Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Personality wise - yep. Both are a-holes and jerks.
    Also there's not much question that Biden is a kleptocrat, given the evidence that came out over the last few months.
    Difference is - one has openly stated that he wants to disarm you and put Beto in charge of it. The other has publicly stated (and acted) quite the opposite.
    And then there's the question of coattails - if you elect Biden , who does that empower vs who gets empowered if you re-elect Trump.

So which do you choose? Even if you have to hold your nose.

You knew I was a snake when you picked me up....
    I do not want to imagine the scenario where Biden wins, the House stays in the hands of Nancy Pelosi, and Chuck Schumer runs the Senate.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Someone called him a moderate last week. He said, “no, I’m a progressive.”

Guns are a grudge issue for democrat politicians. They’ll push it regardless. And I’m pretty sure they’ll raise MY taxes. It’s what they do. Pelosi has been [STRIKE]chomping[/STRIKE] gumming at the bit to roll back my tax breaks.

Here’s the way I see it... Say Biden wins the presidency. Let’s say it’s at least a Blue ripple and the democrats take over the senate. If a bill to put AR-15s on the NFA (pick a bill, say UBCs or magazine limitations or any combination or permutation of their greatest hits) list makes it to his desk, does he sign it?

My money is on “yes”. And with great fanfare.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I do not want to imagine the scenario where Biden wins, the House stays in the hands of Nancy Pelosi, and Chuck Schumer runs the Senate.

We had 2 years of Obama (who was apparently more actually progressive than Biden has historically been), Pelosi, and Byrd/Inouye.

That Congress had significant suck - Obamacare, Dodd-Frank, some others. But was conspicuously light on gun control, as I recall.

Wait.

That was when they passed the bumpstock ban, right?

Oh never mind.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Just an epilogue on the whole wealth inequality discussion:

The last 2 1/2 weeks have erased $7 Trillion in wealth from the stock market... and hence taken a big bite out of wealth inequality in the US... it measurably (by $7 trillion) reduced the wealth difference between the haves and the have-nots in this country.

Yay!

Right?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    We had 2 years of Obama (who was apparently more actually progressive than Biden has historically been), Pelosi, and Byrd/Inouye.

That Congress had significant suck - Obamacare, Dodd-Frank, some others. But was conspicuously light on gun control, as I recall.

Wait.

That was when they passed the bumpstock ban, right?

Oh never mind.

It was likely because of obamacare and some other priorities that gun control didn't happen but not for lack of wanting i'm sure.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So is this real?

The Democrats are going to back a man who never has been considered intelligent he failed at running for President twice for plagiarism (lying).
    ”Ol Joe” is not a gaffe machine he is old man senile most of have witnessed this all of our life’s same stories over and over, forgets time date place and you guys know how it goes.

Here a clip from Australia a very left leaning country they are as perplexed as I am!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4VH2JjWDnk

BTW

”Ol Joe” has called for a AWB and confiscating them and wants to sue Gun makers he is far left of BHO on gun control plus he wants Michael Frances O’Rourke to be a “gun czar”.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Crazy joe is sure no moderate when it comes to guns. I don't see how any sane person that knows/likes guns and respects the constitution of the United States could vote for him. It makes no sense.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Crazy joe is sure no moderate when it comes to guns. I don't see how any sane person that knows/likes guns and respects the constitution of the United States could vote for him. It makes no sense.

That's not really the end of the calculus.

How likely is it that Biden - or any Dem - would be able to get the votes for the required legislation? Obama presided over some of the most tragic gun violence in US history. Couldn't accomplish anything, despite talking big about it.

For a segment of pro-2A voters (of unquantifiable size), Biden presents an overall-politically-moderate option. Using Obama's first term as a template, his agenda would likely include more changes to healthcare (which could be really bad from a policy perspective), immigration reform (which could take up the entire term), and tax raising. Those 3 things would be some seriously heavy lifting, while retaining the 2A issues for a wedge issue while running for a 2nd term.

That's just the political game he's trying to play.

Just look at this cycle - Beto got dropped like hot brass after his "we're coming for your guns" soundbite. Bloomberg - the poster boy for gun control - couldn't even win a primary. The 2A stuff is a fringe issue for Dems who actually vote.

Don't spin this into an endorsement of Biden. He sucks. But, you expressed confusion about how lukewarm pro-2A voters could vote for him, so I'm trying to explain it to you.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So it's a wash? :dunno:

But Trump? Really? I knew Dems would sell Bloomberg the nom if he could get to the convention in a position for a backroom deal, despite him being pretty much everything they claim to be against. But for you to go with Creepy Racist Joe, ignoring his obvious mental issues, exposes what I am forced to conclude is full blown TDS. You know Trump has done and will do good things for the economy and America in general, but you will go with the vague promises to do stuff and increase the freebies either because you just have to finally get a win against Trump or you wish to slip an individual into the big chair, who couldn't get elected to the spot, by placing them as #2 to a fragile, senile old man who can't go the distance.

Damn the country, full speed ahead. I look forward to months of entertainment as you are forced to defend every ill conceived utterance that he makes on the campaign trail

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    How likely is it that Biden - or any Dem - would be able to get the votes for the required legislation? Obama presided over some of the most tragic gun violence in US history. Couldn't accomplish anything, despite talking big about it.

For a segment of pro-2A voters (of unquantifiable size), Biden presents an overall-politically-moderate option. Using Obama's first term as a template, his agenda would likely include more changes to healthcare (which could be really bad from a policy perspective), immigration reform (which could take up the entire term), and tax raising. Those 3 things would be some seriously heavy lifting, while retaining the 2A issues for a wedge issue while running for a 2nd term.

That's just the political game he's trying to play.

Just look at this cycle - Beto got dropped like hot brass after his "we're coming for your guns" soundbite. Bloomberg - the poster boy for gun control - couldn't even win a primary. The 2A stuff is a fringe issue for Dems who actually vote.

Don't spin this into an endorsement of Biden. He sucks. But, you expressed confusion about how lukewarm pro-2A voters could vote for him, so I'm trying to explain it to you.

Ah yes, the old 'it won't happen' rationalization. That makes no sense to me at all. Just because I have never been in a car accident is no guarantee what-so-ever that I won't be in one tomorrow.
    Voting for dumocraps is like playing with fire and saying 'I have not been burned so far, see, it is very safe.'
    That makes no sense to me.

I did not express confusion, however I do sense it in the faulty logic presented.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    They're not interested in the midwestern states, they need someone that can influence TX or FL. With the degree of wokeness now within the democrat party a white woman will not be up to par, they'll likely need to pull in someone hispanic.

There is validity in this, but they also need to shore up the black vote.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ah yes, the old 'it won't happen' rationalization. That makes no sense to me at all. Just because I have never been in a car accident is no guarantee what-so-ever that I won't be in one tomorrow.
    Voting for dumocraps is like playing with fire and saying 'I have not been burned so far, see, it is very safe.'
    That makes no sense to me.

I did not express confusion, however I do sense it in the faulty logic presented.

Yes you did. Let me remind you:

The concern about federal gun control is legitimate. 2A supporters need to be ready to mobilize politically to prevent it (even when erstwhile Republicans are in office). Modern history suggests that when a Dem is POTUS, that mobilization isn't really a problem.

My post was not an argument against preparedness.

Rather, it describes a political calculus that you don't want to admit.

In fact, as a Trump supporter, it is somewhat similar to the rationalization for voting for Trump. "He says stuff that I don't agree with, but overall I like what he has to offer."

Biden is a deeply flawed candidate, even by Dem standards. But, he's better than HRC or any of the people actually in the field. Allegedly.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The Democrats only want to ban private ownership of the type of firearms that have been used in war.

AR-15's, AK-47's, M-14's, semi-automatic rifles, semi-automatic pistols, bolt-action rifles, revolvers, shotguns, single-shot rifles, cap-lock muzzle loaders, flintlock muzzle loaders, matchlock muzzle loaders and anything else they can think of.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom