gap to Biden (unless Joe self destructs).
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/11/politics/joe-biden-narrow-lead-new-hampshire-poll/index.html

I think most of the talking heads in the left side of media doesn't like Joe Biden because he's not (Alpo: trigger warning) woke. On some issues he's taken a fairly moderate approach and they just hammer him on that stuff. If you're not bat**** crazy, and you're a democrat, that's just not what they're looking for. It appears to me that they don't like Bernie all that well either. Warren seems to be it right now.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Glad to see that AOC throwing her support behind Sanders is having a big impact. He has dropped like a rock ever since she announced her support.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Not appealing to democrat gun owners (of which there are many).

The only democrat gun owners who still exist are horrifically misinformed or ignorant.
    The primary debates should have made that clear, with every candidate supporting confiscation by force.

New Monmouth Poll of Iowa shows Buttigieg in first place (within margin of error):
    Buttigieg 22
    Biden 19
    Warren 18
    Sanders 13

Buttigieg (such an unfortunate name) is the only one who really has a chance to appeal to more than a radical fringe. I don't see him having a snowball's chance in hell against Trump though. Of the lot, the only one that gets people excited is Sanders, but he's too far left to pick up anyone in the middle. Buttigeig could pick up people in the middle if he tempered his views and decided to go full on centrist, but if he does democrats will disown him.

Another dynamic that's going to make things interesting is how the markets are responding to momentum from candidates. The markets have effectively decided any democrat running is going to crash the economy. And what do people in the middle who don't care about politics, care about? They care about having a stable job and comfortable income, anything that will jeopardize that is a massive problem.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Mayor Pete's big asset is that big money knows he will deal. Look at the people he worked for and made connections with before getting into politics. His liabilities are primarily inexperience. Like Hillary, he checks all the boxes. Corrupt and woke at the same time if I'm using the terms correctly.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The only democrat gun owners who still exist are horrifically misinformed or ignorant.
    The primary debates should have made that clear, with every candidate supporting confiscation by force.

Were you dropped on your head as a child or raised by wolves? That's a very dumb remark.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Mayor Pete's big asset is that big money knows he will deal. Look at the people he worked for and made connections with before getting into politics. His liabilities are primarily inexperience. Like Hillary, he checks all the boxes. Corrupt and woke at the same time if I'm using the terms correctly.

I trust Jamil's judgement on these sorts of questions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom