MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Sounds like a well-reasoned approach, DOGG ! :yesway:
    My leaf blower is on its last legs (Black & Decker, corded unit), so when the time comes to replace, I'ma gonna check out the Ego tools.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    I’ve got a super sweet m12 fuel 3/8 impact and 1/2 hammer drill from Milwaukee, was a deal they ran last year around this time. I wanna say it was under $200. Good deal. I am really needing a battery 1/2 inch impact really bad...
    I have the Milwaukee M18 fuel 1/2 impacts and have nothing but good things to say, after all they're Milwaukees'. I have both 1/2 models and the 3/8 and use them daily.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I started out with MagTech way back when Makita was about all you could get in a 9V option. MagTech was 12 volts. But both brands were not up to being used daily on the job. Porter cable/Dewalt etc and they all were short on my needs. Battery life/durability etc and no one made an impact then either.
    Milwaukee entered the market and I bought a half inch drill with a screw clutch and hammer drill option and I beat that thing to death. Years. I still have it. But I stepped up with a new drill (I need 2 actually) and an quarter inch impact. That little impact is amazing. I also have a dewalt impact I got in a trade on Ingo. It will not hold a candle to the little red machine. So I bought a sawzal and it too is a beast. It eats battery's (all are 18V) but it works hard.

JMHO as to brand preferences. I realize budgets come into play but I work my tools.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    I started out with MagTech way back when Makita was about all you could get in a 9V option. MagTech was 12 volts. But both brands were not up to being used daily on the job. Porter cable/Dewalt etc and they all were short on my needs. Battery life/durability etc and no one made an impact then either.
    Milwaukee entered the market and I bought a half inch drill with a screw clutch and hammer drill option and I beat that thing to death. Years. I still have it. But I stepped up with a new drill (I need 2 actually) and an quarter inch impact. That little impact is amazing. I also have a dewalt impact I got in a trade on Ingo. It will not hold a candle to the little red machine. So I bought a sawzal and it too is a beast. It eats battery's (all are 18V) but it works hard.

JMHO as to brand preferences. I realize budgets come into play but I work my tools.
    IMHO Milwaukee is as good as it gets. I'm not gonna say that others are not as good, but none better. The brushless tools really are a big difference and game changers. It's amazing how long the batteries will go.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    IMHO Milwaukee is as good as it gets. I'm not gonna say that others are not as good, but none better. The brushless tools really are a big difference and game changers. It's amazing how long the batteries will go.

The battery's take a charge pretty fast as well. The thin 18V that came with the impact is showing its age. But I have multiple regular batts and always a couple on the chargers.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I got to take a 1:00AM 1/10th mile walk out to the street after getting an email that Fedex had delivered a package at 6pm and it wasn't at the front door. Found it on the ground by the mailbox post. It had been rained on earlier.

I guess the driver was too afraid of the dark to do his/her job correctly. Lazy a$$hat.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I got to take a 1:00AM 1/10th mile walk out to the street after getting an email that Fedex had delivered a package at 6pm and it wasn't at the front door. Found it on the ground by the mailbox post. It had been rained on earlier.

I guess the driver was too afraid of the dark to do his/her job correctly. Lazy a$$hat.

These people are so overwhelmed right now they are dizzy. I spoke with our regular UPS guy and the mailman this week and they are weary. Not making excuses. Just see them up to their butts in all of this insanity.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Just another early morning... About to go pick up round 2 of my latest “I can’t live withouts”.... Here was yesterday’s... All I needed was a couple parts I swear!

3cb61e694895d1b68c3cf9e6e64e9b94.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just another early morning... About to go pick up round 2 of my latest “I can’t live withouts”.... Here was yesterday’s... All I needed was a couple parts I swear!

3cb61e694895d1b68c3cf9e6e64e9b94.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reminds me of when we drove to Missouri and pulled the 69 Camaro out of the field behind the barn. It was in a bit worse shape believe it or not.
    Man I wish we had some picks of that ordeal.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    churchmouse;[URL="tel:8530470" said:
    8530470[/URL]]Reminds me of when we drove to Missouri and pulled the 69 Camaro out of the field behind the barn. It was in a bit worse shape believe it or not.
    Man I wish we had some picks of that ordeal.
    This one is pretty bad... I’m glad the farmer I’m getting these from has a tractor with a loader and fork bars on it, he dropped it right on the trailer. But it took me 6 hours to get it off....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This one is pretty bad... I’m glad the farmer I’m getting these from has a tractor with a loader and fork bars on it, he dropped it right on the trailer. But it took me 6 hours to get it off....

We had a Bobcat to assist but could not pick up the car. No rear end just leaf springs stuck in the mud. No front tires either and the cross member was buried in the mud.
    Car was hit hard drivers front. So yeah it was a treat to get loaded. The winch on the trailer was a god send once we got it out of the fracking dirt. Blustery cols day in a corn field about this time of the year.

Ah lifes little adventures.

The end results were satisfying enough to maker it all worth the max efforts.

7oM0WQY.jpg

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Sounds like a well-reasoned approach, DOGG ! :yesway:
    My leaf blower is on its last legs (Black & Decker, corded unit), so when the time comes to replace, I'ma gonna check out the Ego tools.

I have the Ego leaf blower. It really works great. I also have the Ego snow blower, weed eater, and lawn mower as well. I'm on my third winter with the snow blower, and next summer will be the fourth summer with the lawn mower. I've had no issues with them. I just got the weed eater and leaf blower this year.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom