The CZickness XLVI...What's next my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning folks

Working on the first cup of coffee.

Progress on the Pontiac took a few steps back yesterday:

1) I realized I forgot to order a Harmonic Balancer and front crankshaft seal. Someone at some point tried to remove the balancer incorrectly and bent the ever-living crap out of the outside of the pulley, the portion by where the belt rides. This style balancer has 3 ears on the inside that use a specific puller, so using the right tool for the job would have helped them.

2) I also realized I forgot to inspect motor and transmission mounts. I found a broken rear transmission mount, a worn-out front transmission mount and worn-out passenger side motor mount, along with a worn-out engine torque damper (looks like a small shock) that's currently allowing the engine to rotate significantly. Noticed an issue while accelerating "enthusiastically" from a stop the other night, that's when I remembered I needed to inspect these mounts.

3) I discovered that the carpet insulation was a really good sponge and was holding a ton of water underneath (from the leaking sunroof drain tubes). The carpet up top was bone dry, but now I have carpet pulled up everywhere that I could without removing seats and such. Thankfully GM did a good job on the floor pans, as they are well covered to prevent rust. So, it looks like I'll be airing out the car for a few days.

Another $215 later, the repairs shall continue....

And I'm discovering that not only my body is telling me 40 is coming, but so is my mind, becoming very forgetful lately. :ugh:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Morning folks!

I'm sitting out front with the dog, sipping the 2nd cup of coffee. Nice soft morning after last evening's rain
    Water dripping off the trees and foggy at home. Had a house(Carolina) wren in the chipmunk trap to let out. No ass pandas this morning for a change and I let a possum walk yesterday.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Morning folks

Working on the first cup of coffee.

Progress on the Pontiac took a few steps back yesterday:

1) I realized I forgot to order a Harmonic Balancer and front crankshaft seal. Someone at some point tried to remove the balancer incorrectly and bent the ever-living crap out of the outside of the pulley, the portion by where the belt rides. This style balancer has 3 ears on the inside that use a specific puller, so using the right tool for the job would have helped them.

2) I also realized I forgot to inspect motor and transmission mounts. I found a broken rear transmission mount, a worn-out front transmission mount and worn-out passenger side motor mount, along with a worn-out engine torque damper (looks like a small shock) that's currently allowing the engine to rotate significantly. Noticed an issue while accelerating "enthusiastically" from a stop the other night, that's when I remembered I needed to inspect these mounts.

3) I discovered that the carpet insulation was a really good sponge and was holding a ton of water underneath (from the leaking sunroof drain tubes). The carpet up top was bone dry, but now I have carpet pulled up everywhere that I could without removing seats and such. Thankfully GM did a good job on the floor pans, as they are well covered to prevent rust. So, it looks like I'll be airing out the car for a few days.

Another $215 later, the repairs shall continue....

And I'm discovering that not only my body is telling me 40 is coming, but so is my mind, becoming very forgetful lately. :ugh:
    That thing will be like a new one when you're done, Carlos

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    That thing will be like a new one when you're done, Carlos
    When I'm done it will be easier to make a list of things I haven't replaced. Thankfully, parts have been easy to acquire and relatively inexpensive individually. My Rock Auto magnet collection is filling a nice spot on my toolbox.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    When I'm done it will be easier to make a list of things I haven't replaced. Thankfully, parts have been easy to acquire and relatively inexpensive individually. My Rock Auto magnet collection is filling a nice spot on my toolbox.

One of the things that I loved about my F150 after years of working on BMWs was the low cost and easy availability of parts. Belt tensioner making noise? The local parts stores had three different brands in stock at about $8 each for the F150 vs online order for about $40 for the bimmers. Now, you could argue that the F150 ate 3 of them to each one of the BMWs, but when it did, they were easy on the wallet to source

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It's part of a larger city park, just off Main St..

IMG_5989%20copy-XL.jpg

IMG_5982%20copy-L.jpg

I slipped into this photo !

rose%20garden%2C%20Shelly%20and%20I-L.jpg

Cute daughter MM, the gardener made a note to visit that park next time we are that way. My oldest son's godfather lives in Lynn, a small town just north of there.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    One of the things that I loved about my F150 after years of working on BMWs was the low cost and easy availability of parts. Belt tensioner making noise? The local parts stores had three different brands in stock at about $8 each for the F150 vs online order for about $40 for the bimmers. Now, you could argue that the F150 ate 3 of them to each one of the BMWs, but when it did, they were easy on the wallet to source
    I have a new belt and tensioner sitting on the workbench. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom