• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Wow! Bloomberg said it. Said he "bought" the house for Nancy to fight the President. Spent $100 million on it...

“Let’s go on the record…they talk about 40 Democrats — 21 of those people that I spent $100 million on to help elect. All the new Democrats that came in that put Nancy Pelosi in charge and gave the Congress the ability to control this president — I BOUGHT – uh I got them.”

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2020/02/26/bloomberg-bought-house-seats-n2561913

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You know it’s funny. I would’ve thought that Biden’s obvious pander to the black vote with his Mandela fable might have garnered some scrutiny but maybe I was wrong.

I think they are taking a page out of the Trump supporter handbook. The "why does it matter" approach. People seem to be less critical of their guy, if the the other side is less critical of theirs.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    If he thinks his purchase provided any sort of control over Trump, I wonder if his candidacy reflects some amount of buyer's remorse.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If you read in a novel about a small city where the owner of the local newspaper funded the craziest clowns for city council and mayor to create scintillating news to keep the paper profitable, and the mayor got so crazy the paper owner had to run against that mayor, you would laugh that off as part of a fictional book.

That it is occurring on the national levei just continues the point, we live in times satire and fiction cannot rival...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If he thinks his purchase provided any sort of control over Trump, I wonder if his candidacy reflects some amount of buyer's remorse.

How is the fact he can't be bought nor controlled by anyone outside the other two branches a bad thing? Show your work

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    How is the fact he can't be bought nor controlled by anyone outside the other two branches a bad thing? Show your work

I think you're looking to deep into that post Bug. I think T.Lex was saying that because the Democrats have been unsuccessful, generally, in twarting Trump, Bloomberg might think his money wasn't so well spent.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That's pretty much the Trumplican Party today. The similarities are scary.

The Republican Party is morphing into the Trumplican party. That is why Paul Ryan and about 40 others retired, Trump values were not their values. In an accurate political analysis, that is why republicans lost the house, all the ship jumpers, not Bloomy's money.

They did not support, America First, strong borders and immigration policies, and fair trade deals for the citizens...

I love the name Trumplicans, I think I know what you are indicating with it but it can also have a meaning that I believe is true and in my eyes not a negative...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think you're looking to deep into that post Bug. I think T.Lex was saying that because the Democrats have been unsuccessful, generally, in twarting Trump, Bloomberg might think his money wasn't so well spent.

I wonder how he feels about the RoE on the $500million he has spent (so far) on getting shelled. Maybe it will be like the end of THX1138 and Bloomberg will end his attempt to become president because it has gone 10% over budget

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The Republican Party is morphing into the Trumplican party. That is why Paul Ryan and about 40 others retired, Trump values were not their values. In an accurate political analysis, that is why republicans lost the house, all the ship jumpers, not Bloomy's money.

They did not support, America First, strong borders and immigration policies, and fair trade deals for the citizens...

I love the name Trumplicans, I think I know what you are indicating with it but it can also have a meaning that I believe is true and in my eyes not a negative...

It's not meant to be negative. I got the word from Trump supporters themselves. The logo, that I've seen, is a elephant with Trump hair. Surely you know if I wanted to come up with something negative, it wouldn't be so hard to do so. I could have just as easily said Republicucks. :dunno:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Biden is the perfect choice. Put him in the Oval Office. He's past the point where he can do anything other than tell stories about things that never happened (to him/to others). He dresses nice. Don't let the kiddies come too near and change the subject if he asks you to rub him anywhere on his body.

He won't change the status quo, so you Repubicans should be happy.

He doesn't Tweet. I don't think he's ever used Facebook.

Perfect.

Maybe Brian Williams should have run. He's good at that too, and he's not as long in the tooth. ;)

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    It's not meant to be negative. I got the word from Trump supporters themselves. The logo, that I've seen, is a elephant with Trump hair. Surely you know if I wanted to come up with something negative, it wouldn't be so hard to do so. I could have just as easily said Republicucks. :dunno:

Would this country have been better off or worse off if Hillary has been elected?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom