The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Other than shooting one back in the 80s that belonged to a friend, none. I remember comparing it to my Vietnam style Colt AR-15 and thinking it felt less solid.
    I’ve always been intrigued by them. But damn, they are getting hard to find and expensive.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I’ve always been intrigued by them. But damn, they are getting hard to find and expensive.

I compared a number of .223 guns to the AR in the 80s as they were all much cheaper back then. I found the Galil heavy and the HK hard on brass. Stuck with the AR. Isn't the charging handle on the 180 sort of a right angled wire thing? I never guessed stuff would get as pricey as it is now.

I was at a MSCD auction in the early 90s where they could not get $300 each for 3 HK rifles. One was a collapsible stock, times change. Thought about buying them just to put away, but mags were expensive.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I compared a number of .223 guns to the AR in the 80s as they were all much cheaper back then. I found the Galil heavy and the HK hard on brass. Stuck with the AR. Isn't the charging handle on the 180 sort of a right angled wire thing? I never guessed stuff would get as pricey as it is now.

I was at a MSCD auction in the early 90s where they could not get $300 each for 3 HK rifles. One was a collapsible stock, times change. Thought about buying them just to put away, but mags were expensive.
    I had an HK 93 and just wasn’t that impressed with it. I put it back on GB. The AR180 has a reciprocating side charge handle on the bolt.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Coffee.

Boys (adults) are drinking Jameson’s and diet Sprite. Wive has a tea. Girls (adults) have wine and water.

Half are watching the Lakers-Celtics. Other half are watching the Bachelor.

Girls are pillow fighting on the Bachelor. I'm "spending time with the Mrs."

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    That makes me sad. :( Although I know nothing about them beyond thinking they're kind of sexy.
    The HK 94/MP5 is the coolest of the 90 series guns. The 93 is in 5.56, and the mags are rediculous for them. An HK 91, is the .308 version and the cheapest of the 3. Also the mags are super cheap and abundant. But they will destroy some brass.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It’s 8:50 and my glass is empty. I’m not sure if I should sip a bit of bourbon before calling it a night or maybe switch to tea. And, but tea, I mean bourbon with ice in it. Tough choice...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom