The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I promise not to bore you guys with pictures of my mini-getaway, but patience0830 recommended taking galoshes because of the extreme rainfall. As it turned out, I had to backtrack on trail#2 because McCormick's creek was clear out of the banks. Even galoshes wouldn't have helped here ...... you'd need a jon boat to cross this large area of flooding !

IMG_20180227_134958988-XL.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Usually, by the time I reach that point in the trail, I'd have encountered at least a couple of other hikers coming from the other direction. The swamp kind of explained why I saw nobody else coming down the trail ! :):

Back on track a bit. Coming back home yesterday, I stopped at Bradis gun shop. They had both a PCR and a Rami BD in the case .... which is unusual. So if anyone is looking for either of those, you might want to give them a call. I was tempted, but my gun fund is rather restrictive right now.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    What/where are some of the better places to enjoy outdoor activities around Greenwood? Looks like McCormicks is about 50 minutes away. Trying to find something to do either Saturday or Sunday with the lady friend.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I’ve had a rough week going back and forth between a PCR and a P10C. I’m hoping Wrigley still has the PCR tomorrow as I’ve decided to stick with steel (err steel and aluminum) for only a couple extra ounces. Maybe a P10c in the future but that PCR just sits perfectly and has the same feel as my only other CZ handgun which is an SP-01.

Ban the fools, not the tools I say. wtburnette

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Hey MM, did they by chance have a P10c? Curious as I've had a heck of a time finding one.

Yes, I distinctly remember seeing one of those ! It seemed like the frame was gray .... is that possible ? Special edition, or something ? I thought that it was $600 !

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    What/where are some of the better places to enjoy outdoor activities around Greenwood? Looks like McCormicks is about 50 minutes away. Trying to find something to do either Saturday or Sunday with the lady friend.

'88 lives in Greenwood, so he might have the best information. Morgan Monroe State Forest is only about 30 minutes south, straight down US 37, and is great for hiking.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I’ve had a rough week going back and forth between a PCR and a P10C. I’m hoping Wrigley still has the PCR tomorrow as I’ve decided to stick with steel (err steel and aluminum) for only a couple extra ounces. Maybe a P10c in the future but that PCR just sits perfectly and has the same feel as my only other CZ handgun which is an SP-01.

Ban the fools, not the tools I say. wtburnette

I was interested in the Rami BD, until I held the PCR ...... and my heart went pitter-patter.
    For me personally, I've taken the oath: no more plastic !
    Churchmouse is surely proud of me ! :D

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I was interested in the Rami BD, until I held the PCR ...... and my heart went pitter-patter.
    For me personally, I've taken the oath: no more plastic !
    Churchmouse is surely proud of me ! :D

That’s kinda what happened to me. I like the Rami but I didn’t realize how light the PCR was. I’m a 1911 and 3rd gen smith fan so my perspective of light is under three pounds.

Not sure CM will be proud of me until I put my 1911 extractors back where JMB put them.

JonProphet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Just finished up my first mods on the 75BD. Installed a CGW Blue hammer spring, 14# recoil spring and the matching firing pin spring and firing pin block spring. Put a quick 3 rounds through it. The gun is tightening up a little.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Did someone say PCR?!?

RriDcoX.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Just picked it up earlier this evening. My online go-to store had one yesterday morning, but I guess I was too slow on the click... got a confirmation email for the order, then a refund message that the last one had been spoken for just ahead of me. I knew Hoosier Armory up my way had some in stock as others on here mentioned recently. They seem to come over the ocean so rarely that I was afraid I could be waiting another year to get ahold of one.

CGW ultra-lite kit will be here Saturday. The stock sights aren't very good, but will do for now until I can decide what to go with. I recall BA, 88, and others crooning about the TFX sights, if I remember right?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats Hop! I have TFX on a couple of my pistols. I really should go that route with more of them but I'm becoming more of a point shooter and often don't even notice what type of sights a gun has unless I'm punching paper with it. I do love how the fiber optics pop in most light conditions though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom