Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    OK guys. I have decided to get out of .40 for awhile, mainly because I like the capacity and cost of 9mm better (I am not starting a .40 vs 9mm conversation either). Anyways, I currently have the 75B fullsize in 9mm, which was going to be my range/winter carry gun. However, I would really like something with night sights (which I understand I can add to that one for under $100) and a light rail, that way I can add a flashlight to it and get a custom holster made for winter carry. The thought of having 20 rounds and a light is really appealing to me for a winter carry gun. So my two options are: SP-01 or P-09 in FDE, both come with night sights, both have a rail, but the SP-01 is gonna cost about $100 more, but the P-09 is much lighter in weight. I am really leaning towards the P-09 as I have a love affair with FDE also.

So here is the real question: Should I move the 75B fullsize and upgrade it to the SP-01 or P-09? I know the answer is have all three, but I have zero patience and therefore can't save money for :poop: .
    Thoughts? What does the Helpdesk say?

Sounds to me like you have already made your decision. You just haven't quite come to grips with it yet. Having a gun with high capacity, night sights and a rail makes for a near perfect home defense gun and would also be an excellent carry gun. I use a full size polymer (Phantom) for this role and am very happy with it. I would say the P09 would fill all of your requirements very nicely. The tricky part comes in deciding whether to part with the 75B. That, of course, is a personal decision and I would not advise you one way or another. I am just wondering how long it will be before you feel the need to replace it and how much are you going to lose on the overall transaction?

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I love this group! I finally feel like I've found a bunch of guys that think exactly like me! I was just thinking about trading my P-09 off for a metal frame with rail and omega trigger... I do love that P09 just not a fan of polymer...

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I love this group! I finally feel like I've found a bunch of guys that think exactly like me! I was just thinking about trading my P-09 off for a metal frame with rail and omega trigger... I do love that P09 just not a fan of polymer...

Unfortunately, that animal doesn't exist. To my knowledge there is no metal frame that has a rail and an Omega trigger. Correct me if I have overlooked one.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I've had the P-07 in both .40 and 9mm. Great pistol, especially in 9mm format, and I can imagine the P-09 is every bit as good, with even better capacity.

However, T-Dogg, if finances allow, don't let go of the 75B. I think you'll regret it. The 75B really is, IMO, the quintessential CZ, and something that can be passed down in your family just like a nice revolver.

FWIW, the only polymer I have in my smallish stash right now is an XDm Compact bitone in 9mm. It's a keeper (unless BA wants to trade it for his 75 Compact in matte stainless :stickpoke:). No doubt the P-09 will rock the range, as my P-07 (especially the one in 9mm) was a phenomenal gun. But IMHO, I'd suggest keeping the 75B, and watching for a good deal on a P-09. For whatever reason, the P-07 and P-09, while more affordable to begin with, don't seem to hold their values as well as the all-metal CZ's. There are deals to be had if you are patient.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Here's a little fun story for ya. At the last 1500 I was looking at a FDE P-09, but bought a Sig P320 FDE instead because I wanted a compact sized carry gun at the time and couldn't justify having the P09. Well right after I got the Sig, I found a used 75 Compact at ZX, which is my compact carry gun now. So I'm selling the Sig this week to my buddy who talked me into getting it and will most likely replace it with the FDE P-09. My wife gave up on trying to understand my logic in all this stuff a long time ago. Not sure why :):

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Here's a little fun story for ya. At the last 1500 I was looking at a FDE P-09, but bought a Sig P320 FDE instead because I wanted a compact sized carry gun at the time and couldn't justify having the P09. Well right after I got the Sig, I found a used 75 Compact at ZX, which is my compact carry gun now. So I'm selling the Sig this week to my buddy who talked me into getting it and will most likely replace it with the FDE P-09. My wife gave up on trying to understand my logic in all this stuff a long time ago. Not sure why :):

Hey, problem solved. :yesway:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I don't think it does either... I did some searching but came up empty.. Maybe it's in the works.

I have a Phantom and, with the 19 round magazine and light/laser combo, it still weighs a good bit. I would think the P09 with the same additions would be very similar and a very stable shooting platform.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I've had the P-07 in both .40 and 9mm. Great pistol, especially in 9mm format, and I can imagine the P-09 is every bit as good, with even better capacity.

However, T-Dogg, if finances allow, don't let go of the 75B. I think you'll regret it. The 75B really is, IMO, the quintessential CZ, and something that can be passed down in your family just like a nice revolver.

FWIW, the only polymer I have in my smallish stash right now is an XDm Compact bitone in 9mm. It's a keeper (unless BA wants to trade it for his 75 Compact in matte stainless :stickpoke:). No doubt the P-09 will rock the range, as my P-07 (especially the one in 9mm) was a phenomenal gun. But IMHO, I'd suggest keeping the 75B, and watching for a good deal on a P-09. For whatever reason, the P-07 and P-09, while more affordable to begin with, don't seem to hold their values as well as the all-metal CZ's. There are deals to be had if you are patient.

I agree with you. The 75B fullsize is the flagship model and the one that started it all for me. I think I will most likely keep it and just go nuts with full cgw upgrades, nice wood checked grips, and what not down the road. So looks like I need to find something else to sell from the safe. Like I said, no patience and Daddy wants something now. I can't help myself.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Unfortunately, that animal doesn't exist. To my knowledge there is no metal frame that has a rail and an Omega trigger. Correct me if I have overlooked one.

There *is* a CZ P-01 model with the Omega trigger (called the P-02), which has a small rail.

Found it:

CZ P-02 Semi Auto Handgun 9mm with AlloyI Frame Online Gun Store

I believe it was a limited run... I haven't seen one for sale in quite awhile, and the link above shows it as being sold out.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.

Sounds like it's gonna be a good night tonight for ya !

:yesway: then testing 4 Cajunized weapons this Thursday after work!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom