Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Two great things today, finally got power back on at the house and made it to the range today with my buddy from work. I will give somewhat of a range report. Here's the lineup of what I took:
    - SA Loaded 1911 SS .45acp
    - CZ 75B Fullsize 9mm
    - CZ 75B Compact 9mm
    - CZ Rami 9mm

Started out with the Springer at 7yds. Found out the POI is pretty low, even if I tried holding the front sight over the bullseye with a "combat sight picture". This is fine with me as I wanted to replace the front sight anyways (it is slightly bent and has patina, unlike the rest of the gun, thinking Dawson Precision front F/O sight or some night sights). However the trigger is amazing and my buddy really liked it too.

attachment.php

Next up was the Rami, the little engine that could. First shot it at 7yds and then at 20yds. This one has night sights on it, which I was able to line up really well at 7yds, but had difficulty with at 20 yds. I found the trigger to feel different than the fullsize and compact, at times it almost stung a little, similar to "trigger slap" in a WASR AK47. I also had 3 FTFs total with it. 2 of them were nose dives into the feed ramp after firing several rounds in a full mag (once with 14rd Rami mag, once with 16rd Fullsize mag, both mags are in used condition with unknown round count). The 3rd FTF was after inserting the 14rd Rami mag in with the slide locked open, after I racked the slide the round went up into the top of the chamber and jammed there. All 3 FTF were with Geco 115gr Brass cased JHP. After tinkering around with this at home and hand cycling, I concluded that there is a combination of possibly a weak mag spring, the Geco JHP ammo has too much of a squared off face, and all the rounds are contacting the feed ramp towards the bottom. Hornady Critical Defense and Remington HTP handcycled considerably better (I did shoot 5 Hornady rounds with no issues).

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The Compact was next, I shot this at 7yds and 20yds. I was very happy with it at 20yds and contribute this to lining up the standard sights easier vs. the wider night sights on the Rami. I would put this and the Rami as a tie for first for my favorite of the day, with the Compact maybe slightly leading. The compact just "felt right" in my hand almost like it was a direct extension of my brain through my fingers and was directly wired into my system or something.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last is the 75 Fullsize, which I have owned long before the other two CZs. It performed reliably as usual at 7yds and I forgot to try it at 20yds. I found it to be the softest shooter of the bunch.

attachment.php

As a final thought, I found it surprising that all three guns being all CZ, felt all completely different from each other. My friend liked the Rami the most, I give the Compact a slight edge but possible tie for first with the Rami. I will say the Rami is the softest most enjoyable Sub-Compact 9mm that I have ever shot and blows the Wife's Glock 26 out of the water in regards to accuracy, recoil, and enjoyment of shooting. I realize the Glock guys will claim reliability because of the FTFs that I had, but I blame a combination of ammo and mags on that issue.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Two great things today, finally got power back on at the house and made it to the range today with my buddy from work. I will give somewhat of a range report. Here's the lineup of what I took:
    - SA Loaded 1911 SS .45acp
    - CZ 75B Fullsize 9mm
    - CZ 75B Compact 9mm
    - CZ Rami 9mm

Started out with the Springer at 7yds. Found out the POI is pretty low, even if I tried holding the front sight over the bullseye with a "combat sight picture". This is fine with me as I wanted to replace the front sight anyways (it is slightly bent and has patina, unlike the rest of the gun, thinking Dawson Precision front F/O sight or some night sights). However the trigger is amazing and my buddy really liked it too.

attachment.php

Next up was the Rami, the little engine that could. First shot it at 7yds and then at 20yds. This one has night sights on it, which I was able to line up really well at 7yds, but had difficulty with at 20 yds. I found the trigger to feel different than the fullsize and compact, at times it almost stung a little, similar to "trigger slap" in a WASR AK47. I also had 3 FTFs total with it. 2 of them were nose dives into the feed ramp after firing several rounds in a full mag (once with 14rd Rami mag, once with 16rd Fullsize mag, both mags are in used condition with unknown round count). The 3rd FTF was after inserting the 14rd Rami mag in with the slide locked open, after I racked the slide the round went up into the top of the chamber and jammed there. All 3 FTF were with Geco 115gr Brass cased JHP. After tinkering around with this at home and hand cycling, I concluded that there is a combination of possibly a weak mag spring, the Geco JHP ammo has too much of a squared off face, and all the rounds are contacting the feed ramp towards the bottom. Hornady Critical Defense and Remington HTP handcycled considerably better (I did shoot 5 Hornady rounds with no issues).

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The Compact was next, I shot this at 7yds and 20yds. I was very happy with it at 20yds and contribute this to lining up the standard sights easier vs. the wider night sights on the Rami. I would put this and the Rami as a tie for first for my favorite of the day, with the Compact maybe slightly leading. The compact just "felt right" in my hand almost like it was a direct extension of my brain through my fingers and was directly wired into my system or something.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last is the 75 Fullsize, which I have owned long before the other two CZs. It performed reliably as usual at 7yds and I forgot to try it at 20yds. I found it to be the softest shooter of the bunch.

attachment.php

As a final thought, I found it surprising that all three guns being all CZ, felt all completely different from each other. My friend liked the Rami the most, I give the Compact a slight edge but possible tie for first with the Rami. I will say the Rami is the softest most enjoyable Sub-Compact 9mm that I have ever shot and blows the Wife's Glock 26 out of the water in regards to accuracy, recoil, and enjoyment of shooting. I realize the Glock guys will claim reliability because of the FTFs that I had, but I blame a combination of ammo and mags on that issue.

The round is nosing down into the ramp. A ball round would likely have fed OK.
    Still, that ramped barrel should eat hollow points all day long.
    Does it run with a different mag???

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The round is nosing down into the ramp. A ball round would likely have fed OK.
    Still, that ramped barrel should eat hollow points all day long.
    Does it run with a different mag???
    I ran 100-150 ball rounds with no issues. I ran other mags with no issues, but admittedly didn't run a :poop: ton of hollow points through it, maybe 50-75 if I had to guess. It only nose dived twice, once with the used Rami 14rd mag and once with the used 16rd mag.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    :cool:The CZ's out of surgery and awaiting testing this week![IMG
    Guess which has been named the Bumble Bee!!! The Bumble Bee SA 3 lbs, DA 6 1/2 lbs, The Rami D SA 3 1/2 lbs DA 7 lbs.

][/IMG]
    HR]d!!!:cool:
    Barry%20SPO1%20and%20Rami%20D%20002_zpsmy6m6ebq.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    Obviously Mr. Jenkins is planning on OCing the Bumblebee for attention. ;)

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Recently acquired a very gently used P07 but no pics, it is off getting a custom carbon fiber kydex holster with room for a TLR-1.

I got the CZickness from an Armalite clone but it wasn't reliable. Been looking for an excuse for a real one for a while now.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Recently acquired a very gently used P07 but no pics, it is off getting a custom carbon fiber kydex holster with room for a TLR-1.

I got the CZickness from an Armalite clone but it wasn't reliable. Been looking for an excuse for a real one for a while now.
    I've held some of the clones, it just isn't the same as the real deal. It's like a fake set of boobs, kinda.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    This is not on you my friend. I is a fully growed man. I is OK wit dis. I am sure somewhere down the path we will do some covert hostage exchange. Who knows, it may grow on me.
    I feel like I led you astray. I thought sure you would like this one better than the 40P. IMO the 40B is a softer shooter and mine was one of my most accurate guns. We will see what you think after you test fire it. We need to figure out what you want in trade.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I will have try one of these out. CZ has got me curious. Hows accuracy? Reliability? After market support?
    Some things are better experienced than related with words. You need to get with someone in your area that has one, fully Cajunized would be better, and see how you like it. Like any gun, they aren't for everyone.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    :cool:The CZ's out of surgery and awaiting testing this week![IMG
    Guess which has been named the Bumble Bee!!! The Bumble Bee SA 3 lbs, DA 6 1/2 lbs, The Rami D SA 3 1/2 lbs DA 7 lbs.

][/IMG]
    HR]d!!!:cool:
    Barry%20SPO1%20and%20Rami%20D%20002_zpsmy6m6ebq.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    When I first saw these I thought they were pretty hideous. They seem to be growing on me. Now I think the Bumble Bee is uniquely cool. That green may take a while to grow on me, though. ;)

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    When I first saw these I thought they were pretty hideous. They seem to be growing on me. Now I think the Bumble Bee is uniquely cool. That green may take a while to grow on me, though. ;)
    Just remember under those colors they are still CZs! And I think it is funny I felt pretty safe with the color on the Rami not so much with the SP-01. What the heck we only live once! Let us know how the doctor did after you try them out this week.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Just remember under those colors they are still CZs! And I think it is funny I felt pretty safe with the color on the Rami not so much with the SP-01. What the heck we only live once! Let us know how the doctor did after you try them out this week.

Will do. That Bumble Bee looks better every time I see the picture. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom