• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Love my P09. BA I think the only drawback to them is they use different mags. Other than that I love everything about it, the trigger is great, however the trigger in my RAMI is much better. Could be the decocker on the P09?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I wish I didn't have to justify a gun fitting a role to own one. Damn brain keeps getting in the way of feeding my addiction. Ugh........ I need more CZs !!
    Ok, back on track. I'm interested in a CZ in .40, really liking the idea of the P-06, but can only find new for around the $625 mark which is more than I want to spend. I am considering the P-07 in .40, but I think it might be a compromise based solely on cost, I find the P-06 way sexier and it's a metal framed gun. What's everyone's experience with CZs in .40? It would be for maybe carry occasionally, but mostly range work, and I already have a fullsize FNS-40 so kinda wanting something Compact sized. Discuss...

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Love my P09. BA I think the only drawback to them is they use different mags. Other than that I love everything about it, the trigger is great, however the trigger in my RAMI is much better. Could be the decocker on the P09?
    llh and I both really admire the P09s but the mag thing is what holds us back. We both have a :poop: ton of magazines that work in all our guns. But none of them would work in a P09. That is a show stopper for me.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I wish I didn't have to justify a gun fitting a role to own one. Damn brain keeps getting in the way of feeding my addiction. Ugh........ I need more CZs !!
    Ok, back on track. I'm interested in a CZ in .40, really liking the idea of the P-06, but can only find new for around the $625 mark which is more than I want to spend. I am considering the P-07 in .40, but I think it might be a compromise based solely on cost, I find the P-06 way sexier and it's a metal framed gun. What's everyone's experience with CZs in .40? It would be for maybe carry occasionally, but mostly range work, and I already have a fullsize FNS-40 so kinda wanting something Compact sized. Discuss...
    The 40P is a nice design. Same frame as the P06 but with a slightly longer barrel/slide. I could tell you the whole history but you would nod off somewhere in the middle. They are easy enough to carry IWB but the trick is finding a holster. There are a few places in Indiana that will make custom kydex to suit. I have considered getting another one and having it fully Cajunized. The only reason I would recommend one of those over the P06 is the price point. A 40P in very good condition recently sold on GB for less than $400. They don't pop up often but when they do the price point is much more palatable than the P06. Enjoy.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.

A lot more parts in there to move.

You would like the Omega series guns, less parts than the 75 series and easier to work on:rockwoot:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN

Wrigleys on Lima Rd had a .40 RAMI when I bought my 9mm....

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The 40P is a nice design. Same frame as the P06 but with a slightly longer barrel/slide. I could tell you the whole history but you would nod off somewhere in the middle. They are easy enough to carry IWB but the trick is finding a holster. There are a few places in Indiana that will make custom kydex to suit. I have considered getting another one and having it fully Cajunized. The only reason I would recommend one of those over the P06 is the price point. A 40P in very good condition recently sold on GB for less than $400. They don't pop up often but when they do the price point is much more palatable than the P06. Enjoy.
    There is one on GB I was looking at, I did a little bit of research, it's based on a P-01 frame, etc. Doesn't CM have the 40P?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom