The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I noted that you had stated this in a previous post. Thus the purple (sarcasm) in my post.

I finally got in touch with a guy we have talked to before in the water company, and he appreciated my calling to say pressure had been restored. Living at the highest point of the system makes us the "canary in the coal mine" so to speak. Living on a high ridge has it good and bad.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I've been dancing around the house, singing "I'm on operator, an operator" ...... nah, not really, but life is too short to be serious all the time. Have some fun, gangsters ! :banana:

The ballistic panel arrived yesterday, and it fits perfectly into a slot in the Vertx backpack. It totally fills the slot, and is the side of the pack that fits directly against your back.

i-WwSJF7j-XL.jpg

With the AR pistol in it's slot, and an extra 30-round magazine in a side pocket, the pack weighs about 11 lbs, by my calculations. There's still room for lots more stuff, but for a person with a bad back .... I'm not going to load too much more in it. It even includes a loop for your sling ..... for quick access. :cool:

i-HRbpMjC-XL.jpg

I really like the concept, and for a frugal person, it was hard for me to spend over $300 (including the IIIa ballistic panel) just for the rig to carry the rife within.
    But I'm pleased with it, and hope that the laws don't change in the future ..... so I can get some use out of it.
    It's my G.O. (go out) bag, and my G.H.B. (get home bag) . My B.O.B.(bug out bag) is totally separate, and in the case of bug-out, I'd be grabbing two packs.
    It's a big responsibility to be an operator ! :D

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...The ballistic panel arrived yesterday, and it fits perfectly into a slot in the Vertx backpack. It totally fills the slot, and is the side of the pack that fits directly against your back...

Does this go in the pocket directly against the back rather than the pocket the AR pistol is in?

I realized that once the gun is removed for use you can put the pack on your chest and have the ballistic panel on the threat side if you are defending.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It's Tulammo (sp. ?). It's Russian, but non-corrosive, not reloadable (I don't reload), and reviews said that it was accurate in the shorter barrel of the M44 variant.

Nothing wrong with shooting Russian ammo in a Russian gun. If you get your hands of some bulk military stuff, be aware that some of the older stuff is corrosive. Any time I shoot the Mosins with surplus ammo, I assume it’s corrosive even though some isn’t.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom