• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It's not 100% open and accepting, and I doubt it's ever going to be, but it's not closed either.

What is inclusive is the viewpoints. You can be a Republican and be have a pro-gay stance, or support a traditional marriage view. I don't see any Democrats with the latter.

I would disagree that a traditional marriage view is the antithesis of a pro-gay stance. My wife is an artist and we have many gay friends and acquaintances, so I am not naive nor particularly biased. I don't really care what they do in their bedrooms as long as they don't expect the church to sanction it, and the more 'in your face' gay they are the more I keep my distance - but that only has to do with personal tolerance not religious tolerance

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You should go back and review NNBD's #4697. Prager is hardly unique in such use, and to single them out speaks of a hidden agenda

It isn't unique but it is self-labeled as one of the most influential media sources on line. 3.2 billion views and counting.

Prager is quoted here and on other web forums and has a tendency to label as fact that which is mere opinion without authoritative cites or independent verification. So, it's general size and influence on the www make it much more significant than those org.s described in #4697.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Making a gay joke doesn’t mean you’re against gays. The owner of the last company had 3 gay sons out of 4. The one that wasn’t gay would always joke about it, saying stuff like “I told dad not to give them baths together when we were kids”. Out of everyone that worked there I was closest with the gay one. We would go to machine shows together in Ohio and Illinois every time they had them, he came to the hospital when my son was born, he still calls occasionally just to chat (I no longer work there so don’t see him much anymore). He was republican, and says pretty much the same as indygal said. Democrats are accepting, until you come out as not being one of their own. Then they call you names and bully you.

Personally, I think what you’re doing is a bit more insulting. You’re basically saying blacks, gays, Latinos, etc should be democrats, because republicans are against their ideals. That’s why the walkaway movement gained so much momentum. People are tired of being put into a group and told this is how they should think based on the group they’re in. How about we realize individuals have individual thoughts and desires, and they can align however they want politically, without their group identity being a factor?

The hunt for new victims outpaces the supply of actual victimization

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    [snip]

Okay, so here's the GINI index (income inequality) for close to the same time period. Doesn't look to me like there's much correlation between poverty rate and GINI index.

Likely why the UN had to pivot to the Gini Ratio. It is hard to continue the grift if people think the poverty problem is pretty well solved

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    FOS.jpg

He's gonna ban our AR-14s! Go Joe! :):

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bi...it-auto-worker-in-profanity-laced-gun-dispute

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I want Bernie to do well so he can remain viable right up to the convention. When he is shivved, I want the hand on the knife to be clearly visible so his wing of the party will vote for someone else or support a Bernie 3rd way run

Perhaps Bernie can pull a Biden/SC surprise in Michigan... I'm very doubtful that will happen, and short of a medical or some other extreme Biden crisis, Biden will lock up the nomination well prior to the convention... so the Dem establishment can put their shivs back under the matresses, unused. :)

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    It isn't unique but it is self-labeled as one of the most influential media sources on line. 3.2 billion views and counting.

Prager is quoted here and on other web forums and has a tendency to label as fact that which is mere opinion without authoritative cites or independent verification. So, it's general size and influence on the www make it much more significant than those org.s described in #4697.

I miss PBS Firing Line which debated both sides with the best arguments for each side. It's the way I like to make up my mind on policy.

I've watched 20 or so PragerU videos, and they remind me of that, but with only one side represented. When I look for the opposing side of the debate, I only see ad hominem attacks and lazy strawman arguments, and with no real opposing argument of ideas.

To me, that's telling.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I want Bernie to do well so he can remain viable right up to the convention. When he is shivved, I want the hand on the knife to be clearly visible so his wing of the party will vote for someone else or support a Bernie 3rd way run

I really like that scenario except for the fact that it would be harder on the stock markets until July. I had been thinking it would be good for burny to fizzle out right now but your scenario makes an awful lot of sense too. Tough call.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I miss PBS Firing Line which debated both sides with the best arguments for each side. It's the way I like to make up my mind on policy.

I've watched 20 or so PragerU videos, and they remind me of that, but with only one side represented. When I look for the opposing side of the debate, I only see ad hominem attacks and lazy strawman arguments, and with no real opposing argument of ideas.

To me, that's telling.

Isn't that typical of youtube though? If Jesus made a video, there would be at least 100 dislikes in the first hour. youtube attracts some nasty 12 year olds.

But, yeah, I like to hear both sides as well. As somewhat "moderate", I don't go for a lot of far left or right ideology, but I appreciate effective debate with facts.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

This is so widespread on the internet it is very annoying. It makes it hard to believe anything even if it is true. (Unless, of course, I completely agree with it, then it is a no-brainer.)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Incomplete link. It's your chart. Where is your data? :)

Which Alpo face am I talking to? The one that feels he shouldn't be bothered to produce citations of his claims because people should do their own research or the one that conducts itself in exactly the path the other decries

I asserted that US income is a skewed distribution because we have few people in the true poverty portions of the distribution, and the high income portions of the distribution are overpopulated and tail off more slowly than a textbook normal distribution (more people at the high end is actually a good thing) and the charts back this up

I further asserted that no complex curve fitting was necessary to normalize the distribution, that using a logarithmic scale for income would compress the range and normalize the distributions. Not only does the chart show this, but the stability of the normalization over time shows it is not a fluke. The defense rests

If you think I somehow had Printcraft doctor up some charts for me, ignoring for the moment that I likely would be unwilling to pay his rates which I assume are high based on the quality of the work, you can search on 'US income distribution' and then do am image search and quite quickly find those charts for yourself (as you advocate for others)

View attachment 84857

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Isn't that typical of youtube though? If Jesus made a video, there would be at least 100 dislikes in the first hour. youtube attracts some nasty 12 year olds.

But, yeah, I like to hear both sides as well. As somewhat "moderate", I don't go for a lot of far left or right ideology, but I appreciate effective debate with facts.

Hey. Here's a fact. The minimum age for a youtube account is 13. So it's 13 year olds.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Which Alpo face am I talking to? The one that feels he shouldn't be bothered to produce citations of his claims because people should do their own research or the one that conducts itself in exactly the path the other decries

I asserted that US income is a skewed distribution because we have few people in the true poverty portions of the distribution, and the high income portions of the distribution are overpopulated and tail off more slowly than a textbook normal distribution (more people at the high end is actually a good thing) and the charts back this up

I further asserted that no complex curve fitting was necessary to normalize the distribution, that using a logarithmic scale for income would compress the range and normalize the distributions. Not only does the chart show this, but the stability of the normalization over time shows it is not a fluke. The defense rests

If you think I somehow had Printcraft doctor up some charts for me, ignoring for the moment that I likely would be unwilling to pay his rates which I assume are high based on the quality of the work, you can search on 'US income distribution' and then do am image search and quite quickly find those charts for yourself (as you advocate for others)

View attachment 84857

I asked for your data. Normalizing is an inherent aspect of log curves, don't you agree? I asked if the data was in constant dollars. You have an undefined Y axis. You don't cite the chart and image.google can't find it.

So, while I don't think you did anything untoward to support your claim, your chart is meaningless without explanation and data. Let me see it or move along.

I don't care either way.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I asked for your data. Normalizing is an inherent aspect of log curves, don't you agree? I asked if the data was in constant dollars. You can't cite the chart and image.google can't find it.

So, while I don't think you did anything untoward to support your claim, your chart is meaningless without explanation and data. Let me see it or move along.

I don't care either way.

That makes three of us :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom