Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It would make me think that something is goofy with the firing pin block lifter or it spring or a broken tip off the firing pin. If you take the slide off ,remove the barrel then lay the slide upside down. next thing is to push down on the firing pin lifter block. It is close to the back edge of the slide and is spring loaded. While holding the lifter block down with a small punch use another punch and push inward on the back of the firing pin. With the lifter block pushed down that gives the firing pin clearance to move forward to strike the primer. So you should be able to see the tip of the firing pin protrude out of the breech face.

Are those pin block 80 series style guns?????

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    The remington has the firing pin block, I had her all apart last night those block levers are a PITA to get back in the first time. But I did not take the upper apart to look at the lifter black. I will do it now and see what it looks like.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The remington has the firing pin block, I had her all apart last night those block levers are a PITA to get back in the first time. But I did not take the upper apart to look at the lifter black. I will do it now and see what it looks like.

Use some slide grease on the levers to hold them in place....................."OR" make a proper spacer and eliminate them.

The blocking piece must be removed from the slide. Save all the bits.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Use some slide grease on the levers to hold them in place....................."OR" make a proper spacer and eliminate them.

The blocking piece must be removed from the slide. Save all the bits.

I was thinking about a spacer! Great minds!!
    The firing pin blocks are different in design but serve the same purpose!

Last edited:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    It would make me think that something is goofy with the firing pin block lifter or it spring or a broken tip off the firing pin. If you take the slide off ,remove the barrel then lay the slide upside down. next thing is to push down on the firing pin lifter block. It is close to the back edge of the slide and is spring loaded. While holding the lifter block down with a small punch use another punch and push inward on the back of the firing pin. With the lifter block pushed down that gives the firing pin clearance to move forward to strike the primer. So you should be able to see the tip of the firing pin protrude out of the breech face.

Thanks for this. I will sit down later and tear into her. This is my first CZ and while I'm frustrated I'm not ready to give up, that's how much I like the pistol. I do already have my eyes on a RAMI decocker, looking to replace my ugly (yet utterly reliable glock 27)... Sorry I've dropped the "G" word twice in here....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks for this. I will sit down later and tear into her. This is my first CZ and while I'm frustrated I'm not ready to give up, that's how much I like the pistol. I do already have my eyes on a RAMI decocker, looking to replace my ugly (yet utterly reliable glock 27)... Sorry I've dropped the "G" word twice in here....

Clear the gun.......Muzzle vertical, pencil in barrel eraser 1st..........Pull trigger. Pencil should launch if the firing pin is clearing the pin block.

Did I mention about "CLEARING THE GUN"

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Clear the gun.......Muzzle vertical, pencil in barrel eraser 1st..........Pull trigger. Pencil should launch if the firing pin is clearing the pin block.

Did I mention about "CLEARING THE GUN"

And by CLEARING THE GUN, do you mean CLEARING THE GUN? Is that where I point it at something and pull the trigger?

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Ok here's what I found.

Part number 37 according to the manual, Firing Pin Plug.

I tried the pencil thing, went nowhere. Looked at it closer and the back of the pin where the hammer hits was not protruding out of the slide.

What says INGO? Lemon firearm, or a firearm that cannot handle dry fire?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ok here's what I found.

Part number 37 according to the manual, Firing Pin Plug.

I tried the pencil thing, went nowhere. Looked at it closer and the back of the pin where the hammer hits was not protruding out of the slide.

What says INGO? Lemon firearm, or a firearm that cannot handle dry fire?

Some of those pieces are whacked. Look inside all the holes in the slide where those pins and bits go and check for damage.
    You will need to replace some of those parts.

What say you llh1956.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom