Not open for further replies.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    llh, the nice guy that he is, gave me a PCR holster this morning. He knows how my brain works. If I have a holster I must therefore have the gun. :faint:

He didn't used to be this evil. :evilangel:

Must've hung around me too much.

Just me being a nice guy:evilangel: and expediting the PCR purchase process!! BA has ammo, magazines and now a PCR holster:lmfao:PCR in 3 weeks!:yesway:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    At least for now I am at peace with the contents of the secure facility's.

I am sure another storm will rise up and attempt to take over my feeble (:fogey:) mind.

But for now...........Total "Zen"

I do need some more 9mm. It is so freaking difficult to hit the enter button and just get some. 9mm.......what have I done.

I just bought a case of 9mm from TargetSportsUSA. Just under $240 shipped for 124gr Speer Lawman. They had Blazer Brass 124gr for the same price. Not the absolute best price, but not bad...

Keeping three calibers in stock just for the handguns is a pain and very expensive.

I'm finding that to be the case with just two calibers :(

I'm getting low on .45, which really makes me sad!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I just bought a case of 9mm from TargetSportsUSA. Just under $240 shipped for 124gr Speer Lawman. They had Blazer Brass 124gr for the same price. Not the absolute best price, but not bad...

I'm finding that to be the case with just two calibers :(

I'm getting low on .45, which really makes me sad!

I will be back into this before too much longer....
    The list.

PCR
    97B
    either a 40P or 40B.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I found some time to hand cycle rounds through the Rami yesterday. It definitely cycles rounds with a longer OAL significantly better, like CM had mentioned previously.
    I am contemplating moving the Rami. I don't like that it's ammo sensitive and I have been very happy with how well the 75 compact carries. I would replace the Rami with another CZ or use the money for upgrades to the fullsize or compact. Haven't decided yet.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I found some time to hand cycle rounds through the Rami yesterday. It definitely cycles rounds with a longer OAL significantly better, like CM had mentioned previously.
    I am contemplating moving the Rami. I don't like that it's ammo sensitive and I have been very happy with how well the 75 compact carries. I would replace the Rami with another CZ or use the money for upgrades to the fullsize or compact. Haven't decided yet.

If you put it up for sale I doubt it will last long.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County

I bet it won't last long either, but before you do... you said it handled hollow point rounds splendidly from the flush-fitting mags, but not the extended mags, right?

Just a wild question/suggestion here, but when you loaded up the extended mags, did you tap them against your palm, like some people do with a pack of new smokes? Does what I'm asking make sense? It's an old trick I've seen vets do before at the range, and an older shooter told me once it's something he started doing in the service... his opinion was that it made the rounds line up in his mag a little nicer, which lead to more fluid cycling.

Just a thought. But if your mind is already made up (and truly, I don't think the compact/PCR/P-01 is bad to carry *at all*), then yeah, let it go... but it's worth a try first, maybe?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I bet it won't last long either, but before you do... you said it handled hollow point rounds splendidly from the flush-fitting mags, but not the extended mags, right?

Just a wild question/suggestion here, but when you loaded up the extended mags, did you tap them against your palm, like some people do with a pack of new smokes? Does what I'm asking make sense? It's an old trick I've seen vets do before at the range, and an older shooter told me once it's something he started doing in the service... his opinion was that it made the rounds line up in his mag a little nicer, which lead to more fluid cycling.

Just a thought. But if your mind is already made up (and truly, I don't think the compact/PCR/P-01 is bad to carry *at all*), then yeah, let it go... but it's worth a try first, maybe?

I do this when I load mags and yes, it's leftover from loading mags for my M16 in the Army many moons ago.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

Yes the shorter Geco hollow points fed fine from the 10 rd mag, however the Tula brass FMJs didn't. I have used the smack the mag technique for .22 handguns in the past, but nothing else.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom