The day the earth stood still and America died.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Oh, it won't be seen right away but it is as sure as death itself.

Unless something changes overnight this country is doomed, that's a fact. Even if it were to change overnight I'm afraid it is still too late, for we have reached the tipping point and have been found wanting.
    America! RIP.

I will not shed a tear for you for my faith is in the Lord. But our grand children will suffer for it.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Oh, it won't be seen right away but it is as sure as death itself.

Unless something changes overnight this country is doomed, that's a fact. Even if it were to change overnight I'm afraid it is still too late, for we have reached the tipping point and have been found wanting.
    America! RIP.

I will not shed a tear for you for my faith is in the Lord. But our grand children will suffer for it.

This is a post, but does it mean anything or is it just another incomprehensible meltdown from a member of the religious ultraright? Please explain how America died.

The Day the Earth Stood Still is a great movie though. I'm with you there! :yesway:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    This is a post, but does it mean anything or is it just another incomprehensible meltdown from a member of the religious ultraright? Please explain how America died.

The Day the Earth Stood Still is a great movie though. I'm with you there! :yesway:

You Sir, are why we need Neg Rep back. Is it even remotely possible for you to post without bashing people of faith? You don't agree? Great, I am an American, and as such support YOUR right to believe or not to believe, how hard is it for you to give the same respect in return?

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    You guys could save a lot of work by just bumping the doomsday threads from 4 years ago back to the top.

I expected we'd all be eating cold rice while squatting on dirt floors by now. The guy who was only a tiny bit different from the other guy won then too.

jrogers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    You Sir, are why we need Neg Rep back. Is it even remotely possible for you to post without bashing people of faith? You don't agree? Great, I am an American, and as such support YOUR right to believe or not to believe, how hard is it for you to give the same respect in return?

It is certainly possible for me to post without bashing people of faith. The post you quoted is a superb example thereof. I honestly have no idea how you could construe that as an attack on the poster's religion. :dunno:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    You guys could save a lot of work by just bumping the doomsday threads from 4 years ago back to the top.

I expected we'd all be eating cold rice while squatting on dirt floors by now. The guy who was only a tiny bit different from the other guy won then too.

Four years ago Obamacare was being written. Next year it will be implemented. It might be ten years or more until she stops breathing, but her heart has given way...

mlzoiss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Carmel, IN
    Just like rape!

That is offensive as is your "religious intolerance," clearly displayed earlier. It is people like you slandering a good man, who should have been elected to the senate tonight, that are sending our country down even further. To suggest that anyone who was defending life would condone rape, is infuriating.

"incomprehensible meltdown from a member of the religious ultraright?"

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    That is offensive as is your "religious intolerance," clearly displayed earlier. It is people like you slandering a good man, who should have been elected to the senate tonight, that are sending our country down even further. To suggest that anyone who was defending life would condone rape, is infuriating.

The rape comment was his dumbest but it wasn't his only stupid comment. Personally, I don't care if a candidate has met their personal god...I don't need to hear about it. There are far too many politicians that use religion as a way to get votes. How many more "ultra-religious" politicians need to be caught up in sex scandals before they learn to keep their faith to themselves if they're planning on soliciting sex? You want to get on TV and pander using your religion, try living a better life than many godless heathens first.

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    Romney wasn't my guy, but I gave him my vote because our country is sinking. When someone is drowning you throw them a life vest. You don't stand there watching them thrash and say, "Hold on! We're blowing up the raft." You take action now. That is my conviction. I don't assert that it is better than anyone elses.

I feel very disillusioned right now. The sheeple are bleating with joy, and the rest of us are arguing amongst ourselves. I have never loved this country more in my life, but I feel like an outcast. I am not a Christian, I am not an Atheist. I am not a Democrat, I'm not a Republican. I don't want a lable. I just want some solidarity. I'm so tired of all the arguing and finger-pointing. INGO is a wonderful example of some of the free thinking minds that still exist in this country, and we are so divided it's pitiful.

I don't see this as an end. But I do see 4 more years of irreversible damage to our nation...similar to the irreversible damages suffered by a person deprived of oxygen for too long. My eyes have not been open for very long. My values have rapidly evolved and varied in less than 2 years and I can say I am proud of the person I am today. But I feel like I've come late to a party that's already over. Where do we go from here?

jrogers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN

Please provide a quote supporting your claim of religious intolerance.

As for Mourdock and rape, res ipsa loquitur. I can't be held liable for tea partiers' inability (or refusal) to parse a simple English sentence and the logical implications thereof.

Also, be mindful that truth is a valid defense against slander. I have made no false claim.

And now you know what "Back and to the Left" means.

Do you?

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    The dependant will now become even more dependant and their numbers will continue to grow. Government will become more intrusive and controlling. Our nation is becoming more and more divided and a house divided against itself will not stand.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    The concept of people voting for the guy that they believe will give them more stuff at someone else expense instead of what is in the best interest of the Country's future as a whole has been furthered. If the Country cannot elect a true moderate to turn things around, I see no possible better outcome in future elections. The dependent class is now the majority. The idea that independents are really moderates is a fallacy. Obviously more identify with liberal values. The idea of give "him 4 more years to really sink us so we can wake up and fix things" will not happen. This path we are on will continue in future elections. I'm done.

Dirty Steve

Top Bottom