Not open for further replies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'd like to check this out as well or something similar. One of the factors that keeps me away is that I'd like a way to be able to practice something like this before attending. Basically understand the rules and be able to run through in a non competition setting a bit before dealing with it in a competition setting for the first time.

I know most will say just attend and try it and then adapt and go back, which I understand, but that's what rolls around in my head. I may just have to go out sometime and watch if that is allowed (I'm a member of MCF&G) as a first start, but I'd really like to be able to then do a run through or practice session, before going out to actually compete (and then maybe practice between competitions). Competition itself doesn't interest me, just competing against myself/improving my skills.
    Makes total sense. Most people just say show up and observe if you dont want to shoot the first time then you could I guess practice the same drills on your own range or time later maybe?

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    He says he out of monies, but then you see another purchase. His refill rate is amazing! I couldn't think of a nicer guy for whom this to be the case!

I agree but I am pretty impressed with T-dogg lately. He might have set a new record with the lowest purchase to up for sale timeframe in the category of “not intending to flip”.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    I'd like to check this out as well or something similar. One of the factors that keeps me away is that I'd like a way to be able to practice something like this before attending. Basically understand the rules and be able to run through in a non competition setting a bit before dealing with it in a competition setting for the first time.

I know most will say just attend and try it and then adapt and go back, which I understand, but that's what rolls around in my head. I may just have to go out sometime and watch if that is allowed (I'm a member of MCF&G) as a first start, but I'd really like to be able to then do a run through or practice session, before going out to actually compete (and then maybe practice between competitions). Competition itself doesn't interest me, just competing against myself/improving my skills.

Most all competitions allow spectators just bring eye and ear protection.
    I give the new shooters a quick rundown on the rules and safety before the match, at a couple of the clubs I shoot at and we ALWAYS have some new shooters, so you won't be alone. We have anywhere from 1 or 2 to 14+ attend these meetings.
    Competition is a great place to improve your skills and work on thinking on your feet and you will learn a lot.
    There is a wide range of skill levels at most any match from the pros to the beginner to the average Joe.
    Lots of great people at the matches and you will meet and make lots of friends.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I give the new shooters a quick rundown on the rules and safety before the match, at a couple of the clubs I shoot at and we ALWAYS have some new shooters, so you won't be alone. We have anywhere from 1 or 2 to 14+ attend these meetings.
    Competition is a great place to improve your skills and work on thinking on your feet and you will learn a lot.
    There is a wide range of skill levels at most any match from the pros to the beginner to the average Joe.
    Great information! I'd be interested in checking them out in the future as well. I agree with WS, it's nice to have a visual for me as well.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Cool, thanks for the info sir. Appreciate it.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Friday Night Steel and the carry gun comp at parabellum has always interested me. The carry gun comp I always have to work during unfortunately.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    CKW came through better than we expected this close to the actual surgery. No wheelchair to get from the truck to the 4th floor and back today. She paid for that but was proud at the same time. Still a good ways to go before she is running any marathons...:)

Thanks for the kind words and support my friends. She read the thread at my behest. Big smiles.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Guided Protector
    Top Bottom