The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm appalled at how bad printers can be on Windows. It's sad really.
    Honestly all these printers wanting to have their own man in the middle web software rather than just provide the damn driver is a PITA. Straight up windows plug and play printer isn't too bad.

I got a couple of HPs recently and HP inserts itself in the middle with a web based software that requires creation of a login just to use the scanner, etc unless you really work to find their neutered non internet based driver package. Drives me nuts.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    When we lived in Greenfield I watched one of the biggest slow moving thunderstorms move in after dark. We all went to bed but the gardener and I were awakened by the kids about 0100 and the noise outside was unreal. Winds blowing 70+ make every corner and point on a house whistle. This was mixed in with the roar of the wind and crashing of trees. Looking outside our bedroom window in the continuous lightning flashes I saw our flowering crab apple tree rolling past like a giant tumbleweed. We all went to the basement and sat out the rest of the storm. Next morning, it was fire up the genny, make all the connections. We had hot water, hot food, and lights.

The rest of the subdivision had nothing. After getting things cleaned up in our driveway we went out to cut the neighbors out that had no means to move their cars. At the end of the day it was like a ghost town as most all had left. You are very right Patience, fortune favors the prepared.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Our weather forecasters act like the most of the weather will be south of you.
    Our weather forecasters dont have a clue. I just judge by my phones weather. If theres 100% chance then its probably going to rain/snow hard. If theres its less than a 90% chance then its anyones guess.

Ive only been “blocked” by trees a handful of times. A couple branches i just moved by hand. Once a big cottonwood fell behind the trailer park blocking the road to town, luckily i was in my 79’ with the plow so i just cut it with my battery chainsaw and pushed it off the road. I was expecting there to be debris on the road (usually is after ~40mph winds) so i had the saw with me.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom