• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    We had 2 years of Obama (who was apparently more actually progressive than Biden has historically been), Pelosi, and Byrd/Inouye.

That Congress had significant suck - Obamacare, Dodd-Frank, some others. But was conspicuously light on gun control, as I recall.

Wait.

That was when they passed the bumpstock ban, right?

Oh never mind.

I believe Virginia/the Northam admin has irrevocably changed that metric you are still 'clinging' to

Whistling past the graveyard IMO

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Yes you did. Let me remind you:

The concern about federal gun control is legitimate. 2A supporters need to be ready to mobilize politically to prevent it (even when erstwhile Republicans are in office). Modern history suggests that when a Dem is POTUS, that mobilization isn't really a problem.
    My post was not an argument against preparedness.
    Rather, it describes a political calculus that you don't want to admit.
    In fact, as a Trump supporter, it is somewhat similar to the rationalization for voting for Trump. "He says stuff that I don't agree with, but overall I like what he has to offer."
    Biden is a deeply flawed candidate, even by Dem standards. But, he's better than HRC or any of the people actually in the field. Allegedly.

Oh I see what you mean all right, I just disagree. What you see as confusion I see as a statement of detecting faulty logic. Perhaps we disagree on the definition.

Perhaps it is a matter of priorities too. You seem to have gun control as a 'nothing to worry about' issue. To me it is the single most overriding factor in voting.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Perhaps it is a matter of priorities too. You seem to have gun control as a 'nothing to worry about' issue. To me it is the single most overriding factor in voting.

In that case, you seem to have a reading comprehension problem. I don't know how to state more clearly that this is not a "nothing to worry about" issue for me personally.

Rather, this is a "some reasonable people have a different view" discussion.

You are a single-issue voter, by your own admission. (Sidenote for a different thread: that makes a 2020 vote for Trump awkward, no?) Most of the voting public is not.

Also, you aren't addressing the political reality that POTUS doesn't get to single-handedly enact anything. The POTUS vote is a vote for 1 part of government. If Republicans - or at least anti-gun control candidates - retain the Senate, then this is a non-issue.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Id have a little more respect for the DNC if they'd just stop pretending they are letting we the people choose the candidate. Tulsi makes the cut, and so they raise the bar higher keeping her off the stage. I recall this happening to somebody else earlier in the process. Besides them lowering the bar when Mikey couldnt quite get in. They are blatantly playing favorites and rigging the game to come out the way they want it, not the way the voters want.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So I'm trying to figure this out. Did former candidate Yang endorse Biden or did current CNN employee Yang endorse Biden?

Just who was endorsing Biden? It actually occurred on CNN while he was doing his employment. So was it dem Yang or CNN Yang endorsing?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So I'm trying to figure this out. Did former candidate Yang endorse Biden or did current CNN employee Yang endorse Biden?

Just who was endorsing Biden? It actually occurred on CNN while he was doing his employment. So was it dem Yang or CNN Yang endorsing?

At this point, does it even really matter?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    In that case, you seem to have a reading comprehension problem. I don't know how to state more clearly that this is not a "nothing to worry about" issue for me personally.

You are a single-issue voter, by your own admission. (Sidenote for a different thread: that makes a 2020 vote for Trump awkward, no?) Most of the voting public is not.

Also, you aren't addressing the political reality that POTUS doesn't get to single-handedly enact anything. The POTUS vote is a vote for 1 part of government. If Republicans - or at least anti-gun control candidates - retain the Senate, then this is a non-issue.

Actually my reading comprehension is well above average.

Your argument said nothing happened when obummer was President so nothing will happen in the future. Nonsense.

I did not say single issue voter, I said overriding issue. If there were two candidates that both supported the second amendment I would not just flip a coin, I would consider all the other issues. When there are two candidates that split on gun control then that is the deciding factor.

Also I am well aware the President is only one piece of the government. Are you seriously trying to imply otherwise?
    If the Republicans retain Senate control I do not agree it becomes a non-issue.
    C'mon - we are both aware the President can still make executive orders that infringe on gun rights along the lines of what some states have done like california and recently virginia etc. Also the President appoints judges that can be constitutionalists or progressive hacks.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    At this point, does it even really matter?

And the hypocrisy of this is unreal. Don't you regularly post about Trump tweets and oh, the decorum and propriety they violate. Here we have a major corporate media giant actively and openly promoting a particular candidate hiring a former candidate and having him endorse the network preferred candidate on the network broadcast.

Oh yes, that doesn't matter...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

So how did it work out when supposed anti-Obamacare senators controlled the senate or further back when supposedly fiscally conservative senators controlled the senate. If we are now free of Obamacare and/or have a balanced budget or nearly so, I haven't noticed

With your presidential vote, you only have to worry about how one person will perform; with the senate you have to worry about more than 50 and for every McCain and Flake you get rid of, you get a Romney or a Murkowski

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This is in all likelihood Burnie’s last shot at the big chair so he’ll probably want to make the most of it before he is eliminated.

Hopefully it will be Biden’s last shot when Trump defeats him come November.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Democratic players are calling for the election to be over, Clyburn, Carville, and Axelrod have all made that call. Lock ole Joe in the attic until November...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This is in all likelihood Burnie’s last shot at the big chair so he’ll probably want to make the most of it before he is eliminated.

Hopefully it will be Biden’s last shot when Trump defeats him come November.

But remember our mantra, follow the money. Bernie's wife makes a cool 15% of all the campaign ad buys, even if they are privately conceding, they want to convert that campaign money to their pockets, they could easily convert a couple million before getting out.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    And the hypocrisy of this is unreal. Don't you regularly post about Trump tweets and oh, the decorum and propriety they violate. Here we have a major corporate media giant actively and openly promoting a particular candidate hiring a former candidate and having him endorse the network preferred candidate on the network broadcast.

Oh yes, that doesn't matter...

Lighten up, Francis.

Joke it was.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom