• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This thread, or a subsequent one, needs to stay open at least through the convention.

Or would a brokered convention deserve its own thread? :)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes. There was more than one. Two that come to mind are the one "possible" insult to/mocking of a reporter and the other related to Paralympic attendees meeting the president at the White House.

But, maybe we can just boil all this down to Trump's hot mic comment last night:

"Ahhh ****!"

Us old guys have worn out verbal filters. :)

Okay, to be fair, I did some googling to try to find out what happened. I had not heard anything about the President "mocking" the Paralympic attendees. I read the entire transcript of the ceremony. I watched the video of the "offensive" part. It seems it boiled down to this:

"And I watched — it's a little tough to watch too much, but I watched as much as I could."

So the interpretation of this was not the obvious, that the POTUS might not have the schedule bandwidth to watch the entire event. Oh no. It must be the most uncharitable interpretation, that is difficulty was because they're all so disabled and stuff. Must be that. C'mon man. Is that all?

Something the political divide has taught me in the Trump era, people aren't at all interested in accurate attribution of reality. Probably a lot of the **** that Obama outraged me over was not all that big a deal. Because all you people getting outraged over even the mildest Trump stuff is pretty over the top.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Huh? Was that the thread where only Democrats could participate? All 3 of you?

Yup. Except mikey decided to **** all over the thread immediately, got a warning from CM and pretty much ruined the thread. He wouldn't edit his pics, even when I asked him pretty please in a pm.

So, there ya go.

To be fair....

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Oooooh, it makes a difference who you are. As long as they aren't average voters (whatever that means) then insulting people is just fine.

Democrats and their allies have been insulting conservatives for decades, using the ultimate insult, calling them racist. Yes! I'm just fine seeing the insults that were unanswered for so long returned to those in the battle. It also is a technique that was used to great affect to use the media gatekeepers weakness against them to get the coverage. I believe Trump spent a third of what HRC did...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Democrats and their allies have been insulting conservatives for decades, using the ultimate insult, calling them racist. Yes! I'm just fine seeing the insults that were unanswered for so long returned to those in the battle. It also is a technique that was used to great affect to use the media gatekeepers weakness against them to get the coverage. I believe Trump spent a third of what HRC did...

So what's the big deal about Biden then? It seems to be a nothing burger; faux outrage.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Or mock the disabled.

See, this is where the thinking goes wrong. Are we not to treat all equally? Absolutely! If Trump (this applies to anyone) had never mocked or berated a reporter reporting what he did not like and he did this he could reasonably be accused of impropriety. If your MO is to attack those you perceive to attack you and you don't the handicap guy out of pity, that too is wrong.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    To be fair......

Your interpretation might make sense if: 1) Trump slept at all, or 2) Trump didn't have a TV on almost 24 hrs per day.
    It’s not my interpretation. It’s the charitable interpretation. That is, the best interpretation without inferring unknown motives.

So do you seriously think Trump meant that he didn’t watch it because it’s painful to wat watch disabled people?

I’ll give you my own interpretation which does infer some motives. I think not many people watch the Paralympics. It’s not because they can’t bear it. It’s because most oeople aren’t that interested. If Trump watched it at all, it was probably because he knew he would have to speak at the ceremony eventually. And he did okay.

If you actually watched it, I don’t think you really believe he was mocking disabled people. That would be far beyond a reasonable interpretation.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So what's the big deal about Biden then? It seems to be a nothing burger; faux outrage.
    The conversation is about how Trump and Biden are similarly flawed. Pick your poison. They’re both poison. One vows to ban semi-autos. One bans the use of plastic by stroke of pen as if it were itself a firearm capable of fully automatic fire.

Also, WRT how both people treat people, you’re calling the one side hypocrites because they don’t mind when Trump talks mean to reporters, you know, the reporters who treat them as baskets of deplorables. Then we see an example of Biden berating an obvious 2A supporter, someone they see as one of them, and you wonder why there’s a difference?

Biden made it clear he was not on the Gun owner’s side, something that’s definitely not a nothingburger on a forum primarily about guns, and rights of gun owners.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The conversation is about how Trump and Biden are similarly flawed. Pick your poison. They’re both poison. One vows to ban semi-autos. One bans the use of plastic by stroke of pen as if it were itself a firearm capable of fully automatic fire.

Also, WRT how both people treat people, you’re calling the one side hypocrites because they don’t mind when Trump talks mean to reporters, you know, the reporters who treat them as baskets of deplorables. Then we see an example of Biden berating an obvious 2A supporter, someone they see as one of them, and you wonder why there’s a difference?

Biden made it clear he was not on the Gun owner’s side, something that’s definitely not a nothingburger on a forum primarily about guns, and rights of gun owners.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jamil again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom