churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It is in the safe.
    Not sure why everyone thinks it is akin to a 1911.....maybe grip angle but that's it. Not seriously impressed with it yet. I might have screwed myself on this one.
    Will shoot it and see.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Sorry, I guess I misled you. To me, they are very reminiscent of a 1911. But, I guess that is very subjective.

I've often heard CZ's referred to as "European 1911's". I tend to agree, but yes, it's a subjective comparison, especially from a purist's perspective.

I've posted before that I believe CZ's shine brightest in 9mm configuration. I say this from experience with a P-07 in .40. It was a perfectly fine shooter to be sure, but it was a very different experience than shooting a P-07 in 9mm (which was like buttery silk). I understand they are two very different rounds, and it wasn't bad, but not what I was sort of hoping for.

Just got home from handing over the P-01 and 75B to llh1956. The doctor has already begun to operate. I'm pretty darned excited, especially after getting the chance to dry fire a couple subjects he took out of their cages. Hoohahh!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've often heard CZ's referred to as "European 1911's". I tend to agree, but yes, it's a subjective comparison, especially from a purist's perspective.

I've posted before that I believe CZ's shine brightest in 9mm configuration. I say this from experience with a P-07 in .40. It was a perfectly fine shooter to be sure, but it was a very different experience than shooting a P-07 in 9mm (which was like buttery silk). I understand they are two very different rounds, and it wasn't bad, but not what I was sort of hoping for.

Just got home from handing over the P-01 and 75B to llh1956. The doctor has already begun to operate. I'm pretty darned excited, especially after getting the chance to dry fire a couple subjects he took out of their cages. Hoohahh!

I have and love a 97. It handles the big cartridge pretty well. Mine is not yet attended the CGW seminar but the one my Son relieved me of had all the goods.
    My 40p has attended Dr. llh's school of cool. The .40 is just a Pi$$ed off junk yard dog. Lot's of bite in that one.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    :cool:The CZ's out of surgery and awaiting testing this week![IMG
    Guess which has been named the Bumble Bee!!! The Bumble Bee SA 3 lbs, DA 6 1/2 lbs, The Rami D SA 3 1/2 lbs DA 7 lbs.

][/IMG]
    HR]d!!!:cool:
    Barry%20SPO1%20and%20Rami%20D%20002_zpsmy6m6ebq.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    I have and love a 97. It handles the big cartridge pretty well. Mine is not yet attended the CGW seminar but the one my Son relieved me of had all the goods.
    My 40p has attended Dr. llh's school of cool. The .40 is just a Pi$$ed off junk yard dog. Lot's of bite in that one.

Sweet music to my ears:yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can see you are disappointed. That sucks.

Yeah a little. It is just a CZ with a different grip. I traded a sweet stainless loaded 1911 for it.
    I did get 4 Mags and 600 rds. of .40 with it so the deal was OK.

No knock on the platform but if the pics had been better I would not have done it.

I will talk to Dr. CZ Love and figure out what to do.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Yeah a little. It is just a CZ with a different grip. I traded a sweet stainless loaded 1911 for it.
    I did get 4 Mags and 600 rds. of .40 with it so the deal was OK.

No knock on the platform but if the pics had been better I would not have done it.

I will talk to Dr. CZ Love and figure out what to do.
    Sorry you lost the 1911. We can work something out if you don't want it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom