Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I am really digging this 686 love lately - gonna have to see if one is in my price range...
    I've actually lusted for one, myself. However, when it hits me hard, I just pull out the ol' Model 27 and hold it lovingly ! :wwub:
    ..... then, the lust diminishes, but never totally goes away.

i-2bxLSDJ-XL.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I am really digging this 686 love lately - gonna have to see if one is in my price range...

1. I know where there is a 686-6, 7 round, asking $640 (I've had it in my hand dry firing it), and I know they will sell for less.
    2. I bought a $400 gun for $325 this week from them and have bought other guns for less and much less under their asking.
    Probably depends on how long they have had it on the shelf, and I've been looking at this online from them for weeks.
    3.. I was going to offer them $540 and tell them Bradis has one asking $540, but it might have just been a 6 round though (member told me about it this week and I called them.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    So...how does Friday night steel work? Do I need a holter for all my mags? If I load 4 mags that is adding extra ounces to my belt because of the mag pouches. Plus the weight of the bullets in the gun make it more ounces than when I bought it. I bought it on a Thursday, the day after Wednesday. Tuesday I had sold a different gun then went to Golden Corral for dinner and drove my convertible. I should probably get an oil change on the car, it's been over 2968 miles since the last one and if I drive all the way to MCF&G and then back home I'll be over 3000. I like to get the oil changed at exactly 3000 miles.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I've actually lusted for one, myself. However, when it hits me hard, I just pull out the ol' Model 27 and hold it lovingly ! :wwub:

i-2bxLSDJ-XL.jpg

1. That would do it! NICE!!!
    2. The Ruger GP100 .357 SS Wiley Clapp edition has kept me out of trouble with its accurate sweet D/A pull, with a couple of guns I've lusted after lately, not only a 686, but there was a Performance gun and even an 8 rounder that really kept me going back and taking another look.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Just stop thinking. Just stop.You make me crazy with this crap. everything is laid out in clear speak. You never listen. You twist it up and line it up and wast so much energy. Just listen to what is being said.

-You come in the gate.
    -You go to the clubhouse....you know, where everyone is gathering.
    -Check in where everyone is checking in. Tell them what you will shoot. Do not show them tell them. They will put you in the proper class.
    -You sit down and listen to the safety meeting. Do not waste anyone's time just listen. They will ask who is new to the game and will allow.
    -You will be assigned to a squad. Follow them and listen to the RO. He will ask for questions at a point. Be reasonable.
    -Each stage will be explained. Just listen. It aint rocket science so do not make it so.
    -Watch the 1st few shooters. If you dont gt it by then pack up and go home.

Thats it. Have 5 loaded mags. You will have minimum of possibly 6 rounds ppr string per stage. If you can not hit ":poop: you will need to reload in the string.

Thats it.

Relax and let it go........................Please.

:runaway:.............:faint:
    LMFAO!!
    doddg
    1. 5 mags is just a suggestion
    2. if you cant finish a string you get a 30 sec score
    3. and this is the BIG one!!! ONCE THE TIMER BEEPS YOUR PLAN WILL CHANGE! IRON MIKE Tyson said it best "Everybodys got plans,,until they get hit"

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

i-2bxLSDJ-XL.jpg

Nice!

I bought my Model 27 in ~1980. No intent to let it go.

My ex-FIL was the armorer for the local PD and when the department changed duty guns, my ex-wife bought his 4" 686 and gave it to me. REALLY nice trigger on that gun.

Knowing that I would will it back to her, I decided to go ahead and give it to her a couple of years ago so my daughters wouldn't have to deal with it.

I enjoyed shooting my 6" Model 27 more so it wasn't a big deal but you guys are sort of making me regret it. Stop that!!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    LMFAO!!
    doddg
    1. 5 mags is just a suggestion
    2. if you cant finish a string you get a 30 sec score
    3. and this is the BIG one!!! ONCE THE TIMER BEEPS YOUR PLAN WILL CHANGE! IRON MIKE Tyson said it best "Everybodys got plans,,until they get hit"

Sorry man I just had to.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Grabagun does tax now? That's new.

Yep... :(

1. I know where there is a 686-6, 7 round, asking $640 (I've had it in my hand dry firing it), and I know they will sell for less.
    2. I bought a $400 gun for $325 this week from them and have bought other guns for less and much less under their asking.
    Probably depends on how long they have had it on the shelf, and I've been looking at this online from them for weeks.
    3.. I was going to offer them $540 and tell them Bradis has one asking $540, but it might have just been a 6 round though (member told me about it this week and I called them.

What size barrel? Guess I should have posted here but :dunno:

i-2bxLSDJ-XL.jpg

:thumbsup:

:p

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    So...how does Friday night steel work? Do I need a holter for all my mags? If I load 4 mags that is adding extra ounces to my belt because of the mag pouches. Plus the weight of the bullets in the gun make it more ounces than when I bought it. I bought it on a Thursday, the day after Wednesday. Tuesday I had sold a different gun then went to Golden Corral for dinner and drove my convertible. I should probably get an oil change on the car, it's been over 2968 miles since the last one and if I drive all the way to MCF&G and then back home I'll be over 3000. I like to get the oil changed at exactly 3000 miles.

:soapbox::lmfao:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Picked up the large ring broom today, someone did a good job refurbishing this old soldier. 115 years old and still shooting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom