The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    ATTENTION ALL 457 owners:

6c57731d39ccf9d90cb07d05631dabcb.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    It figures...right after I got the curved trigger and really wanted a straight.

The new rifle will suffer with a curved trigger as well. However, at 0.75-3oz I don't think I'll have to touch it. I'm counting on being able to snap my fingers and let the shock wave set it off.

Ditto. I just bought the curved about the same time you did. Heck, you probably made me buy it.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Do I need this?
    (I couldn't even type that with a straight face)
    Yes. LOL

To answer your question seriously. YES!

My 455 has an excellent trigger (the old design); my 457 came with a very "meh" trigger from the factory. Not bad - really not bad at all but still just meh. Played around with adjustments, springs etc. Still just meh.

Bought the Timney; set it at about a pound and it is excellent now. YMMV

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Mine already has an updated trigger, so I will wait on this upgrade, though I'm sure it will happen in the future. I might wait and buy it used from T-Dogg.
    A guy just can't catch a break around here. I give you guys nothing but love and compassion.... :dunno:

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Good mid-morning CZers!!! :coffee: was out too early this morning......2am. Had a little gas blowing in DA HOOD from a contractor boring at 7pm?!?!?! in DA HOOD???? Not good for a bunch of red-necked white boys to be hitting 2" gas mains after dark.......
    Fort Wayne Fire was NOT PLEASED, either were us gas guys.......but on a cheerful note...... the lady swerving to avoid one of our semi crew trucks, and driving 50+ yards down a sidewalk.......well.....was entertaining, and frightful at the same time.......we were hoping to hear a couple pops from her tires exploding from the 6" curb along the sidewalk, BUT then again......POPS in DA HOOD are usually the locals "busting 9mm caps" in DA HOOD.
    Back to more inspiring work....the bathroom remodel......UGH!!! :wallbash: :wallbash:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Not much rain here in the GSF so far.
    Been sprinkling since sun up here, ruined my plans to get the leaves finished up. Going to shrink wrap a couple patio doors instead now. Waiting on the brown truck of happiness to drop off some Midas+ this afternoon.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Been sprinkling since sun up here, ruined my plans to get the leaves finished up. Going to shrink wrap a couple patio doors instead now. Waiting on the brown truck of happiness to drop off some Midas+ this afternoon.

Same issue with leaves for me, I need them to dry out so I can get them out of the brass catching area.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016

Big white truck should be bringing me an extended buttplate for my 457 at one today. I'll need some of that Midas +. :cool:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom