Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Springer Loaded.
    you get all the toys in a well fit gun and they are damned handsome.
    If you look there are used low round count loaded's everywhere for $750.
    They need only have some love applied to the ignition group and you have a very nice shooter.
    Range only.....Range Officer. Not as handsome but just as accurate (same match grade SA barrel as the loaded) with a few less toys.
    Ad a hand fit barrel bushing and a well done trigger job and off to the races.

Then you will be holding it one night and think how great a Mag-Well and new grips would be......it goes on from there.

So if the budget got upped to say $1200 what would you recommend? Really love the simple look of the Valor however that is most definitely out of the price range. But the Heritage could very well be a possibility. Just have to do some more saving and maybe sell some non gun related stuff that's just sitting around... I really would like one really nice 1911. I'm not afraid of the buy once cry once philosophy..

Last edited by a moderator:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So if the budget got upped to say $1200 what would you recommend? Really love the simple look of the Valor however that is most definitely out of the price range. But the Heritage could very well be a possibility. Just have to do some more saving and maybe sell some non gun related stuff that's just sitting around... I really would like one really nice 1911. I'm not afraid of the buy once cry once philosophy..

I do not believe the Valor is worth the price point but they are well made handsome pieces.
    The ones I have shot did not have triggers that reflected the money spent and the bushing fit was the same.
    They are very nice guns.
    For your initial desire I suggest (as mentioned up thread) staying in your budget and going with a loaded in stainless. I picked up an ultra nice used one last week for $750 that did have $175 in up-grades on it. After some trigger work and a bushing I will be into it for about $825 as I have some parts already.
    I am sure it will shoot better than I do.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I do not believe the Valor is worth the price point but they are well made handsome pieces.
    The ones I have shot did not have triggers that reflected the money spent and the bushing fit was the same.
    They are very nice guns.
    For your initial desire I suggest (as mentioned up thread) staying in your budget and going with a loaded in stainless. I picked up an ultra nice used one last week for $750 that did have $175 in up-grades on it. After some trigger work and a bushing I will be into it for about $825 as I have some parts already.
    I am sure it will shoot better than I do.

That is exactly what I wanted to hear! Thanks!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I wanted to stop by and give BA my report. Shot the CZ 75 compact (PCR) today. Very nice shooting. More accurate than expected. Trigger wasn't as good as on my Sig 320 that I was also shooting for the first time, but it was just as accurate even though it is shorter and ran just as well. No issues at all. I might even be tempted to carry it after another trip out with no issues. So it really is a hard gun to beat for the money.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom