68bfde1b389637b8c4762a6c97b7942a.jpg

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    7 years was the longest I stayed with an employer, but then I got laid off. In my field, staying with one company too long is actually detrimental to the career. Have to go where the responsibilities and money improve, which more often than not means moving employers. It's a PITA, especially when PTO and things like that are constantly reset.
    True, the only way you'll really make more money is either changing positions within a big company/organization or moving, otherwise once you're hired you're just stuck with the 2-3% raises per year if you're lucky. I hear you about the PTO, one month on the new job and everything is reset for me, when I left IU I cashed out 45 days of vacation lol.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Back in from the 3rd total and hopefully last driveway plow. Tractor is doing great! Did the sidewalks the length of the street again. I had fun. Hopefully didn’t upset anyone. In for the night, it’s pretty light out there now. Can’t see it adding up to much from here.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Back in from the 3rd total and hopefully last driveway plow. Tractor is doing great! Did the sidewalks the length of the street again. I had fun. Hopefully didn’t upset anyone. In for the night, it’s pretty light out there now. Can’t see it adding up to much from here.
    I'm done for the night as well. I see a relaxing drink in my future tonight! 2 is 1 and 1 is none, right?

chadm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    Indy West Side
    True, the only way you'll really make more money is either changing positions within a big company/organization or moving, otherwise once you're hired you're just stuck with the 2-3% raises per year if you're lucky. I hear you about the PTO, one month on the new job and everything is reset for me, when I left IU I cashed out 45 days of vacation lol.
    I cashed out about that many days when I left too. It was like getting a hiring bonus at the new job.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Received a new Arken EP5 5-25x56 scope today, ordered 12/29. Working on getting it compared to my other scopes and figuring out what rifle it's going on. This is interfering with bullet research I was doing. It's a hard life I tell ya.
    You should mount it on a rifle that already has a scope. Mount them side by side. One for each eye. You’ll be Revolutionary.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    On tonight's episode of Dr. Skinflint, I walk you through how to convert a standard auto powder die into a manual powder die for a Dillon 550 press.

1) Be a cheap ass. You decided you were tired of swapping your manual powder die from your 223 toolhead over to your 308 toolhead, and also that spending an extra $27 because of this was just too much.

2) Have extra parts from a Dillon auto powder measure system that you aren't using, and that really bothers you.

3) Get the calipers out and start measuring random things around the house that might help connect a black plastic funnel to a powder die that the funnel does not currently fit.

4) Find a 50 BMG bottle opener. Pull the 648gr bullet out of it. Cut the case to length with a tubing cutter. Deburr, chamfer, then polish the inside and outside. Insert the metal 308 powder funnel down into the die. Now tap the 50 BMG case down into the die.

5) Find a rubber cap in your organizer container that contains random plastic and rubber cap thingies of all colors and sizes. Cut the end of the cap off to convert it into a custom one-off rubber connector sleeve. Install the newly made rubber sleeve onto the die, then insert the black plastic funnel.

6) Verify operation and that no powder gets stuck in the die.

7) Pat yourself on the back and go make yourself a drink, you deserve it buddy. All of your friends are going to envy you for your craftiness.

20220203_202045.jpg

20220203_202002.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Received a new Arken EP5 5-25x56 scope today, ordered 12/29. Working on getting it compared to my other scopes and figuring out what rifle it's going on. This is interfering with bullet research I was doing. It's a hard life I tell ya.

I'll be interested to hear your report on the Arken, Spicy.

It's from an unlikely source, but what's your quick, down&dirty opinion on this scope.
    I'm thinking about going to the Greenwood store (when I can dig us out of the snow !), and checking this out !
    Link: https://www.sportsmans.com/hunting-...e+Scope&utm_campaign=2-3-22-+CustApp+Gun+Sale

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom