Not open for further replies.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    We got our oldest one her first bicycle today. It didn't take her long to get the hang of it. Still needs a lot of work but doing great. Even with training wheels she dumped it several times and got right back on! We all took a walk to the fountain and I pulled her brother in the wagon, and it was a fun trip. Big day for her!
    Ben, those are the days you’ll remember all your life.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Leadeye, what exactly is this conversion Colt in the front and center?

EwuhCGN.jpg

That's a Cimarron repro copied from an 1860 Richards conversion. Shoots 44 special quite well. Richards conversions were the first version where Colt took 1860 Army cap and ball revolvers and made cartridge guns out of them. Shorter barrel versions like this one would have simply involved shortening Army barrels. It was a great money maker for Colt using up obsolete parts and making a decent revolver before the release of the 1873 SAA.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    That's a Cimarron repro copied from an 1860 Richards conversion. Shoots 44 special quite well. Richards conversions were the first version where Colt took 1860 Army cap and ball revolvers and made cartridge guns out of them. Shorter barrel versions like this one would have simply involved shortening Army barrels. It was a great money maker for Colt using up obsolete parts and making a decent revolver before the release of the 1873 SAA.
    A conversion is on my short list. I love my 1873, but I was always more of a Clint Eastwood fan over The Duke. I need an old Colt and an old Remington conversion. The Uberti/Cimarron reproductions seem hard to beat for several guns that would be hard to come up with an original, or ammo to shoot it, in the case of the .44 Henry.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Last time I took the AR9 pistol to the range the Law folding adapter shot loose. The "tool" they provide to tighten the adapter is made to bend to indicate proper torque. Not real confidence inspiring to me and I'm not going to add loctite with such a flimsy tool for removal so I took it off. Was only a novelty to me anyway.

If I ever decide to use it again I will make a better tool.

Sold 500 .223 to a friend for slightly more than it cost me so that he and his dad would have some ammo. They were building a first AR15 for his dad.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Last time I took the AR9 pistol to the range the Law folding adapter shot loose. The "tool" they provide to tighten the adapter is made to bend to indicate proper torque. Not real confidence inspiring to me and I'm not going to add loctite with such a flimsy tool for removal so I took it off. Was only a novelty to me anyway.

If I ever decide to use it again I will make a better tool.

Sold 500 .223 to a friend for slightly more than it cost me so that he and his dad would have some ammo. They were building a first AR15 for his dad.

Nail polish. Laugh if you want but it is a fair thread locker for low impact situations.

If you want to sell that let me know.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    A conversion is on my short list. I love my 1873, but I was always more of a Clint Eastwood fan over The Duke. I need an old Colt and an old Remington conversion. The Uberti/Cimarron reproductions seem hard to beat for several guns that would be hard to come up with an original, or ammo to shoot it, in the case of the .44 Henry.

An excellent conversion from Uberti is the 1851 Navy with the octagon barrel. I had Allen M. make a period brass sight for me and dovetail it into the barrel this year, replacing the cone that can get knocked off. They make the snake inlays that go on the Man With No Name guns.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    An excellent conversion from Uberti is the 1851 Navy with the octagon barrel. I had Allen M. make a period brass sight for me and dovetail it into the barrel this year, replacing the cone that can get knocked off. They make the snake inlays that go on the Man With No Name guns.
    I just looked at that one on GB. :laugh:

Austin has an 1873 SRC in 32-20 ending tonight. I’m watching. I don’t think Coors light can get me there, though.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    When I quit bass fishing, I bought my first SBR. I don’t think the braces were even a thing then.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom