Not open for further replies.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Hello from Snowy Iowa.!!

around 6" snow fell last night - took the grands to a park nearby their home in Des Moines...great time.

I am now warming up and having a very high test IPA from Boulevard that is "setting the mood"

Onward, my friends....

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Afternoon folk’s. Just got back from a quick range trip out to MCFG to get a little live fire practice in with the Sigs. The new P226 runs just fine as is and will make an excellent backup until the gun fund recovers enough to outfit it properly. I might bead blast the frame and slide just for fun though.

Point shooting practice is yielding results. Too bad that my ammo expenditure budget is meager or I’d still be out there blasting away and having as ball

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Afternoon folk’s. Just got back from a quick range trip out to MCFG to get a little live fire practice in with the Sigs. The new P226 runs just fine as is and will make an excellent backup until the gun fund recovers enough to outfit it properly. I might bead blast the frame and slide just for fun though.

Point shooting practice is yielding results. Too bad that my ammo expenditure budget is meager or I’d still be out there blasting away and having as ball

I have caught so much crap from the "Experts" on my "Point/shoot" technique.
    **** on-em

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...Point shooting practice is yielding results...

When I was shooting steel matches against the clock I found myself mostly ignoring the sights on the closer targets and making hits reliably.

On the occasions that I'm practicing with pistols close in and have a silhouette at 7 yards, I make it a habit to go through several mags bringing the gun up and point shooting one or two rounds at a time. I figure a self defense situation would most likely be filled with adrenaline, close in and happen in poor lighting.

If it's a different situation, I can aim and make hits out to 200 yards.

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   1
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    That's neat. I actually shoot left handed. My grandpa, who was left handed taught me how. It's weird.

That's a beautiful stock.

I bought it here on INGO a few years back.
    Thank you Snorco!

I write, throw, shoot left handed.
    I don’t remember seeing any CZ pistols that were left hand friendly back in the day, seems most are now.
    I always did like the design and feel of them.
    I was taught to play guitar right handed.
    Everyone was on the just learn to play right handed and make it easy on yourself bandwagon.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    When I was shooting steel matches against the clock I found myself mostly ignoring the sights on the closer targets and making hits reliably.

On the occasions that I'm practicing with pistols close in and have a silhouette at 7 yards, I make it a habit to go through several mags bringing the gun up and point shooting one or two rounds at a time. I figure a self defense situation would most likely be filled with adrenaline, close in and happen in poor lighting.

If it's a different situation, I can aim and make hits out to 200 yards.

I’m the same. Sights are for 10 yards and beyond. Inside that and I know that in a fast situation, I may become fixated on the attacker and still want to effectively put rounds into a target if that happens

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Went through CKW's Tippman. Had some strangness occur but swapped out the Ignition package and looks like we are good to go.
    Started installing this get-up on one of the AR's...FAB defense Podium. Thing is they sent me 2 left side braces. :poop:
    Continued down the list. More to do tomorrow.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I bought it here on INGO a few years back.
    Thank you Snorco!

I write, throw, shoot left handed.
    I don’t remember seeing any CZ pistols that were left hand friendly back in the day, seems most are now.
    I always did like the design and feel of them.
    I was taught to play guitar right handed.
    Everyone was on the just learn to play right handed and make it easy on yourself bandwagon.

I should clarify, I shoot rifles left handed. Pistols, writing, etc.. right handed. I blame my grandpa but that's ok.:)

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Went through CKW's Tippman. Had some strangness occur but swapped out the Ignition package and looks like we are good to go.
    Started installing this get-up on one of the AR's...FAB defense Podium. Thing is they sent me 2 left side braces. :poop:
    Continued down the list. More to do tomorrow.

Hopefully they have good customer service. I don't know much about that company. I am curious about those bipods if there's enough stability with it mounted in the middle vs the end. I suppose I good search in any search engine to see what people think.

Evening, all. Long day of running to pick up my new-to-me plastic fantastic Steyr M40 and then getting ammo & powder from Indy-ish, and liquor from Bloomington & Gnaw Bone (Nashville, IN).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hopefully they have good customer service. I don't know much about that company. I am curious about those bipods if there's enough stability with it mounted in the middle vs the end. I suppose I good search in any search engine to see what people think.

Evening, all. Long day of running to pick up my new-to-me plastic fantastic Steyr M40 and then getting ammo & powder from Indy-ish, and liquor from Bloomington & Gnaw Bone (Nashville, IN).

It is light. Takes the weight of a Harris off the nose. I did set it down with the legs extended just made sure not to lean on it. It seems to be very stable.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    After endless research, I decided to go with Ego for the leaf blower, trimmer and eventually a battery powered lawn mower. I really like the idea of a fold up lawn mower for storage and no maintenance except sharpening the blade. I really don't care for gas powered lawn equipment. My property is small, my usage is light duty at best and I value garage space. Ryobi was heavily considered and I'm sure it would work fine also, but from what I can tell, the Ego seems to be worth the few extra bucks in this category.

This research carried over into cordless power tools. I need to retire my Black & Decker, Craftsman and Harbor Freight stuff. I don't make a living with power tools, but like my gun collection that evolved over time, I recognize what "cheap" brings with it. I think for the occasional use that I found myself needing power tools for, factoring in that I don't build things constantly and no longer live in a fixer upper house, the Ryobi lineup seems to be a good happy medium. That being said, after looking at the Dewalt and Milwaukee lineup, considering I actually only need about 5 power tools to replace what I have, the Milwaukee line is very enticing. The power tools will have to wait a little while though as the funds aren't there right now and are not a rush item currently.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I’ve got a super sweet m12 fuel 3/8 impact and 1/2 hammer drill from Milwaukee, was a deal they ran last year around this time. I wanna say it was under $200. Good deal. I am really needing a battery 1/2 inch impact really bad...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom