• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yes, perhaps you should think a bit harder and longer. Hillary won the popular vote despite efforts to make voting as difficult as possible by a number of repubican controlled state chambers.

The whole of her numerical advantage arguably came mostly from California where vote harvesting is overtly legal, numerous jurisdictions have a greater than 100% turnout and the state fights tooth and nail not to have to obey the laws already on the books about maintaining accurate voting rolls. And a Democrat once again ignores the fact that Trump won fair and square according to the rules both sides have to play by

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Shouldn't a medical degree be just as important to diagnose Creepy Joe as just fine? In that case he is rendering a medical opinion just as much as the people he wants to criticize

Not exactly.

Joe is a Democrat and is innocent even if he is proven guilty.

Unlike Republicans, who are guilty if there is no evidence and still guilty even after being proven innocent.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    America doesn't have popular vote elections. Neither candidate campaigned on the premise of winning the popular vote.

America has popular vote elections. You are attempting to put a fine point on an argument, but aren't specific enough to make your point credible.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The whole of her numerical advantage arguably came mostly from California where vote harvesting is overtly legal, numerous jurisdictions have a greater than 100% turnout and the state fights tooth and nail not to have to obey the laws already on the books about maintaining accurate voting rolls. And a Democrat once again ignores the fact that Trump won fair and square according to the rules both sides have to play by

California votes count. California is a majority liberal enclave and has been as far back as I can remember. "Yeah, but California" is not an argument worth beans. If California represented a swing state, we might have something to discuss. But we don't.

Trump DID win fair and square.....but that wasn't the point being debated. Maybe you should rely less upon what you think was being talked about and actually follow the debate.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    America has popular vote elections. You are attempting to put a fine point on an argument, but aren't specific enough to make your point credible.

No, we literally don't. If voters went into an election knowing the person that won the popular vote would be President, the candidates would campaign completely differently... and I imagine turnout would be vastly more.

Getting the most votes, as it stands, is 100% irrelevant... unless that's what mattered overall.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It's been sort of lost among all the CoronaVirus fervor, but the first 1-on-1 debate between Biden and Bernie is tonight at 8:00 pm.

The bad news is that you have to tune into CNN if you want to watch. The good news is that they moved it to a closed studio with no audience, so you won't have to hear the seal clapping and moronic cheers of the crowd when the candidates talk about taking guns away or giving free healthcare to illegal aliens.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    California votes count. California is a majority liberal enclave and has been as far back as I can remember. "Yeah, but California" is not an argument worth beans. If California represented a swing state, we might have something to discuss. But we don't.

Trump DID win fair and square.....but that wasn't the point being debated. Maybe you should rely less upon what you think was being talked about and actually follow the debate.

gyiVTSr.gif

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    If Gabbard was the democrat candidate for president, would you vote for her over Trump?

If yer answer is "NO", then all the discussion above is just jaw-waggin and nonsense.
    No, I would not vote for her...she is not to friendly to gun owners. Nope, even though Trump was not "my guy" during the last election, he still got my vote.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    No, we literally don't. If voters went into an election knowing the person that won the popular vote would be President, the candidates would campaign completely differently... and I imagine turnout would be vastly more.

Getting the most votes, as it stands, is 100% irrelevant... unless that's what mattered overall.

Governor: popular vote.
    Mayor: popular vote
    City Counsel: popular vote
    Referendums: popular vote.

You need to be more precise in your definitions and use of adjectives, as I stated.

In addition, it is a question of bragging rights. Why did Trump insist that millions of democrat votes were fraudulent?

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County

You need to be more precise in your definitions and use of adjectives, as I stated.

In addition, it is a question of bragging rights. Why did Trump insist that millions of democrat votes were fraudulent?

Did it ever occur to you that Trump might be correct about fraudulent votes? He seemed to be dead nuts accurate when he claimed his campaign was being spied on.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

This entire conversation was about Presidential nominees. I assumed people wouldn't think we were talking about local elections.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I didn't need to be a doctor to know when my grandpa started walking around the house with his junk hanging out, talking to Ted Williams, and crapping in the neighbors garden, that there was something a little bit wrong with him.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here. :dunno:

In my house we call this behavior.... Wednesday.
    Besides, my neighbor told my to eat ****. Who's got the last laugh now.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

America has 50 seperate popular vote elections, and then the results of each govern the electoral college. That is a far cry from a direct national popular vote, which is currently precluded by the Constitution despite the NPVIC's attempts to do an end run around that

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

You were saying Hitlary won the popular vote as if that mattered for something, so I merely pointed out having a popular vote advantage ain't no big thang

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

[State level, State's rights. They are (largely) free to conduct their own affairs as they wish. Another hallmark of the federalism that underpins the EC]

[Uhhh... because it's true. Prove me wrong]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom