Not open for further replies.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    This is the Valor. CKW picked out the grips.

What say you all....?????
    nxRTKoz.jpg
    Drool.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    KJ, do you have tank heaters in that camper? If you do, just fill the fresh water tank and disconnect your hose and drain it...They do make heated water hoses also.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    KJ, do you have tank heaters in that camper? If you do, just fill the fresh water tank and disconnect your hose and drain it...They do make heated water hoses also.
    No tank heater, and it’s only getting to 32. It got into the 20’s a couple weeks ago and my water filter canister froze. I took it off now, we’re in city water. Underside of the camper is pretty well insulated, No worries.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Copied from MAC's Facebook page:

In the next 48 hours the DOJ will publish a letter for a rule change on the Federal Register that will possibly change the public perception of braces and place the ATF in a position to rule on any individual braced pistol to be an illegal SBR. Things like caliber, length of pull, accessories like scopes, forward hand grips, drum magazines and bipods may lead the ATF to deem your particular firearm to be an illegal SBR. However, the letter does not offer any detailed guidance as to the specifics such as the calibers that make it a SBR, the specific length of pull, the weight, etc. it only speaks in generalities.

Because the letter does not clearly define what is a legal braced configuration vs. an illegal SBR, it leaves owners to guess for themselves what might be legal and what isn’t. Owners will have the option of registering their braced pistol on the NFA but the tax will we waived as long as the gun was in said configuration prior to the publication of the DOJ letter. You will also be able to remove the brace, surrender the gun, change the barrel length to 16” or destroy the firearm. The letter on the Federal Register will be open for comments for 2 weeks.

The end of the letter states that the rule change does not carry the force of law. So what does it mean? Only the ATF and DOJ seem to know. Welcome to the largest gun registration scheme in US history. I hope you’re as pissed off as I am. More to come.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven

In the next 48 hours the DOJ will publish a letter for a rule change on the Federal Register that will possibly change the public perception of braces and place the ATF in a position to rule on any individual braced pistol to be an illegal SBR. Things like caliber, length of pull, accessories like scopes, forward hand grips, drum magazines and bipods may lead the ATF to deem your particular firearm to be an illegal SBR. However, the letter does not offer any detailed guidance as to the specifics such as the calibers that make it a SBR, the specific length of pull, the weight, etc. it only speaks in generalities.

Because the letter does not clearly define what is a legal braced configuration vs. an illegal SBR, it leaves owners to guess for themselves what might be legal and what isn’t. Owners will have the option of registering their braced pistol on the NFA but the tax will we waived as long as the gun was in said configuration prior to the publication of the DOJ letter. You will also be able to remove the brace, surrender the gun, change the barrel length to 16” or destroy the firearm. The letter on the Federal Register will be open for comments for 2 weeks.

The end of the letter states that the rule change does not carry the force of law. So what does it mean? Only the ATF and DOJ seem to know. Welcome to the largest gun registration scheme in US history. I hope you’re as pissed off as I am. More to come.
    Roll that registry and shove it Mr Alphabet Man!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

With the scam that was called an election and this insidious crap I am just speechless.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    :xmad:

And what will this do for all of these gun manufacturers who are selling braced pistols. Ruger, Springfield and Palmetto for example. Are they going to have to put disclaimers on their guns stating that the gun is possibly an SBR depending on what optic, forward grip or magazine a person uses?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom