mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Really ? Cool !
    The gun is enroute, no matter what. It's supposed to arrive at the FFL today.

Phantom is on the way from Utah. Seems Peak Firearms forgot to ship it and took time returning my call. They were very apologetic and said they'd throw in a Leupold hat for my patience. These things happen - no big deal.

Hopefully, I don't run short of CZ's in the meantime...

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    CKW came through better than we expected this close to the actual surgery. No wheelchair to get from the truck to the 4th floor and back today. She paid for that but was proud at the same time. Still a good ways to go before she is running any marathons...:)

Thanks for the kind words and support my friends. She read the thread at my behest. Big smiles.

Good deal.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    My CGW parts came in today!! They all went in quite easy.

Monday night I worked on polishing items based on a thread I found in one of the CZ forums. I polished the trigger pin, hammer pin & trigger bar. I gave up on getting the seat pin out. Sometime over the weekend I noticed the hammer dragged on the left side of the frame, slowly work with file trimmed the polymer back just enough to clear the the hammer and made a big difference.

I’m not the best still with getting consistent reading from my trigger gauge and I don’t recall what my stock weight was. But after trimming by the hammer it was around 9lbs, polishing got it closer to 8.5lbs and the CGW spring in the 7.5-8lb range, all for double action. Single action was around 4lbs before the polishing and is around 3.5-3.75lbs after polishing. The shape of the trigger made it even harder to be consistent with the pulls than my own lack of skill did. Overall, I’m happy with the efforts and the trigger feels similar to the weight in my DW revolvers, which was the goal.

The hardest part I had was putting the decocker back together. That stupid little spring is a pain to get lined up correctly. I fought more with that spring that I did most of the rest of the project.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    CKW came through better than we expected this close to the actual surgery. No wheelchair to get from the truck to the 4th floor and back today. She paid for that but was proud at the same time. Still a good ways to go before she is running any marathons...:)

Thanks for the kind words and support my friends. She read the thread at my behest. Big smiles.

It's great to hear good news for CKW !

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Phantom is on the way from Utah. Seems Peak Firearms forgot to ship it and took time returning my call. They were very apologetic and said they'd throw in a Leupold hat for my patience. These things happen - no big deal.

Hopefully, I don't run short of CZ's in the meantime...

Picked up my little .410 'Tuffy' .... I just like saying 'Tuffy' !!! :):
    I think that it's the cheapest firearm I've ever purchased .... but it looks efficient. Pepe La' Pew had better watch his rump !!! :ar15:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    My CGW parts came in today!! They all went in quite easy.

Monday night I worked on polishing items based on a thread I found in one of the CZ forums. I polished the trigger pin, hammer pin & trigger bar. I gave up on getting the seat pin out. Sometime over the weekend I noticed the hammer dragged on the left side of the frame, slowly work with file trimmed the polymer back just enough to clear the the hammer and made a big difference.

I’m not the best still with getting consistent reading from my trigger gauge and I don’t recall what my stock weight was. But after trimming by the hammer it was around 9lbs, polishing got it closer to 8.5lbs and the CGW spring in the 7.5-8lb range, all for double action. Single action was around 4lbs before the polishing and is around 3.5-3.75lbs after polishing. The shape of the trigger made it even harder to be consistent with the pulls than my own lack of skill did. Overall, I’m happy with the efforts and the trigger feels similar to the weight in my DW revolvers, which was the goal.

The hardest part I had was putting the decocker back together. That stupid little spring is a pain to get lined up correctly. I fought more with that spring that I did most of the rest of the project.

Glad to hear (with the exception of one little spring !) that it went smoothly for you. Those pull weights look spot-on. :yesway:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Found out today I do not like the 75 shadow tac II as well as my sp01 tactical or the p01. I dont know if it's the weight difference or what's different but that's my take. Must be because it has a damn safety ;) Probably not a keeper. Never know until you shoot them. I need something GREAT to replace it with though because that was a let down. I was all excited about that one. I feel a relapse coming on :):
    I shot right at 300 rounds today

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Will not get to the range till Friday morning, but the dry fire is really sweet!psyko
    SpKMjII.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom