Not open for further replies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Real estate is moving pretty good these days, so I wouldn't entertain thoughts of giving out deals just yet. That's exciting though. My wife and I like the idea of moving, but there are some things that we would like to do to our house before we try to sell.
    Yeah i dont think it will have to be done. I just dont want her to change her mind about renting it out lol. We will score big on it when it sells regardless. Ill almost quadruple what i have in it. Bought it at a foreclosure bank auction during the housing crash.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

a053fce80cd3ffa96b9185f296f95cd7.jpg

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Yeah i dont think it will have to be done. I just dont want her to change her mind about renting it out lol. We will score big on it when it sells regardless. Ill almost quadruple what i have in it. Bought it at a foreclosure bank auction during the housing crash.

I'm going to put some lipstick on my current house and then sell it. Hope to near-double my money. I got it bank owned as well, but I've put money in it...so it wont quite be double if it sells for what I hope it sells for.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm going to put some lipstick on my current house and then sell it. Hope to near-double my money. I got it bank owned as well, but I've put money in it...so it wont quite be double if it sells for what I hope it sells for.
    Yeah weve put money in too but i limited that once we settled on moving for sure about a year or alittle over ago. So ill recoupe all of that and it wont be a full quadruple of my purchase price but good enough for me.
    I think unless sellers are asking way too much, houses are selling in a few days now. Its nuts. I dont know if you had to jagee but we have been offering over asking price on houses and still not getting them.
    With this one my wife wanted it and i liked it so i said hold my beer (diet coke) and made a **** you (other bidders) offer and we got it

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Yeah weve put money in too but i limited that once we settled on moving for sure about a year or alittle over ago. So ill recoupe all of that and it wont be a full quadruple profit but good enough for me.
    I think unless sellers are asking way too much, houses are selling in a few days now. Its nuts. I dont know if you had to jagee but we have been offering over asking price on houses and still not getting them.
    With this one my wife wanted it and i liked it so i said hold my beer (diet coke) and made a **** you (other bidders) offer and we got it

We got ours under asking price...but for the neighborhood they were priced high. Then we got money off because of stuff found during the inspection. Overall, I feel like we came out ahead and got a good deal, especially in this market.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    We got ours under asking price...but for the neighborhood they were priced high. Then we got money off because of stuff found during the inspection. Overall, I feel like we came out ahead and got a good deal, especially in this market.
    Thats great man. Yeah inspections still have to be done on ours. This is early stages. I just wrote a check today

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Thats great man. Yeah inspections still have to be done on ours. This is early stages. I just wrote a check today

We close on Friday. Gonna take a week and move some stuff after work each night, then official move day is next weekend. Then release the contractor (my buddy who has done stuff for me before) on the current house to get it listed asap.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    We close on Friday. Gonna take a week and move some stuff after work each night, then official move day is next weekend. Then release the contractor (my buddy who has done stuff for me before) on the current house to get it listed asap.
    Congrats man. I cant believe the lack of houses for sale. Decent ones i mean. I dont know if people are selling by word of mouth and not even listing stuff or what but its been really slim pickins and stuff is just going up and up. We werent looking for a super fancy house, never have. We just want a modest home with more space and i I personally had to conform to my wifes wants and find something i could see myself waking up to every day and thinking it was worth it. Finally found it after more than a year of searching. Thank goodness.

Oh and screw moving. I think thats the thing that sucks the most. We are hiring movers. Ill pack up my guns and other collectibles and do that with family and friends. But i cant do much and i dont want the headache of it.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Congrats man. I cant believe the lack of houses for sale. Decent ones i mean. I dont know if people are selling by word of mouth and not even listing stuff or what but its been really slim pickins and stuff is just going up and up. We werent looking for a super fancy house, never have. We just want a modest home with more space and i I personally had to conform to my wifes wants and find something i could see myself waking up to every day and thinking it was worth it. Finally found it after more than a year of searching. Thank goodness.

Oh and screw moving. I think thats the thing that sucks the most. We are hiring movers. Ill pack up my guns and other collectibles and do that with family and friends. But i cant do much and i dont want the headache of it.

I'm moving everything myself with friends and family...but cant decide if I should hire out the gun safe. Getting it in the basement without damaging anything or anyone seems like a challenge I'm not sure I want to deal with.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom