Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Can the CGW parts be polished to the same effect that you get from shooting it? All morning we've been discussing the merits of shooting in DA. The effect on the gun is without question. I've been dry firing the Tactical along side the Phantom, and they are worlds apart, with the same CGW parts.

We need a CGW "Perfection Package"!

My experience with other platforms is that polishing can get you a long long way down the road but there is no substitute for having the parts installed and functioned repeatedly to really match of the surfaces. Light pulls can be accomplished on the bench but smooth...smooth takes trigger pulls and rounds down range. I had/still have some wheel guns that have tuned triggers. The ones that have been tuned are excellent. The ones that have been tuned and shot a lot are incredible.

The gold to which CM referred to is the Wizard's gift from knowing what needs how much. Not sure that is a skill that can be obtained without a lot of experience and an inherent natural ability to be the best.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    BA - IÂ’ll add to this request for enlightenment. If you took a non-Omega trigger and just installed a race hammer would the creep be eliminated (edit: significantly reduced).

I just talked to CGW about this a week ago. Get the race hammer, sear and the appropriate disconnector.

If you just install a race hammer you will notice a shorter pull through from the wall until it breaks because the CGW race hammer's hammer hooks are set at .009 stock are .040 causing a much longer pull through and visible movement of the hammer camming rearward before it breaks. It may not break smooth depending on the condition of the stock sear. On a manual safety CZ just using the race hammer will make the safety useless because of a change in the geometry of the hammer over a stock hammer. It could be fit to work by fitting the cam on the safety lever that rotates under the sear ledge but would be very time consuming and it would be easy to take just a smidge to much off, then it is useless and you would be buying a new safety lever and starting over. It is much easier to get the matching adjustable sear offered with the race hammer kit. The adjustable part of the sear is a tiny set screw that is set to touch the top camming surface of the safety lever when engaged it cams under the safety contact point of the sear ledge and is set with red Loctite. The CGW disconnector is the magical part that shortens take up but needs to be used with an SRS kit. There are timing issues that are in play and is why it is best to get the kits rather than picking one part at a time.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    My experience with other platforms is that polishing can get you a long long way down the road but there is no substitute for having the parts installed and functioned repeatedly to really match of the surfaces. Light pulls can be accomplished on the bench but smooth...smooth takes trigger pulls and rounds down range. I had/still have some wheel guns that have tuned triggers. The ones that have been tuned are excellent. The ones that have been tuned and shot a lot are incredible.

The gold to which CM referred to is the Wizard's gift from knowing what needs how much. Not sure that is a skill that can be obtained without a lot of experience and an inherent natural ability to be the best.

It is strange how I can do 2 same CZ's and do all the polishing the same install the goodies and one may feel better than the other in DA. It is much easier to match the single action break. The double actions are not as easy to accomplish. Most of them require many rounds to really mate to parts together giving the feel of butter. My thought is that the quality control of stock component parts that are kept with the addition of the CGW parts cause some of the variations we feel. Remember that the CGW parts are made to be drop in parts in all CZ's so you will see them in some guns turn out extremely good and some guns just good. Then there are some that will require fitting of the disconnector to achieve reset in SA & DA. To some degree I can take the good gun and make excellent by a little polish to fit and sometime nothing extra to gain and will need rounds downrange to smooth things out. On some guns I will put a rubber O ring over the firing pin for the hammer to hit and set and watch tv while pulling the trigger in DA lets say for 1000 pulls switching fingers and hand and can feel a difference in smoothing out.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    It is strange how I can do 2 same CZ's and do all the polishing the same install the goodies and one may feel better than the other in DA. It is much easier to match the single action break. The double actions are not as easy to accomplish. Most of them require many rounds to really mate to parts together giving the feel of butter. My thought is that the quality control of stock component parts that are kept with the addition of the CGW parts cause some of the variations we feel. Remember that the CGW parts are made to be drop in parts in all CZ's so you will see them in some guns turn out extremely good and some guns just good. Then there are some that will require fitting of the disconnector to achieve reset in SA & DA. To some degree I can take the good gun and make excellent by a little polish to fit and sometime nothing extra to gain and will need rounds downrange to smooth things out. On some guns I will put a rubber O ring over the firing pin for the hammer to hit and set and watch tv while pulling the trigger in DA lets say for 1000 pulls switching fingers and hand and can feel a difference in smoothing out.

So you like the O ring better an just using a snap cap?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    This is a very painting centric day for me. Need some GPT as the only thing I've shot today was the color coat on the son's new front valance. Since then, I've been helping the wife paint the upstairs bathroom. That's a little room with lots of tight corners and is a royal PITA. Almost done though.

I need to figure out what to do with the SP01 Tactical. I could move it on when the next shiny thing pops up but I know that with the right work, that could be a stellar performer. But, if I'm going to put money into a gun, it will probably be the Phantom right now. That one is doing nightstand duty now days.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This is a very painting centric day for me. Need some GPT as the only thing I've shot today was the color coat on the son's new front valance. Since then, I've been helping the wife paint the upstairs bathroom. That's a little room with lots of tight corners and is a royal PITA. Almost done though.

I need to figure out what to do with the SP01 Tactical. I could move it on when the next shiny thing pops up but I know that with the right work, that could be a stellar performer. But, if I'm going to put money into a gun, it will probably be the Phantom right now. That one is doing nightstand duty now days.
    Is it a black one without the threaded barrel? If so Sell it to Trigger Time says a little birdie :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Took advantage of the weather and put on my carpentry belt and set up the saws.
    Before
    q7tJz8w.jpg

Mid day Saturday
    3QLgibG.jpg

Today
    JC8NcCW.jpg

Happy terrorists
    g9B7sfe.jpg

Now, If I had the steam I would put the parts on the DW as they came yesterday but I am seriously pooped.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I got my P-07 trigger feeling very good by installing the CGW kit and then shooting the crap out of it with the .22 Kadet kit on the gun. Can get a lot of trigger pulls in, bullets down range and it’s cheap.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I love the Kadet kit that I have on one of my P07s. I probably shoot that gun better than a lot of others simply because I run a lot of .22lr through it and have just gotten a feel for the thing. I've taken it out to MCFG and put 100 rounds through it, then swapped slides with the .40 slide and ran a box of .40 just as well as I did the .22lr. It would be great if every gun had that option. I've been toying with the Advantage Arms kit for my G23.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Is it a black one without the threaded barrel? If so Sell it to Trigger Time says a little birdie :):

It is. It's the Tactical version though, so it has a decocker. If I decide to let it go, I'll PM you. I've been trying to figure out what role it plays in the collection now that the Phantom is here.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    How did training go yesterday? I've looked at the classes in Atlanta, but haven't made it to one yet.
    Training went great but I could tell I hadn't trained in 4 months as it took me longer to shake the rust off. After the halfway point I started to settle in and get a bit more focused.

I'm actually considering doing some safe clearing and making an attempt at going full throttle with training, meaning better equipment and having my guns/gear more centered around what training for. This might mean coughing up some guns and optics that I didn't think I would part with. However I really really enjoy training and shooting. I don't do enough of either, but instead spend way too much time looking at the computer spinning my wheels. I need to spend more time honing my shooting skillset versus worrying about crap that doesn't matter and doesn't move me forward towards goals.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I must have missed it what was wrong with your p10?

Took advantage of the weather and put on my carpentry belt and set up the saws.
    Before
    q7tJz8w.jpg

Mid day Saturday
    3QLgibG.jpg

Today
    JC8NcCW.jpg

Happy terrorists
    g9B7sfe.jpg

Now, If I had the steam I would put the parts on the DW as they came yesterday but I am seriously pooped.

Nice CM! There's nothing like the instant feedback of happy terrorists playing in the yard to let you know that you did well by them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TM1984
    Top Bottom