The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    When loading for accuracy, I like to use a single stage press. When loading for bulk, the Dillon is king of my setups.
    What kind of single stage press are you using? I was close to buying a RCBS Rebel, but since I'm only going to use it for decapping, I wanted the speed and shorter stroke of the Lyman Brass Smith Ideal.

R.49e6b766459c02dd2e14a8f952131571

I've been watching and reading a ton of product info from Ultimate Reloader. I really like this 14 press shootout he did.

https://ultimatereloader.com/2019/04/08/fourteen-reloading-presses-compared-single-stage-shootout/

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I've always been out in the open, J., and have no problems telling people that I'm a recovering alcoholic....because the truth is that "once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic."
    Saying that, it's also important to know that I haven't touched a drop in (15) years.
    As clinical professionals will tell you, when you're an alcoholic, you're either "active", or "recovering".
    People who claim to be "functional " alcoholics are only deluding themselves, as there isn't such a thing.

I freely talk about it, in hopes that someone who might be suffering from the disease would feel comfortable talking to me, if they wished. :)
    I'm glad you have a success story.:yesway:

I've probably only tasted alcohol s couple times. Never had an actual beverage, just wasn't my thing. I can put away a good Big Red in a glass bottle. :)

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    In my day I could put it away with the best of them. No one partied any harder than I did. Yet I seldom missed work over it (a few times as no one is bulletproof) and suffered some intense hangovers. But I went to work.
    Never drank at work either. Way to much could go wrong.
    Thing is, I decided to stop the hard stuff when it became painful. Just pushed it away and drank beer. Then that became a burden when my A1C numbers got scary. Just pushed it away.
    MM you made a choice and stood by it.

Yup !

Yes sir. Agreed.

Thanks !

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Morning folks

Range day. Further testing of reloads in the Howa 223. Initial testing of reloads in the Howa 308.

And I ordered a 2nd Lyman powder measure and Lyman single stage press from Midway yesterday. Already making some changes on the bench setup. Adding and moving a few things around for optimized performance.
    Dress warm. Shivering isn't likely to improve groups.;)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well, looks like I officially will not get my Norma ammo. They'll be refunding me due to the incompetence of FedEx... :(

Sad, but I was actually buying it to resell to Monica's son Michael and a couple friends who were going to split the case. I won't be any money out, but they'll have to look for a deal on ammo.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    What kind of single stage press are you using? I was close to buying a RCBS Rebel, but since I'm only going to use it for decapping, I wanted the speed and shorter stroke of the Lyman Brass Smith Ideal.

R.49e6b766459c02dd2e14a8f952131571

I've been watching and reading a ton of product info from Ultimate Reloader. I really like this 14 press shootout he did.

https://ultimatereloader.com/2019/04/08/fourteen-reloading-presses-compared-single-stage-shootout/
    I have an older Lyman that's worked fine for the last decade.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Got a new mold in for 45 Colt, the Uberti 1873 my son uses does not like the cast bullets I feed my 45 Colt stuff, they are too long. My only 45 Colt lever gun is an older NHRC Big Boy, the 1873s are all in the original Winchester calibers here.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Got a new mold in for 45 Colt, the Uberti 1873 my son uses does not like the cast bullets I feed my 45 Colt stuff, they are too long. My only 45 Colt lever gun is an older NHRC Big Boy, the 1873s are all in the original Winchester calibers here.

377f4b496a2fafd6057614ebfc832b5d.jpg

This showed in the mail over the weekend. Never loaded 45lc before but hoping to need lots of it!

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've always been out in the open, J., and have no problems telling people that I'm a recovering alcoholic....because the truth is that "once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic."
    Saying that, it's also important to know that I haven't touched a drop in (15) years.
    As clinical professionals will tell you, when you're an alcoholic, you're either "active", or "recovering".
    People who claim to be "functional " alcoholics are only deluding themselves, as there isn't such a thing.

I freely talk about it, in hopes that someone who might be suffering from the disease would feel comfortable talking to me, if they wished. :)
    I know a couple of guys who are alcoholics.
    One hasn't had a drink in nearly 25 years, the other who sometimes falls off the wagon over the last 30 years.
    BOTH of these guys would go on binges where they'd sit home drunk for weeks at a time before coming up for air.
    They weren't mean drunks, just self destructive.

On the flip side, I have a stepdaughter who's still in denial that she shouldn't drink.
    She's also a mean drunk and usually becomes nasty when she's drinking.
    We wish she'd get help, but there's no talking to her.

I would add that I've done my share of drinking in my life, and have never understood why somebody drinks so they can get p*ssed off and be nasty to people.
    My late father in law used to always say when people drink they're either "lovers" or "fighters".

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom