Not open for further replies.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Get a Merit device and stick it to your specs..

So I am cheap and was not certain how this would work especially for $75 but found this at 1/3 the price and thought what the heck.

Range trip this afternoon and was hitting 6” plates at 25 yrds much better than I ever had especially with the SP-01 but even with the PCR in its new wood CM grips

65193E8C-9651-476C-9D00-4CB4F2FA7D3A.jpegEDB1ABCB-E481-48D2-B1AC-404BC43067B4.jpeg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I thought i'd take some time and do an update. I've been out here in SD for just over 2 months now. I took an academic position out here that had great pay and benefits far and above what IU would have ever done. It's a pretty interesting place, not as flat as I had expected but actually very rolling terrain. I work out of Brookings but spend one day in Sioux Falls teaching, they are about 50 miles apart but the speed limit is 80mph so you can make it in pretty short order and they offer motor pool vehicles as well! Sioux Falls is a decent sized city with anything you would need shopping/entertainment wise. I'm on the far eastern part of the state not far from the MN border but I need to check out west, the Badlands, Deadwood, Rushmore etc.

It took me about a day to scope out all the gun shops lol. In Brookings we have a nice LGS right on main street, i've already had two guns shipped there. On one side of town there's a trap range and on the north east side there's a nice rifle and pistol club I should be able to stretch out the Bergara finally. As far as Sioux Falls they have a some nice LGS's and a place called Scheels. Scheels is awesome the first floor is pretty much clothing and sports gear and the second floor is basically a Cabela's, they have a good selection of used guns too, prices are surprising for a box store. Gun laws are good out here as far as I can tell. Their 'permit' system is basically three tiers. They have constitutional carry if that's good enough for you, then you can get a 'Gold' card which is basically like our permit, no training required (NICS check exempt) and good in 32 states. Then you can get an 'enhanced' card which requires training and is good for 37 states. Each version is good for five years and about 100-150.00 respectively however there is a Senate bill right now to reduce that to 0.00.

There's also an interesting bill to redefine 'loaded' as just not a round in the chamber, and a bill to further clarify the burden of proof for stand your ground laws. The housing market here like everyplace else is crazy. Getting a house built out here is different than what is often the case in IN. Instead of one builder owning the neighborhood and giving you the choice of several home designs realtors seem to own the properties and you use your own custom builder.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I thought i'd take some time and do an update. I've been out here in SD for just over 2 months now. I took an academic position out here that had great pay and benefits far and above what IU would have ever done. It's a pretty interesting place, not as flat as I had expected but actually very rolling terrain. I work out of Brookings but spend one day in Sioux Falls teaching, they are about 50 miles apart but the speed limit is 80mph so you can make it in pretty short order and they offer motor pool vehicles as well! Sioux Falls is a decent sized city with anything you would need shopping/entertainment wise. I'm on the far eastern part of the state not far from the MN border but I need to check out west, the Badlands, Deadwood, Rushmore etc.

It took me about a day to scope out all the gun shops lol. In Brookings we have a nice LGS right on main street, i've already had two guns shipped there. On one side of town there's a trap range and on the north east side there's a nice rifle and pistol club I should be able to stretch out the Bergara finally. As far as Sioux Falls they have a some nice LGS's and a place called Scheels. Scheels is awesome the first floor is pretty much clothing and sports gear and the second floor is basically a Cabela's, they have a good selection of used guns too, prices are surprising for a box store. Gun laws are good out here as far as I can tell. Their 'permit' system is basically three tiers. They have constitutional carry if that's good enough for you, then you can get a 'Gold' card which is basically like our permit, no training required (NICS check exempt) and good in 32 states. Then you can get an 'enhanced' card which requires training and is good for 37 states. Each version is good for five years and about 100-150.00 respectively however there is a Senate bill right now to reduce that to 0.00.

There's also an interesting bill to redefine 'loaded' as just not a round in the chamber, and a bill to further clarify the burden of proof for stand your ground laws. The housing market here like everyplace else is crazy. Getting a house built out here is different than what is often the case in IN. Instead of one builder owning the neighborhood and giving you the choice of several home designs realtors seem to own the properties and you use your own custom builder.
    Let me know when you get the permission to help control the prairie dog population.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Let me know when you get the permission to help control the prairie dog population.
    That's true, I was talking to a colleague and her young son took one out the other day on their property, I forgot about Prairie dogs. I've seen quite a few deer off in the fields, not sure how they even survive here as it does get ridiculously cold.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    So I am cheap and was not certain how this would work especially for $75 but found this at 1/3 the price and thought what the heck.

Range trip this afternoon and was hitting 6” plates at 25 yrds much better than I ever had especially with the SP-01 but even with the PCR in its new wood CM grips

View attachment 187176View attachment 187175
    Cheap would be a piece of black tape with a hole poked in it.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    That's true, I was talking to a colleague and her young son took one out the other day on their property, I forgot about Prairie dogs. I've seen quite a few deer off in the fields, not sure how they even survive here as it does get ridiculously cold.
    They'll tend to have more body mass than deer further south. Deer (Whitetails) up in Saskatchewan are monsters.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom