The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Today will be motor fleet service.
    All 4 rigs in the driveway get oil changes/rotations.

The magic bus gets the trans fluid changed.

I have some gun stuff to do as well.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That sounds like a fairly full day to me.

Typical day around here.

There is several bags of soil enhancers that need to be put up into the raised garden. I will have the boys cart those as I did 3/4ths of them yesterday.
    I have 1 more pass to make over the area and then put the ground cover down before the weeds get into it.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Typical day around here.

There is several bags of soil enhancers that need to be put up into the raised garden. I will have the boys cart those as I did 3/4ths of them yesterday.
    I have 1 more pass to make over the area and then put the ground cover down before the weeds get into it.

Sounds like work....I have a Kroger a mile from house...

Just kidding...envious for the time to have such activities.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sounds like work....I have a Kroger a mile from house...

Just kidding...envious for the time to have such activities.

It is a crap load of work but the kitchen staff loves the fresh stuff off the vine etc. We have some really good salads etc in season.
    There is no monetary savings in this. Just like heating with wood. It actually costs more to do in the end.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sounds like you need a rear tine tiller. I can bust sod with mine and there is no "bucking bronco" effect.

I would love to have one but mine is a family heirloom. It is one my dad bought in 1966. 5HP briggs. It did its job tilling several gardens every year until 2 years ago and the old briggs laid down. I priced new tillers. I priced a Chinese knock of 5.5 HP honda engine.....guess which way I went.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I would love to have one but mine is a family heirloom. It is one my dad bought in 1966. 5HP briggs. It did its job tilling several gardens every year until 2 years ago and the old briggs laid down. I priced new tillers. I priced a Chinese knock of 5.5 HP honda engine.....guess which way I went.

My guess is a custom tiller with vibration compensators and VZ custom grips. Stainless crank case with titanium connectors running on alcohol through ported and polished aluminum heads. Oh, and electric start.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    44 horse Kubota and a 6' Land Pride when i get back to gardening for serious. Right now it's lots of mulch and a shovel.

We have a 16' wide by 20' long raised bed. A rear tine would not do well in it. The old front tine is perfect it just works you out a bit.
    I did change a few settings today and my son ran it to finish up.

Dad bought this from "Central Hardware" in maybe 1966 of earlier.
    He eventually sold it to a good friend of mine and he and I shared it over the years. I bought it back from him just in time to replace the engine.

ybKr96x.jpg

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I did the brakes on the wife's car today. First side took about 90 minutes with looking up torque values and stuff. The second side was about 30 minutes and that included putting tools away. Glad to have it done and it was kind of nice to spend the day in the garage with an easy job like that. I am getting too old to heft 19 inch wheels around though. The '69 Spider's 13 inch wheels are a joy to deal with by comparison.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    We have a 16' wide by 20' long raised bed. A rear tine would not do well in it. The old front tine is perfect it just works you out a bit.
    I did change a few settings today and my son ran it to finish up.

Dad bought this from "Central Hardware" in maybe 1966 of earlier.
    He eventually sold it to a good friend of mine and he and I shared it over the years. I bought it back from him just in time to replace the engine.

I remember Central Hardware ...... my dad also shopped there ! :D

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

What a great weekend, weather wise, that was. I was able to get some shooting in, did the wife's brakes and squeezed in a drive in the Spider through the back roads of Johnson County. I was hoping to do another range trip yesterday to check the installation of a set of Trijicon HDs in my DW A2 Commander. I picked up the yellow HDs for that one and those things really pop. I have not run my 1911s that much lately but hopefully that changes in the next couple of weeks.

I need to order some mulch and get the yard done. Looks like next weekend could be a good weekend for that. I sure am happy to see spring arrive this year.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm still trying to decide if I want to head into the office today. Could be a good day to WFH and catch up on some mandatory company training that needs done.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Monday....home office all day and waiting for mulch to be delivered. I'm ready for the mulch to turn into stone...tired of the maintenance of mulch.

Sadly...did not make the range yesterday and won't today BUT....tomorrow is a trip to the Wizard!

88 mentioned training which reminds me a have a couple days of continuing ed to get completed.

(This morning's posters looks like my personal gun dealer page...)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom