Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well I have to plan a little bit because if I don't the way my brain works: oh that DW Valor is only $1400?! Well I guess I don't need to eat for awhile...

The Valor is a really nice 1911. I'm considering the VBOB version myself, but it'll be a while before I can make that dream a reallity:

CZ-USA 01982 Dan Wesson 1911 V-BOB 8+1 45ACP 4.25" $1,576.00 SHIPS FREE

At the $600 to $800 range, my top picks would be the SA Range Officer or Loaded. Both are very nice guns. I have a Ruger SR1911 that I like a lot as well, that I can recommend for something closer to the low end.. Good luck finding one you'll love :)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The Valor is a really nice 1911. I'm considering the VBOB version myself, but it'll be a while before I can make that dream a reallity:

CZ-USA 01982 Dan Wesson 1911 V-BOB 8+1 45ACP 4.25" $1,576.00 SHIPS FREE

At the $600 to $800 range, my top picks would be the SA Range Officer or Loaded. Both are very nice guns. I have a Ruger SR1911 that I like a lot as well, that I can recommend for something closer to the low end.. Good luck finding one you'll love :)

I have wanted a VBob for a long time. I will never get one, but that's okay. Another one to look at would be the Remington R1. llh has one that CM loved on. It is quite a shooter.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Okay, I need to make some decisions about guns. In my little world every gun must have a job or niche to fill. Since I have added some guns recently I need to determine what they will be used for. This is how I figure out what modifications to make and, more significantly, what sights or optics will be put on them. I may need to confer with the CZ whisperer on this.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I'll be putting on the CGW Dawson fiber optic sights on the SP-01 once I've got the cash saved up.

The SP-01 comes with night sights. If you decide you want to go with night sights and want my take-off's, let me know.

Okay, I need to make some decisions about guns. In my little world every gun must have a job or niche to fill. Since I have added some guns recently I need to determine what they will be used for. This is how I figure out what modifications to make and, more significantly, what sights or optics will be put on them. I may need to confer with the CZ whisperer on this.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Mine fall into my home defense gun, my competition gun, my carry weapons and everything else is a range gun. In my world, not every gun has a needed role, but some I want to possess just for the sheer joy of owning and shooting them.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I'll be putting on the CGW Dawson fiber optic sights on the SP-01 once I've got the cash saved up.

The SP-01 comes with night sights. If you decide you want to go with night sights and want my take-off's, let me know.

One of the new to me Bs will be getting night sights and one will be getting F/Os. I might try a set of the Dawsons.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Looking for something in the 6-800 range..

Springer Loaded.
    you get all the toys in a well fit gun and they are damned handsome.
    If you look there are used low round count loaded's everywhere for $750.
    They need only have some love applied to the ignition group and you have a very nice shooter.
    Range only.....Range Officer. Not as handsome but just as accurate (same match grade SA barrel as the loaded) with a few less toys.
    Ad a hand fit barrel bushing and a well done trigger job and off to the races.

Then you will be holding it one night and think how great a Mag-Well and new grips would be......it goes on from there.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Springer Loaded.
    you get all the toys in a well fit gun and they are damned handsome.
    If you look there are used low round count loaded's everywhere for $750.
    They need only have some love applied to the ignition group and you have a very nice shooter.
    Range only.....Range Officer. Not as handsome but just as accurate (same match grade SA barrel as the loaded) with a few less toys.
    Ad a hand fit barrel bushing and a well done trigger job and off to the races.

Then you will be holding it one night and think how great a Mag-Well and new grips would be......it goes on from there.

I second the Springer Loaded. But of course I just picked up an S&W E-Series Bobtail for $875 :cool:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom