Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Forgot to give a heads up to anyone who wasn't aware of what I discovered yesterday. Tula brass cased 9mm doesn't run reliably in CZs. Had rounds getting stuck partially in chamber and causing slide to be out of battery and also skipping ahead of the extractor causing out of battery. Confirmed multiple failures in Rami, 75 Compact, 75 fullsize, and P-09. Maybe good for practicing clearing jams :dunno:

I never.......ever.....run steel case in any of my guns. I like them way more than that.

I know you asked to run some in my .40 and I said OK but not a habit of mine.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Forgot to give a heads up to anyone who wasn't aware of what I discovered yesterday. Tula brass cased 9mm doesn't run reliably in CZs. Had rounds getting stuck partially in chamber and causing slide to be out of battery and also skipping ahead of the extractor causing out of battery. Confirmed multiple failures in Rami, 75 Compact, 75 fullsize, and P-09. Maybe good for practicing clearing jams :dunno:

I ran a variety through my stock CZ's yesterday and only had one issue. The Rami had a failure to feed at one point, but I don't recall the ammo. I figure it was due to it being dirty, as I've shot the heck out of it since I bought it a couple weeks ago and haven't cleaned it. Everything else ran fine.

I used Blazer Brass 115gr and 124gr, Perfecta 115gr, Speer Lawman 124gr and some Federal Champion 115gr that someone had brought. Very pleased with the results and with this heads up, I'll be avoiding Tula Brass in the future.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    I ran a variety through my stock CZ's yesterday and only had one issue. The Rami had a failure to feed at one point, but I don't recall the ammo. I figure it was due to it being dirty, as I've shot the heck out of it since I bought it a couple weeks ago and haven't cleaned it. Everything else ran fine.

I used Blazer Brass 115gr and 124gr, Perfecta 115gr, Speer Lawman 124gr and some Federal Champion 115gr that someone had brought. Very pleased with the results and with this heads up, I'll be avoiding Tula Brass in the future.

You might also disassemble the mags and clean. When new they have a heavy gunked mess in them sometimes. I clean in the mag body & spring then light oil the spring.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    For those who haven't seen her in her new paint job. This is the Beauty. Big thanks to Allen and Churchmouse. They did a fantastic job and I can't thank them enough.

IMG_0484_zpsiuyh8zcs.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom