• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I doubt you would have been so quiet if it were trump. So if you’re willing to vote for Biden after doing such things, why have you been telling us how bad it is to support trump when he does it? I guess I’m not understanding why you’ve been so critical of trump and his supporters, but someone on the left does the same thing and suddenly you’re willing to vote for him?

I'm not sure, but I think it involves tap dancing

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    A question for those more learned in politics. Election is over, non incumbent candidate wins, but dies before being sworn in. What happens? Vice candidate sworn in, new election, supreme court?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I doubt you would have been so quiet if it were trump. So if you’re willing to vote for Biden after doing such things, why have you been telling us how bad it is to support trump when he does it? I guess I’m not understanding why you’ve been so critical of trump and his supporters, but someone on the left does the same thing and suddenly you’re willing to vote for him?

It should be obvious. You* and other Trump supporters have no issue praising Trump when he engages in such behavior. So why should I now disqualify Biden because he engages in the same behavior, though an order of magnitude less frequently? Unlike may Trump supporters, when speaking on Trump, I can say Biden's behavior is unbecoming... and he still keep my vote.

*I said “you,” but in retrospect, I do not know if you have. So disregard the reference.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    A question for those more learned in politics. Election is over, non incumbent candidate wins, but dies before being sworn in. What happens? Vice candidate sworn in, new election, supreme court?

Pre-electoral college: I think the electoral delegates get to decide, most likely the VP, and the party would select a new VP.

Post-electoral college: I think there's a constitutional amendment on this, and it is the VP.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Well Hillary wouldn't have Biden murdered if she weren't assured that she would take his place.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Didn't we have a movie about this?

th

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So Biden the weirdo appearances have been cut to no more than seven minutes max down from fifteen max. This is in effort to avoid him telling someone that he was at the little big horn.
    The pandemic is going to give him cover to shut up and disappear he will reappear at preselected points “Ol Joe” has nothing to benefit from speaking.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Same holds true for Trump. The last thing most people seeking reassurance want is Donnie talking about how great he is.

Stop the tweets. Get back in the office and off the golf course and provide some leadership. Otherwise, you're gonna have a bunch of moderate republicans observing that you're the wrong man for the job.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    It should be obvious. You* and other Trump supporters have no issue praising Trump when he engages in such behavior. So why should I now disqualify Biden because he engages in the same behavior, though an order of magnitude less frequently? Unlike may Trump supporters, when speaking on Trump, I can say Biden's behavior is unbecoming... and he still keep my vote.

*I said “you,” but in retrospect, I do not know if you have. So disregard the reference.

It just doesn’t seem that you genuinely weren’t that appalled by trumps actions if you are willing to vote for someone who does the same, that’s all. Seems like it may have been more because he wasn’t on your team, and now you have someone doing it on your team so you’re playing the “but trump” card. Thanks for the replies

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

It depends. If you say you can’t vote for Trump for doing the same kinds of things that Biden does, you have to decide if you really care about those things or not. If there is more to it, which it is my contention that there is, then you have to figure that out. That’s the problem with claiming someone else is a hypocrite. It often points a finger back at you when you decide to press it.

Okay. So which is it? Are they hypocrites and so are you? Or, are they not hypocrites, and neither are you.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Oooooh, it makes a difference who you are. As long as they aren't average voters (whatever that means) then insulting people is just fine.

In my humble opinion, it does matter who you are. Kind of like how we agree the press shouldn't go after politicians's kids. Well, a politician shouldn't bash his own voters. If you can't see the difference, that's your problem.

In my original post, I started to say the "average Joe" but then changed it to voter, forgetting to remove the word "average." I'm sorry it upset your delicate sensibilities.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Hey Alpo and Kut this is your guy, a real unscripted wild loose cannon with his mouth. Can't seem to stay on script with the administration and they had to apologize for him.

I would tell members of my family, and I have, I wouldn't go anywhere in confined places right now. It's not that it's going to Mexico. It's that you are in a confined aircraft. When one person sneezes, it goes everywhere through the aircraft. That's me."
    Vice President Joe Biden, on NBC's Today show, giving his advice on dealing with the swine flu outbreak, which seemed to contradict the Administration's advice to the public (April 30)
    The official word from the White House that week was that the swine flu outbreak was not a cause for alarm. Then came Biden, suggesting on national TV that people avoid planes, subways and classrooms to keep from catching the bug. Biden's press team quickly sent out a statement after the interview claiming that he was trying to warn people who already had swine flu to avoid enclosed spaces, and White House press secretary Robert Gibbs at his daily briefing apologized on Biden's behalf.

Joe Biden's Swine Flu Hysteria - The Top 10 Everything of 2009 - TIME

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Ok....Joe told the truth and Obama wanted to gag him. You would prefer that he was dishonest....so that would give you some apparent leverage going the other way? Do you really think Joe was in error? You can't have it both ways, dude.

So....have you seen the coronavirus thread and one of the recent posts on what Trump said? Maybe you should head over there to learn the difference between a candid truthful statement and what Trump is saying.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that swine flu infected nearly 61 million people in the United States and caused 12,469 deaths. Worldwide, up to 575,400 people died from pandemic swine flu.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It depends. If you say you can’t vote for Trump for doing the same kinds of things that Biden does, you have to decide if you really care about those things or not. If there is more to it, which it is my contention that there is, then you have to figure that out. That’s the problem with claiming someone else is a hypocrite. It often points a finger back at you when you decide to press it.

Okay. So which is it? Are they hypocrites and so are you? Or, are they not hypocrites, and neither are you.

No, it doesn't depend. Saying someone can't vote for a candidate because of A, B, and C isn't the same as saying you can't vote for the other candidate because they are also guilty of A.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In my humble opinion, it does matter who you are. Kind of like how we agree the press shouldn't go after politicians's kids. Well, a politician shouldn't bash his own voters. If you can't see the difference, that's your problem.

In my original post, I started to say the "average Joe" but then changed it to voter, forgetting to remove the word "average." I'm sorry it upset your delicate sensibilities.

How exactly did "average voters" transform into "politician's kids" and "own voters?" Didn't this conversation start out about Biden insulting some rando who pretty obviously was neither some "politician's kid" or one of Biden's "own voters?" Hey fine, you can place people on scales in determining whether or not you agree with them being insulted. That doesn't offend my sensibilities at all, you're human.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom