Not open for further replies.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The current feeling toward the 41 is “meh”. We’ll see if that changes when the rear sight arrives.
    It has a slickest action I’ve ever felt. It’s like glass. May be my favorite part about it currently. Otherwise, I have to change my natural grip to keep my thumb off the slide so it extracts. The accuracy only shines when running expensive 22s. The trigger is clean and crisp, for a factory job.
    For the average shooter, I’d still recommend a tuned Ruger and I prefer both of mine to the 41 currently. As I said above, it could all change when the rear sight arrives and I don’t have to use the scope on it anymore.

1. Wow! What great insight for me: when you speak I listen b/c of our time at the range (more than even gmcttr, but I listen to him, as well)!
    2. Cannot believe your input about the preference for a tuned Ruger. I wonder if that is the best kept secret or what? But, not the first time I've heard that.
    Someone at the range was telling me about his Mark 4 that had been treated with volquartsen parts and said it was unreal.
    3. Will look forward to shooting it, which I'd like to do before you ruin it with expensive sights. :laugh: Well, maybe that only applies to scopes b/c I do love sights that I can actually see with my aging eyes. :dunno:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Looking forward to some time with the Shadow 2 and the Rami while on vacation.
    Been too busy testing out the .22LRs, especially since I'm trying to decide which to sell of the duplicates (Mark 4 and S/W 22A-1), but I vacillate between which to trim every time I go to the range.
    The ones I want to keep are not shooting as accurate as the ones I want to sell, but there is very little difference between them anyway.
    I even thought of selling one of the S/W 22A-1 with it being a choice of whatever one they wanted they are so similar (I like the one with the HUGE handle).

I bought an extra box of 9mm for the CZs, b/c I have to hold some 9mm in reserve for the "Unthinkable" training in November in Columbus that I'm looking forward to.
    I didn't know I was planning on retiring when I scheduled it, or I would not have done so, even thought about seeing if I could give up my spot, and get a refund, but decided it was just too good to pass up: my retirement present to myself. :laugh:

Yes, still at Ziebart on E Washington and will be for awhile: feel free to come by and talk. ;)

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    That's a pretty good price! Fast, and I didn't have to talk about any medical history, this is perfect! Do you accept Trigger Time autographs for payment?

OF COURSE!!!! But not on 45 GAP ammo.

Good morning Doctor.
    I'm feeling kinda down this morning.
    Do you think some range time would help cure this?

Yes. Work till Noon. Eat at Chipotle for lunch. Claim food poisoning. Leave work early but be sure to be home for Mrs. T-dogg.

Repeat, as needed.

$150, cash or TT autographs trades.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    1. Wow! What great insight for me: when you speak I listen b/c of our time at the range (more than even gmcttr, but I listen to him, as well)!
    2. Cannot believe your input about the preference for a tuned Ruger. I wonder if that is the best kept secret or what? But, not the first time I've heard that.
    Someone at the range was telling me about his Mark 4 that had been treated with volquartsen parts and said it was unreal.
    3. Will look forward to shooting it, which I'd like to do before you ruin it with expensive sights. :laugh: Well, maybe that only applies to scopes b/c I do love sights that I can actually see with my aging eyes. :dunno:

Don’t get me wrong here, the 41 can be incredibly accurate. Noticeably more so than the Rugers when fed with the right ammo. I’m just not willing to feed it a constant supply of match ammo.

The sight won’t ruin it. It’s a factory rear sight to replace my missing one.

At the end of the day, the 41 is primarily a competition gun and it wants to be fed as such. Feed it what it wants and it will exceed expectations.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...Otherwise, I have to change my natural grip to keep my thumb off the slide so it extracts...

IF the thumb you speak of is on your support hand...there's your problem. The 41 came from a day and age when Bullseye Matches where shot one handed and was one of the few games in town.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Don’t get me wrong here, the 41 can be incredibly accurate. Noticeably more so than the Rugers when fed with the right ammo. I’m just not willing to feed it a constant supply of match ammo.
    The sight won’t ruin it. It’s a factory rear sight to replace my missing one.
    At the end of the day, the 41 is primarily a competition gun and it wants to be fed as such. Feed it what it wants and it will exceed expectations.

1. Exactly the type of feedback I needed.:thumbsup:
    2. I don't need a competition .22LR gun which requires ammo at 9mm prices, not when I love my mostly $300 - $400 pistols so much.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    IF the thumb you speak of is on your support hand...there's your problem. The 41 came from a day and age when Bullseye Matches where shot one handed and was one of the few games in town.

In it’s current configuration, it’s too unbalanced for me to be comfortable trying one handed. I’ll give it another try when the rear sight arrives and the scope and rail can come off.

Edit: I’m blaming autocorrect for the screwy sentence that existed.

Last edited:

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Trigger Time, we need to set up a time in the near future to meet up in Greenwood. I'd like to try your P-01. I'll bring my Phantom. I think MM would like to join too. I know that that P-01 is your favorite CZ and they are very nice looking too!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Trigger Time, we need to set up a time in the near future to meet up in Greenwood. I'd like to try your P-01. I'll bring my Phantom. I think MM would like to join too. I know that that P-01 is your favorite CZ and they are very nice looking too!

If my back gets in shape, count me in ! :yesway:

Speaking of TT .... I think that he's in mourning after last night's game. Come Back, amigo ..... the Fat Lady hasn't sung yet !

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If my back gets in shape, count me in ! :yesway:

Speaking of TT .... I think that he's in mourning after last night's game. Come Back, amigo ..... the Fat Lady hasn't sung yet !
    Ha, mourning yeah but more angry. They're better than that. They're better than what they've played this whole series even the game they won. They need to get it figured out tonight or Boston is gonna figure it out for them.
    I feel like I have a cold or somethjng. Just weak today more than normal

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I've just been huddled in my down comforter ordering game used Yankees items from the days of world series championships. I mean 2009 wasnt that long ago.
    If they get rid of aaron Boone as manager they may have a shot next year. I think the Astros will just tear him apart this year If they got that far

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Ha, mourning yeah but more angry. They're better than that. They're better than what they've played this whole series even the game they won. They need to get it figured out tonight or Boston is gonna figure it out for them.
    I feel like I have a cold or somethjng. Just weak today more than normal

Fight it off, TT ! Stay strong. My ginseng tea might help ya. Pop over if you feel up to it. It's only 14 minutes away. Just send me a text if you can come !

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom