Not open for further replies.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Red banding all the AK mags with #1. This classifies as artsy fartsy, right?
    a01cae663f3c936afe4788f1ac15903d.jpg
    This most definitely counts as artsy fartsy ... I'm a bit jelly of the snacks provided as part of this project!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    The SKS (Russian: Самозарядный карабин системы Симонова, romanized: Samozaryadny Karabin sistemy Simonova, 1945, Self-loading Carbine of (the) Simonov system, 1945) is a semi-automatic carbine chambered for the 7.62×39mm round, designed in 1943 by Sergei Gavrilovich Simonov.

SKS carbines and their derivatives were also manufactured under license in the People’s Republic of China, as well as a number of countries allied with the Eastern Bloc. The SKS was exported in vast quantities and found favour with insurgent forces around the world as a light, handy weapon which was adequate for guerrilla warfare despite its conventional limitations. Beginning in the 1980s, a number were also sold on the civilian market in North America, where they remain popular as hunting and sporting rifles.

Credit above info: Wikipedia

Started running out of window light, and my 2nd LED light panel needed charging, so this is just the start of my setup.
    Tomorrow, I'll continue !

My new love ! :rockwoot: (thanks to my benefactor --- you know who you are)
    NUMBERS MATCHING !

i-7ZbNWps-XL.jpg

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    So I finally got around to some pictures of a "real" CZ to show off. :)
    A while back, the question was raised if this group had possessed all the various models, and I said I'd post one that nobody had.

So I'm cheating a bit, as this one is not in current production, is not a pistol, and is not technically a CZ, but a Brno. Either way, it was one of my first Czech firearms, and one of my first centerfire rifles (only because it was all I could afford).

In the venerable .222 Remington, it's the rifle that I've made my longest varmint shot with - 284 lazered yards. I was off a couple inches, and it merely grazed the varmint's neck in the back and put a furough where it travelled, without a drop of blood. The shock, I guess, bulged it's eyeballs out and scrambled it's brains, and he was DRT.

Anyhow, here it is in all it's glory - not particularly high quality, but very heavy duty. My two are nicely polished, and there's others I've seen with more a parkerized finish. Trigger is atrocious.

IMG_2112_LI.jpg

IMG_2110a.jpg

IMG_2107a.jpg

IMG_2117a.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    n the venerable .222 Remington, it's the rifle that I've made my longest varmint shot with - 284 lazered yards. I was off a couple inches, and it merely grazed the varmint's neck in the back and put a furough where it travelled, without a drop of blood. The shock, I guess, bulged it's eyeballs out and scrambled it's brains, and he was DRT.

Haha .... great story ! And, nice photos of your rifles. Good looking !

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    So I finally got around to some pictures of a "real" CZ to show off. :)
    A while back, the question was raised if this group had possessed all the various models, and I said I'd post one that nobody had.

So I'm cheating a bit, as this one is not in current production, is not a pistol, and is not technically a CZ, but a Brno. Either way, it was one of my first Czech firearms, and one of my first centerfire rifles (only because it was all I could afford).

In the venerable .222 Remington, it's the rifle that I've made my longest varmint shot with - 284 lazered yards. I was off a couple inches, and it merely grazed the varmint's neck in the back and put a furough where it travelled, without a drop of blood. The shock, I guess, bulged it's eyeballs out and scrambled it's brains, and he was DRT.

Anyhow, here it is in all it's glory - not particularly high quality, but very heavy duty. My two are nicely polished, and there's others I've seen with more a parkerized finish. Trigger is atrocious.

View attachment 174127

View attachment 174128

View attachment 174129

View attachment 174130

Those are FANTASTIC!!!

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven

Started running out of window light, and my 2nd LED light panel needed charging, so this is just the start of my setup.

NUMBERS MATCHING !

i-7ZbNWps-XL.jpg

Handy dandy for the fellow lover of Comm's.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Thanks, RR .... I'm already more knowledgeable. :bow:
    I appear to now be the custodian of a "26 inside the triangle" model (which translates to 56). It evidently was built in the Jianshe factory in China.

It's a beaut .... that I know. Continued photos tomorrow !

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Niece's husband didn't make it, 44 is way too young. He was a great outdoors man, hunting and fishing I think is all he did for recreation. We would always talk about how the various seasons were going when the family got together during holidays, although I don't fish. Leaves two grown kids and a wife behind, she is also in the hospital with covid. Went in two days after him.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Niece's husband didn't make it, 44 is way too young. He was a great outdoors man, hunting and fishing I think is all he did for recreation. We would always talk about how the various seasons were going when the family got together during holidays, although I don't fish. Leaves two grown kids and a wife behind, she is also in the hospital with covid. Went in two days after him.

Oh damn, LE .... I'm so sorry to hear that. That's just terrible.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus

NUMBERS MATCHING !

i-7ZbNWps-XL.jpg
    Excellent.:yesway:

You've been wanting one for a while, glad you got one. :smileak: (I know that's an AK emoji but it's close!!:))

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Prayers for niece and family outgoing.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    So sorry to hear that. :(

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Sincerest condolences LE, prayers for your niece.
    Yes 44 is way too young

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom