The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...According to leading shrinks, by the time children are 10 years old, the vast majority of their influences come from their friends. ...a parent better hope that they've taught their children the important things by then, because from then on, a parent's influence will be minimal. Even then, it's a crap shoot...
    Finally up and moving today. Found this a few pages back and thought of the poster on my now retired doctor's wall...

“These are the things I learned (in Kindergarten):

1. Share everything.
    2. Play fair.
    3. Don't hit people.
    4. Put things back where you found them.
    5. CLEAN UP YOUR OWN MESS.
    6. Don't take things that aren't yours.
    7. Say you're SORRY when you HURT somebody.
    8. Wash your hands before you eat.
    9. Flush.
    10. Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
    11. Live a balanced life - learn some and drink some and draw some and paint some and sing and dance and play and work everyday some.
    12. Take a nap every afternoon.
    13. When you go out into the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands, and stick together.
    14. Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the Styrofoam cup: The roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.
    15. Goldfish and hamster and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup - they all die. So do we.
    16. And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned - the biggest word of all - LOOK.”
    ― Robert Fulghum, All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Good Morning, EVERYONE.!!

I've had a rib outta place for running on 2 weeks now.

Gonna hit Columbus Chiro tomorrow and pop that sucka back into place.!!

It has be beaten down but I'm gonna win.

Hope your day is a terrific one.!!
    I've had my share of Chiro visits lately. It's amazing the difference a good crack and pop can do for ya.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I know a couple of guys who are alcoholics.
    One hasn't had a drink in nearly 25 years, the other who sometimes falls off the wagon over the last 30 years.
    BOTH of these guys would go on binges where they'd sit home drunk for weeks at a time before coming up for air.
    They weren't mean drunks, just self destructive.

On the flip side, I have a stepdaughter who's still in denial that she shouldn't drink.
    She's also a mean drunk and usually becomes nasty when she's drinking.
    We wish she'd get help, but there's no talking to her.

I would add that I've done my share of drinking in my life, and have never understood why somebody drinks so they can get p*ssed off and be nasty to people.
    My late father in law used to always say when people drink they're either "lovers" or "fighters".

Yup, it definitely effects people in different ways.
    Thanks for sharing, and good luck with your stepdaughter ! :thumbsup:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Both of my grandfathers were alcoholics. While I do enjoy a drink now and then I don't drink excessively. One of my favorites to enjoy is a sipping whiskey.
    Morning all!
    Ben, I'm going to send you a 'message' later. Right now, I'm feeling a bit unwell again, but I want to share something privately with you later.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Finally up and moving today. Found this a few pages back and thought of the poster on my now retired doctor's wall...

“These are the things I learned (in Kindergarten):

1. Share everything.
    2. Play fair.
    3. Don't hit people.
    4. Put things back where you found them.
    5. CLEAN UP YOUR OWN MESS.
    6. Don't take things that aren't yours.
    7. Say you're SORRY when you HURT somebody.
    8. Wash your hands before you eat.
    9. Flush.
    10. Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
    11. Live a balanced life - learn some and drink some and draw some and paint some and sing and dance and play and work everyday some.
    12. Take a nap every afternoon.
    13. When you go out into the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands, and stick together.
    14. Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the Styrofoam cup: The roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.
    15. Goldfish and hamster and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup - they all die. So do we.
    16. And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned - the biggest word of all - LOOK.”
    ― Robert Fulghum, All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten

How true, my friend ! :)

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    In more patriotic news, my child doesn't sell art to communist scum like this Brandon character. She'll start the bidding at 2 Christmas cookies, which are equally addictive as crack.

408d01071fef15d794602c83fbf95c17.jpg

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I decided to head back down to HHRP today to test accuracy of different loads in my Sig AR10. It was beautiful and quiet down there. The quiet part came from me forgetting to toss the ammo can containing the test loads in the back of the truck. I did have one mag of Norma 150g in the bag, so I did quick mag dump, packed it all back up and enjoyed a nice drive home

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom