Not open for further replies.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Good morning, guys. I've been off here for a couple days, but realize I need to socialize more. My grandfather passed away on Sunday night - 2020 just keeps on giving. My grandma seems to be doing okay emotionally, so that's a plus. Any good thoughts for her and my mom are appreciated - my mom is having a hard time.

A couple years ago he went on a trip with Indy Honor Flight to see all the monuments in DC, which was a huge highlight for him. My grandma is planning to bury him in his Honor Flight shirt since it was his favorite. Here's a picture my grandma took when he was coming back from his trip.

Very sorry for your loss. Should you need us...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    SS, I am really sorry to hear of your granddad's passing. I really hope that 2021 is better and that your grandma and mother find peace with his passing.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Sarah, sorry to hear about your grandpa. He will always be with you and your family. I talk to my Dad all the time and I'm still right 60% of the time in those conversations.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Put in 35 hours at work over the last 3 days. The time is available before end of year, so I'm taking advantage and getting stuff done while others are taking time off. It also might have to do with needing to replenish some money recently spent. :):

My day got a little better. Neighbor tested negative for Covid. Mom decided she was coming over for Christmas. And I got a blizzard from DQ. Reeses with tons of extra reeses.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Put in 35 hours at work over the last 3 days. The time is available before end of year, so I'm taking advantage and getting stuff done while others are taking time off. It also might have to do with needing to replenish some money recently spent. :):

My day got a little better. Neighbor tested negative for Covid. Mom decided she was coming over for Christmas. And I got a blizzard from DQ. Reeses with tons of extra reeses.
    DQ better come correct this time. Glad your day is perking up. Up at work myself.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    Good morning, guys. I've been off here for a couple days, but realize I need to socialize more. My grandfather passed away on Sunday night - 2020 just keeps on giving. My grandma seems to be doing okay emotionally, so that's a plus. Any good thoughts for her and my mom are appreciated - my mom is having a hard time.

A couple years ago he went on a trip with Indy Honor Flight to see all the monuments in DC, which was a huge highlight for him. My grandma is planning to bury him in his Honor Flight shirt since it was his favorite. Here's a picture my grandma took when he was coming back from his trip.

xcC12sp.jpg
    Grandpa sure looks like a happy camper in the picture. Condolences to you and your family. This is a sad way to start the holidays. Wishing the best for you all.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It's hard to get the pickle lady to sit still. Even if sitting her hands are moving.

I can't wait to refinish this stock. A quick strip down quickly revealed the second rifle was inoperable because it had no springs. Everything else I need seems to be there/serviceable.

Not as cool as 88's refurb, but this job will bring a huge smile to a deserving face. We all need more smiles.
    b4bb37474ac2e6f5dff948cd7aa81485.jpg

Even more cool in that you are making a broken thing work again. I'm just making one thing look like it used to at some point.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning all!
    I was going into the office this morning when I heard some strange bird sounds. I looked around and found what looks to ne a bunch of cranes flying. Here is a pic.
    1fe23ed3b52af18a3a053cf861c21afa.jpg
    I saw a bunch of them flying over the house yesterday too. They sure do get your attention with the distinctive call they have. I have no idea what times they fly but I could hear a bunch going by the other night at around 10pm. It kind of worried me actually as my son has been doing a lot of night flying and there's no way a pilot would see these in the dark.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I was able to fix my INGO login issue and can login via a PC now instead of having to use Tapatalk. You miss a lot on Tapatalk but it is a handy platform for surfing from phones and iPads.
    :ingo:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I saw a bunch of them flying over the house yesterday too. They sure do get your attention with the distinctive call they have. I have no idea what times they fly but I could hear a bunch going by the other night at around 10pm. It kind of worried me actually as my son has been doing a lot of night flying and there's no way a pilot would see these in the dark.
    They hang out in the fields surrounding dad's by the thousands. Very annoying creatures.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Sarah .... I'm so sorry for your loss. I know first-hand that a relationship with a grandparent is often very close. With the holidays, it's certainly terrible timing, although there's never a good time for such things. Kathy and I will keep you in our thoughts ... hang tough, girl.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    What was the turn time on that one?

eFiled on 12-1-20, fingerprint cards mailed the next day, approved on 12-23-20. We'll see how soon the stamp gets mailed. Hope USPS doesn't lose it.

I'm going to give the mail a week to get past some of the xmas rush and file one more I think. That will only leave me with one AR pistol and it's a 9mm so it would be harder for them to claim it's an SBR.

Winning!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom