Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It’s a quiet evening here now. I’ve put work up for a while and am enjoying a quiet house. The pup is falling asleep next to me but he’ll wake up again when I head down to the basement to start moving optics around. A pair of Hawke’s arrived today from none other than our own Carlos. The 3x8 will go on my old Marlin 25 and a 4x12 will replace the 6x24 that’s on the Tactical Innovations 10/22. That optic will move to my Ruger Scout until I can find a better long range solution or better scout scope.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    And something like a Vertx Gamut 2.0 backpack to CC it...

DiAQMj7.jpg
    Yes, O, yes !!! :bacondance:

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Thinking about building a AR Pistol. I have 1 INGO lower left so it needs to be built. Want to go with a 10.5" upper...For those who have built one I need recommendations ie. brand ect.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Why I've been curious about Tarzan's and Thor's AR pistols (with LAW folder)..... is because I'm heading in the same direction ..... probably after the World Series ..... when my master builder / collaborator will have more time ! :D

I've been assembling the parts. Mine is going to be based on a 5.56 Ballistic Advantage 7.5" barrel topped with a KAK slim flashcan, a slick-side billet upper receiver, and an M-lock handguard and *NIB BCG (*the all important heartbeat of an AR).

Here's some pics I took today. It sounds like mine might end up about an inch shorter (folded) than CM's.

i-DcV3pvC-XL.jpg

i-Gr6sq5H-XL.jpg

Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Thinking about building a AR Pistol. I have 1 INGO lower left so it needs to be built. Want to go with a 10.5" upper...For those who have built one I need recommendations ie. brand ect.
    I'm a big fan of Aero Precision and Ballistic Advantage. I'm especially fond of the Aero Atlas series handguards, both in style and the way they attach to the barrel nut (and the barrel nut itself).

Aim Surplus has an Aero upper on sale for $383 w/o BCG and CH:
    https://aimsurplus.com/aero-precision-m4e1-5-56-223-barreled-upper-w-10-5-in-atlas-s-one-handguard/

Ballistic Advantage (owned by Aero Precision) has a complete upper (w/BCG & CH) on sale (they have a 20% sale right now) for $440:
    https://www.ballisticadvantage.com/10-5-556-carbine-length-atlas-ar15-complete-upper.html

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom