• Status
    Not open for further replies.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Man, a 648 grain .50 BMG bullet sure does put things into perspective. The other bullet is a 55 grain from a .223 Rem.

View attachment 179704
    M2 and MK19 range day is always fun, I usually always chose to work the M2. The basic trainees get to do some familiarization, sometimes we had them mounted but most often they were just on the ground on tripods. You have to stop quite often and pull them up out of the dirt as they tend to dig themselves in under recoil.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    On tonight's episode of Dr. Skinflint, I walk you through how to convert a standard auto powder die into a manual powder die for a Dillon 550 press.

1) Be a cheap ass. You decided you were tired of swapping your manual powder die from your 223 toolhead over to your 308 toolhead, and also that spending an extra $27 because of this was just too much.

2) Have extra parts from a Dillon auto powder measure system that you aren't using, and that really bothers you.

3) Get the calipers out and start measuring random things around the house that might help connect a black plastic funnel to a powder die that the funnel does not currently fit.

4) Find a 50 BMG bottle opener. Pull the 648gr bullet out of it. Cut the case to length with a tubing cutter. Deburr, chamfer, then polish the inside and outside. Insert the metal 308 powder funnel down into the die. Now tap the 50 BMG case down into the die.

5) Find a rubber cap in your organizer container that contains random plastic and rubber cap thingies of all colors and sizes. Cut the end of the cap off to convert it into a custom one-off rubber connector sleeve. Install the newly made rubber sleeve onto the die, then insert the black plastic funnel.

6) Verify operation and that no powder gets stuck in the die.

7) Pat yourself on the back and go make yourself a drink, you deserve it buddy. All of your friends are going to envy you for your craftiness.

View attachment 179700

View attachment 179701
    But now you need to buy a new bottle opener!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, because of that my final check was huge, however the med school is cheap and I was offered a better position almost double the salary.
    That is always the way. You ask for a raise commensurate with your profitable work ethic and bringing new customers to the business and they offer 3% or say they are not in a good position to give you an increase.
    To me that's the sign over the door lighting up. It says exit. I make a few calls to my customer base and a couple to new employer prospects and a day or 2 later I am unloading my tools and gear from the company truck. CKW follows me in to the shop so I can turn in my paperwork and truck keys. No, I do not give notice.
    The service manager gets all big eyed when I tell him I am done like he does not understand. Especially when near a million a year in customer base that came with me is now leaving the same way. Thats when he says take a seat and let's work this out. The money offers start about then and as I am clearing the door telling them way too little way too late.
    They make it near impossible to be loyal.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    M2 and MK19 range day is always fun, I usually always chose to work the M2. The basic trainees get to do some familiarization, sometimes we had them mounted but most often they were just on the ground on tripods. You have to stop quite often and pull them up out of the dirt as they tend to dig themselves in under recoil.
    I was the Co. Armorer in Wildflecken. Been quite a while since I had to set headspace and timing on a MA Deuce.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I was the Co. Armorer in Wildflecken. Been quite a while since I had to set headspace and timing on a MA Deuce.
    Me too! When the trainees go to the range the range cadre give them classes and get everything set up. We just have to be on the line and load them and keep the trainees cycling through and then burn up whatever's left.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Received a new Arken EP5 5-25x56 scope today, ordered 12/29. Working on getting it compared to my other scopes and figuring out what rifle it's going on. This is interfering with bullet research I was doing. It's a hard life I tell ya.
    was that Fed-Ex again, Spicy???? Heck the post office didn't even deliver mail today......wasn't there something about "thru rain, heat, sleet, and snow the US Mail is always true!!!!....." guess there's a 12" snow rule in there.......damn fine print

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom