Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    THAT is saying something!

It is already at a solid price. Guessing the CZs aren't a secret anymore....

Just ordered some more mags and baseplates for my CTS - I need some quality time with it before FNS!!

My memory sucks so I don't remember if I've seen your CTS but I am interested.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    My memory sucks so I don't remember if I've seen your CTS but I am interested.

Terrible pic. It’s my favorite non-Wizard CZ.

You held it at the FGE. Losey fired a few mags - don’t remember if you did?

f595bfb12a017852db81dd54c5db2775.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Can we get Doddg a 50 round drum for his beloved,47 ounce, SAO, Shadow 2, already. Would we have to buy him 5 of them to comply with the rules?:laugh:

1. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I've weighed a lot of triggers but never a gun. :dunno:

2. I discovered I shot better with a heavier gun, which I hear is normal, but the CZ P-09 & 10 were plastic and did super in my hands, but the heavier Shadow 2 is still the winner in my eclectic hands. :lmfao:
    3. In the CZ realm, I loved the 36 oz I had, but I shot a members 41 oz and it did better in my hands, so I bought one.
    4. I guess I don't need to say what happened when gmcttr let me shoot his Shadow 2. :laugh:

I just found a page in a notebook where I was weighing triggers. The lightest was #6 which is a 75 pre-B converted to SAO. The SA trigger was 2lbs 4oz.

5. I think I would enjoy weighing the triggers on my different guns.
    6. Makes me wish I'd have bought a "gauge" to test all the guns I've had: fits right into my record-keeping addiction. :dunno:
    7. I've sold 12 guns just since the beginning of the year, trimming, trying out not keeping, but buying others: never to know their trigger weight. What loss! :laugh:
    8. I googled it to see how much they cost = $25 - $125.
    9. Perhaps someone would sell me their less expensive one they have b/c they want to buy a more expensive one now?
    10. If ordered, I would simply buy the cheaper one, and check to see if they are sold locally so I wouldn't have to order one if shipping is outrageous.
    11. I don't suppose Harbor Freight would have this sort of specialty item?

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...1. Thanks for the clarification, and I can't wait to figure out whether you should skip a target if you tried 3 times to get it but missed, or you should keep shooting till you do (for advantage in scoring)...

IMHO if you miss a target 3 times, stop for a second, realize you are flinching, mentally reset and nail it.

Here's an example of a need for more mags. The shooter has to change mags during a string a couple of times and then runs out of ammo with one plate left.

https://youtu.be/kf0M2lobiiM?t=351 (I didn't embed the video because I could not get it to start at the correct point)

I you start with a 17 round mag and fire 9 shots to get the 6 targets, it leaves you with 8 shots for the next string. Since you just used 9, would you be comfortable starting your next string with 8? I would put in a fresh mag to be sure I didn't run out and have to change mags in the middle of a string.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    IMHO if you miss a target 3 times, stop for a second, realize you are flinching, mentally reset and nail it.

Here's an example of a need for more mags. The shooter has to change mags during a string a couple of times and then runs out of ammo with one plate left.

https://youtu.be/kf0M2lobiiM?t=351 (I didn't embed the video because I could not get it to start at the correct point)

I you start with a 17 round mag and fire 9 shots to get the 6 targets, it leaves you with 8 shots for the next string. Since you just used 9, would you be comfortable starting your next string with 8? I would put in a fresh mag to be sure I didn't run out and have to change mags in the middle of a string.

The guy at 7:27 looks familiar?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Here's something you don't see every day:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/802605358

Except for the 85 roll marks, that’s what my hybrid started out as. I’ll have to dig the slide up from mine and see if they are the same profile. IIRC, mine is about a 2004 build as well. As cool as that should be, it’s been one of the most frustrating guns I’ve owned. That light slide is not friendly to just about any tuning with lighter springs. I don’t think that those were CZ’s best effort.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    This one works fine for casual needs.Lyman $69.99
    accuracy of 1/10 ounce
    Minimum Measurements 0 Pound
    Maximum Measurement 12 Pound

1. This basic one got my attention for obvious reasons, but only goes to 8# which would cover everything but my .22LR Ruger and Taurus revolvers (must be at least 12# to 18#):
    Wheeler 309888 Trigger Pull Scale
    4.4 out of 5 stars
    $23.49
    Weight range: 8 oz. To 8 lb. (2 oz. Increments)

2. Timney Triggers Tension Scale Trigger
    4.6 out of 5 stars
    Price:
    $34.99 PULL weights 8 ozto 10 lbs.
    $46.97 from 1 to 25 lbs.

3. Lyman 7832248 Electronic Digital Trigger Pull Gauge
    4.3 out of 5 stars
    Price: $48.35 & FREE Shipping.
    20x more accurate than common spring gauges
    Displays exact trigger pull weight
    Works with almost any rifle, shotgun, or handgun
    Accurate to 1/10 of an ounce over its full weighing capacity
    to 12 lbs.

4. Wheeler 710904 Professional Digital Trigger Gauge

4.5 out of 5 stars
    Price: $45.86 & FREE Shipping. Details
    0-12Lbs range

5. Choice: either:
    go cheap Wheeler 309888 ($25) and only goes to 8#
    or get the
    Timney Triggers ($47) up to 25#

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    1. I'm hopeless and know it! :ugh: :wallbash:
    2. But, I do have so much fun and enjoy myself here! Which brings me back to: I'm hopeless. :laugh: :lmfao: :rofl:

3. I do appreciate the tolerance I get from here, recognizing I'm just an overly-excited boring person! :ingo: :thumbsup:

Just stop thinking. Just stop.You make me crazy with this crap. everything is laid out in clear speak. You never listen. You twist it up and line it up and wast so much energy. Just listen to what is being said.

-You come in the gate.
    -You go to the clubhouse....you know, where everyone is gathering.
    -Check in where everyone is checking in. Tell them what you will shoot. Do not show them tell them. They will put you in the proper class.
    -You sit down and listen to the safety meeting. Do not waste anyone's time just listen. They will ask who is new to the game and will allow.
    -You will be assigned to a squad. Follow them and listen to the RO. He will ask for questions at a point. Be reasonable.
    -Each stage will be explained. Just listen. It aint rocket science so do not make it so.
    -Watch the 1st few shooters. If you dont gt it by then pack up and go home.

Thats it. Have 5 loaded mags. You will have minimum of possibly 6 rounds ppr string per stage. If you can not hit ":poop: you will need to reload in the string.

Thats it.

Relax and let it go........................Please.

:runaway:.............:faint:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. I can see that happening. :)
    2. What? Me flinch!!?? That would explain some of my "outliers" called "fliers" in gun talk. :laugh:

3. Oh, the agony! :ugh:
    4. I would be so mad at myself! :wallbash:

I you start with a 17 round mag and fire 9 shots to get the 6 targets, it leaves you with 8 shots for the next string.
    Since you just used 9, would you be comfortable starting your next string with 8?

5. Absolutely NOT!

I would put in a fresh mag to be sure I didn't run out and have to change mags in the middle of a string.

6. Again: absolutely!
    7. Oh, I get that for sure, but since they only do 3 strings at once, I would hope that having 17 rounds per string would be enough, but maybe I'll have to learn the hard way and be force in humiliation to buy 2 more mags for my Shadow 2. :laugh:
    8. But, I have been told to just use my Bersa Pro XT since it comes with 5 mags anyway, and the lighter SAO trigger I put on the CZ might come back to bite me in the butt under stress.
    9. If I did that, would I be allowed to pull the hammer back for a 1st shot, or would that be a waste of time and just go ahead and shoot the D/A 1st pull?
    10. My instinct says to pull the hammer back for the first shot b/c the D/A 1st pull isn't as kind as the S/A accuracy.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Czech Republic Prime Minister just met with President Trump and gave him this. It's a special edition of the CZ75, made to celebrate 100th anniversary of their country with "Truth Wins" insignia.

D1IkQsSWkAEMpzk.png:small

D1IkZD4WkAEfOYP.jpg:small

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom