The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Sweet. Ive got a sweet boondock saints lamp with twin pistols. I debated making my own with removable real pistols that would be in my locked gun room only of coarse so the kids would never have access.
    Maybe down the road. Ive got a long list of projects that need completed first. Sadly with my health now I have to hire people to do the work.
    Speaking of, does anyone know who I need to call to have a stove/microwave vent installed in my kitchen wall to the outside? The fan/stove hood is built into the microwave but whoever the genius that built the house was didnt install a vent to the outside so that the fumes will go out of the house. I need that put in.
    Have no idea who to call. I don't want to get ripped off but I want good work done and quickly. Also I need tile flooring installed and a tile walk-in shower installed and one other project i do not want to mention online.

I'm with you. It's upsetting when your health doesn't allow you to do the things that you used to do !
    And giving someone access to your house to do the work makes me very uncomfortable.
    Who to trust? :dunno: Dang .... wish that I could tell you.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    It’s been an odd week for package services to my house. 2 USPS delivers were a day early and a FedEx one is scheduled to arrive early as well now. I like seeing gun parts arrive early.

Anyone have fun plans for weekend?

Sock on, or sock off ? ......that's the real dilemma !

But seriously, no.....it's gonna be wet, then really cold.

You have plans, Turbo ?

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    P.S......I'm curious, Turbo. Did you sell your 6.5 creedmore, or just withdraw the ad ?
    Telling me "it's none of your business" is an acceptable answer , of course.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Sock on, or sock off ? ......that's the real dilemma !

But seriously, no.....it's gonna be wet, then really cold.

You have plans, Turbo ?

Dinner with my dad tomorrow while my wife and my step-mom go see Steel Magnolias at Beef & Boards.

I’ve got a range pass for Indy Arms I need to use, maybe do that this weekend.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    It sold. Nice rifle, but was really geared for hunters.
    I got'cha. I must admit that I looked at your ad several times. I keep thinking that I need
    a 6.5CM, but I have an accurate 30-06, so why ?
    The mouse had a creedmore for a short while .....makes me think that maybe it's a passing fancy, unless as you say, you're a hunter.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I got'cha. I must admit that I looked at your ad several times. I keep thinking that I need
    The mouse had a creedmore for a short while .....makes me think that maybe it's a passing fancy, unless as you say, you're a hunter.

It wasn’t the caliber, but the rifle that caused the sale. It didn’t have the weight either of us wanted for bench use and the cost to get it there wasn’t worth it. If it had the factory bull barrel we probably would have kept it.

Add in that I have the Savage MSR10 in 6mm Creedmoor which does all the same stuff and is a nicer rifle, the 6.5 just didn’t have much reason to hang on to it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I liked mine a lot. It was deadly accurate.
    Thing is I might actually shoot it 1 time a year. Past that it took up space and funds. So it has a new home now.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    It wasn’t the caliber, but the rifle that caused the sale. It didn’t have the weight either of us wanted for bench use and the cost to get it there wasn’t worth it. If it had the factory bull barrel we probably would have kept it.

Add in that I have the Savage MSR10 in 6mm Creedmoor which does all the same stuff and is a nicer rifle, the 6.5 just didn’t have much reason to hang on to it.

Got'cha

I liked mine a lot. It was deadly accurate.
    Thing is I might actually shoot it 1 time a year. Past that it took up space and funds. So it has a new home now.

Got'cha

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

While 30-06 is a venerable caliber that brought home freedom in WWII, the 6.5 creedmoor is a excellent round to take a factory gun, off the shelf ammo (ok - maybe the internet) and go shoot small groups with relative ease and low recoil.

Not that you can't do almost the same thing with 30-06...

Pick your preference. I have both. That was my solution. :ar15:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Fire going, house warming up. Need to keep working on the beech tree that fell over, I want all that wood up here for splitting.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Not quite the gunroom.... yet. Put some serious time in this month getting the workspace in shape. Give me some years and it'll be a saints room.
    58506d10f9701aa32653fad78dd48a35.jpg

I love the edged weapons in the corner.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Carlo's Daily Deal Alert.

Anyone looking for a pistol brace, Midway USA has the SB Tactical SBA4 for $99 with free shipping (code FREESHIP0117). These come with a mil spec receiver extension (buffer tube).

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/102082714?pid=699230
    You're killing me smalls. I just bought one of those 2 weeks ago for $115, and will likely miss out on the 507c deal you shared. I'll wait till uncle Sam's theft return for that (and an AllenM slide cut)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    These days I've found that adulting is easier and safer. I'm past the "hold my beer" part of life.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom