• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I find some entertainment in the discussion of the class of the CGW parts/Wizard’s work. If Doddg goes down the CGW route, there would be a line of members in this thread waiting for it be for sale. I’d bet he wouldn’t even have to list it for it to be sold. :D

That said, outside of competition, I’d struggle to see the value in a Shadow 2 over a CGW 75. But I’m an oddball, I’d look really hard at a Shadow 2 talk myself into a Tactical Sport and then buy another Tanfoglio instead.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I find some entertainment in the discussion of the class of the CGW parts/Wizard’s work. If Doddg goes down the CGW route, there would be a line of members in this thread waiting for it be for sale. I’d bet he wouldn’t even have to list it for it to be sold. :D
    That said, outside of competition, I’d struggle to see the value in a Shadow 2 over a CGW 75. But I’m an oddball, I’d look really hard at a Shadow 2 talk myself into a Tactical Sport and then buy another Tanfoglio instead.

1. Hey, my friend: I always love when people comment about me, especially those I've met and even been to the range with since I'm sure I'm not as big an idiot in person as I come across in print. :laugh:
    2. As to your comment about selling a CGW if I owned one is one of the reasons I would not pay for upgrades unless I had a gun for a yearish and "knew" we were in a permanent relationship, whereas if I buy a Shadow 2 I could sell it and recover most of my money.
    3. Seriously considering the $950 Urban Gray: I just got through with the owner, and he's not coming down in his price (don't blame him b/c he probably paid $1200 plus $86/tax= $1286, and selling for $950: seems like a righteous buy to me.
    4. But, the feedback I'm getting here gives me pause that I just can't go ahead and be happy with my SP-01 Tactical I just got this week, which means I'll put the 75 B Omega up for sale when I get around to it. (got 2 for sale now, so I can wait).
    5. If I would CGW my SP-01 it would be in a yearish or so, if at all.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Something else to consider, will the Shadow 2 make you happier at the range than the SP-01? Or will something come down the road and tempt you away from the Shadow 2 if you buy it?

As nice as the Shadow 2 is, I’d keep the SP-01. At this point you have fantastic choices for arrows, time to work on the Indian to maximize the arrows.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Something else to consider, will the Shadow 2 make you happier at the range than the SP-01? Or will something come down the road and tempt you away from the Shadow 2 if you buy it?
    As nice as the Shadow 2 is, I’d keep the SP-01. At this point you have fantastic choices for arrows, time to work on the Indian to maximize the arrows.

1. Since you know me better than those that think they do since we have been together what?: 3-4 times, including the range, I listen to your voice b/c you have a better feel for who I am/the way I think than others would, having talked 1:1.
    2. That is my instinct also to just: STAY.
    3. If I never would have fired the SP-01 right after buying my 75 B Omega, I would have been happy, but the SP-01 was a better shooter for me, and I liked the "heft"(extra 4 ounces). I can feel the difference in 2 ounces even with the 1 pounders.
    4. Love the analogy, and not the 1st time someone has said: quit buying and stay with what you have.
    5. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    There’s one big life lesson I learned from watching my dad and one I’d imagine you (and most here) already know. He has issues staying in one vehicle and swaps more frequently than most. Sometimes it’s a want to change and sometimes the deal is “too good not to”. What I learned was that a “good deal” often provides only temporary happiness, whereas enjoying what you already have can provide long term happiness.

Luckily I got sucked into changing guns instead of cars, waaaaaaay cheaper. :D

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Two thumbs up on the Shadow 2! Just an awesome sweet shooter, would highly recommend.psyko
    viydBHo.jpg

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    There is a lot to be said for enjoying what you already have, and it is something that you can always work on and you will always enjoy the benefits of it.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    There’s one big life lesson I learned from watching my dad and one I’d imagine you (and most here) already know. He has issues staying in one vehicle and swaps more frequently than most. Sometimes it’s a want to change and sometimes the deal is “too good not to”. What I learned was that a “good deal” often provides only temporary happiness, whereas enjoying what you already have can provide long term happiness.

Luckily I got sucked into changing guns instead of cars, waaaaaaay cheaper. :D

1. On regular cars no issue (driving a 13 and 14 yr. old cars), but I did go down the antique cars rabbit hole in my 3 late 30s early 40s.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    So you trade the cars off quickly too. :laugh:

I had my last pickup for 20 years and have a 1993 Mazda MX-6 LS with 68000 miles on it that I need to sell.

So my dad just turned 60 and he has had somewhere north of 150 vehicles in his life, some were leases and some company cars (he owned the company). I can recall multiple Fieros (two of which had V8 swaps, one was a 350 and the other was something bigger) and Miatas (full spectrum of power adders here: superchargers, V8s and the current one is turbocharged w/roughly 260 at the wheels).

He’d have had a stroke if he kept a vehicle for 20 years. We all thought he did well keeping the Avalanche for 7! Lol

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I haven't seen any examples of people stippling Phantoms. Anyone here seen any? I've put a grip sleeve on mine and it feels so much better, but I've thought about modifying the actual grip.

Edit:
    I found a couple, but not many. Here is one:
    url
    stipple.png

I've seen some on G****s that look pretty good and some that are hideous.

Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    While I've seen some great examples of stippling on other guns, I won't do it for pure resale value. I change my mind frequently and know that everything in my safe has numbered days. Stippling reduces my chances of reselling the gun. Now if I came across a beat up Glock for like $200, I'd then maybe consider doing it.

For practice work I'd use Pmags or other polymer AR mags that are inexpensive.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I'm thinking about doing the back strap, which is replaceable. I don't want to screw up an awesome gun.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    3. If I never would have fired the SP-01 right after buying my 75 B Omega, I would have been happy, but the SP-01 was a better shooter for me, and I liked the "heft"(extra 4 ounces). I can feel the difference in 2 ounces even with the 1 pounders.

Somehow I feel I should take some blame here for setting up yet another rabbit hole for you doddg.

I'm going to chime in with my :twocents: here and say keep the SP01 and shoot the bejeezuz out of it. I've got about 1k through mine, and it seems to keep getting better as I go. Maybe I'm getting better with it too, dunno, but it does seem to be getting smoother and more enjoyable to shoot. Hopefully I'll notice some real differences by 5-10k rounds downrange as well. Maybe someday I'll be making my own request to the wizard, but for now I'm really happy with how my SP feels and shoots. I can only hope that yours works out as well for you too!!

For the record, 2 other people who've never shot a CZ before shot mine and basically fell in love with it on the spot. I feel my newfound faith in CZ is pretty well founded now.

Oh, I dropped into your favorite LGS on my way home today and saw they had a used P01 in the case...and I do indeed like how it felt in hand! I'm now rather interested in getting to fondle a P01 omega to feel the trigger, etc... and may have to seriously look into saving up for one depending on how it feels once I finally do--they seem to be about as common as unicorns. I like the idea of being able to convert the decocker into a safety--old fashioned, I know, but it is actually comforting to me to be able to carry cocked and locked.

Let's face it, I don't have anywhere CLOSE to the experience of most in this thread, nor do I have the available funding to buy/sell/trade in the big leagues like many in here do...but I think it's safe to bet that I will EVENTUALLY end up with multiple CZ guns--it just might take a few years to get there is all. They're just too fun to shoot!!!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Ok, I did a quick search and saw a question on the previous Czickness thread, but no real answer. Anyone deal with deguns.net before? They have some pretty good pricing on something I'm interested, though they do charge $30 to ship... of course, if I get the total above $500 there is a free shipping coupon, and I do have this problem with buying things in 2's, though I wasn't going to do it right away this time.

Anyway, anyone ever deal with them before? Good/Bad/Any issues?

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics