• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I just have to figure out which size and whether to go with Pachmyr or Hogues. I'm a little concerned about getting them on with that aggressive stipling.

I think I'd try it without the finger grooves and see if you feel you need it.

Do you guys trust Amazon for this stuff? I do see the link you provided shows sold and shipped by another entity though, which should avoid the whole commingling of inventory, but I am distrusting anything of real consequence that is shipped by Amazon these days due to rampant counterfeiting and their commingling of inventory.

I'm not sure what the difference is just looking at specs. Too bad there isn't a range that sells optics that lets you test it out so you know what you like!

On the Vortex stuff, I'm guessing you might be able to get some time with Alan of AAOptics if you were willing to travel to him, and try out a thing or 2, if you were going to order from him. Not 100% sure of that, but it would be worth discussing if you are considering some of the higher $ Vortex lines.

Just a thought.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I can agree with this. That was my plan, then I got the call from my daughter on the way to work to a new additional job she was starting... car acting up on the way there.
    She pulled to a parking lot and I got her to work. It would not start on its own, but I could get it jumped, but would soon die once started after the jumper cables were removed and it was in a limp mode. Sounding like alternator. or other charging system issue to me.. had it towed (luckily I have AAA) to my mechanic... and so the $$$ bleeding continues with the appliance repairs, her car, and my car going in for the evaporator to the same shop tomorrow. Ugh, Monday.

And the hits keep on coming. The belt tensioner apparently needs replaced as well and so my daughter's car won't be ready until tomorrow as they needed to get that part too, and that's also going to add some additional $$$ to the total.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Do you guys trust Amazon for this stuff? I do see the link you provided shows sold and shipped by another entity though, which should avoid the whole commingling of inventory, but I am distrusting anything of real consequence that is shipped by Amazon these days due to rampant counterfeiting and their commingling of inventory.

I haven’t had an issue with the 3 Hawkes I’ve ordered from Amazon.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I think I'd try it without the finger grooves and see if you feel you need it.

On the Vortex stuff, I'm guessing you might be able to get some time with Alan of AAOptics if you were willing to travel to him, and try out a thing or 2, if you were going to order from him. Not 100% sure of that, but it would be worth discussing if you are considering some of the higher $ Vortex lines.

Just a thought.

Hmmm.... maybe I should PM Alan about it? ;)

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    You guys have done all the scope shopping for your .22 rifles, I’m now trying to figure out what to put on top of the cz452 I just picked up. The only scope I have is a cheapo one I got from academy a few years ago and the rings aren’t tall enough for the front of the scope to clear the iron sights. I’ll need something better for the rifle.

Iron sights on the rear are easy to remove, all but the ears that mount the ladder.

Makes for a better mating of scope to rifle and better fit of rifle to man.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Hmm? I’m kinda the opposite. I feel (maybe incorrectly?) that fulfilled and shipped by Amazon is less subject to misrepresentation than a third party shipper?

I feel that way on commodity stuff, but on things that are counterfeited often, I am concerned as Amazon commingles their inventory with that supplied by other vendors and items such as flashlights (surefire, etc), high end batteries, even Maglula warns about counterfeits.

If you are dealing with a known entity that uses Amazon as their store front, but doesn't use Amazon to handle their inventory you can actually be in better shape than Amazon fulfilled shipping where they just grab the next one from an inventory that Amazon does not tightly control.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/wadesh...s-on-amazon-this-holiday-season/#2126a84a7cf1

That said, I did just order a Dewey rod, some car wax and one other small item and all are fulfilled by Amazon, because I doubt any of these items are counterfeited and they are generally low cost without much impact if there is an issue, and I had a gift certificate from Bing Search rewards.

I specifically did not order my Maglula loader from them, even though it is fairly low cost item, as Maglula basically says on their site to order from partners that they supply and not from Amazon, etc.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog...les-counterfeit-uplula-loaders-bought-amazon/

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I feel that way on commodity stuff, but on things that are counterfeited often, I am concerned as Amazon commingles their inventory with that supplied by other vendors and items such as flashlights (surefire, etc), high end batteries, even Maglula warns about counterfeits.

If you are dealing with a known entity that uses Amazon as their store front, but doesn't use Amazon to handle their inventory you can actually be in better shape than Amazon fulfilled shipping where they just grab the next one from an inventory that Amazon does not tightly control.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/wadesh...s-on-amazon-this-holiday-season/#2126a84a7cf1

Huh. Learn something everyday.

Pretty soon I’ll just go back to cash and local purchasing. Except maybe gunbroker and Lafayette.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If i have ever got something bad or damaged from amazon ive never had a problem returning it. Hell ive sent back things just because I changed my mind (ill have to pay shipping in that case), but its a benefit of paying a Prime Membership. Not to mention all the great TV o get too.
    Yeah fakes may work their way in but ive never seen any and I guarentee my household orders more from Amazon than most.

The old saying usually holds true, if its too good to be true it probably is.
    If you're ordering a $300 surefire light for $100 new, then most likely you are getting a knock off.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If i have ever got something bad or damaged from amazon ive never had a problem returning it. Hell ive sent back things just because I changed my mind (ill have to pay shipping in that case), but its a benefit of paying a Prime Membership. Not to mention all the great TV o get too.
    Yeah fakes may work their way in but ive never seen any and I guarentee my household orders more from Amazon than most.

The old saying usually holds true, if its too good to be true it probably is.
    If you're ordering a $300 surefire light for $100 new, then most likely you are getting a knock off.

Yeah, but the kicker is that the seller sends the counterfeits to Amazon. Amazon just puts them in inventory with all the legit sellers on Amazon and their own inventory. Then you order from any seller that uses Amazon to fulfill and the Amazon employee or robot arm, whatever grabs one from the same shelf without regard for anything but the SKU and sends it. You may be fine, you may not be, and it has nothing to do with which seller you picked, but more that it was fulfilled by Amazon.

Again, not trying to cause a stir, but just bring a bit of awareness, especially for name brand electronics or other higher end items, or easily knocked off items. The Forbes article is just one of many out there. Search "Amazon commingle counterfeit" and you will see a lot of info on it.

Amazon has good customer service generally, but you may not even notice you got a knock off until later down the road when the item just doesn't perform well, etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom