The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Went to the range yesterday for a little GPT and to test function of the SP-01 with 147gr ammo. Fired 50 rounds and had one FTF. I couldn't recreate this with the remaining ammo that I had. This is a bone stock CZ and the ammo was Winchester 147gr FMJ. I need to get more ammo and see if this continues.

3jGPlPb.jpg

I got nothing. Hopefully it won't recur.

I wish I was. Enjoy your day off. ;)

Keep fighting the good fight sir.

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    Morning all...

Just out of curiosity....What firearm do you have the most rounds through this year? Pictures?

For me, it's nothing fancy - a CZ P10C.

Easily the SP01. though i've only probably put 300-400 rounds through it. next up would be the R1, followed by the P01.

In action (about the 1:40 mark, time stamp didn't work)
    [video=youtube_share;8IMuN4gPZ8s]https://youtu.be/8IMuN4gPZ8s?t=1m43s[/video]

Last edited:

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    For me it is probably the HK VP9, since I ran it at the carry competitions earlier this year. I think I only have 60 - 90 rounds through the CZ so far this year. The VP9 has around 300+ so far this year.

I need to get out more.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Went to the range yesterday for a little GPT and to test function of the SP-01 with 147gr ammo. Fired 50 rounds and had one FTF. I couldn't recreate this with the remaining ammo that I had. This is a bone stock CZ and the ammo was Winchester 147gr FMJ. I need to get more ammo and see if this continues.

3jGPlPb.jpg

What type of lube are you using? The only time I saw something similar was when I tried Froglube on my 75B Compact. It gummed up the rails enough to slow the slide velocity which caused random feed issues. I had a .40 P07 that had similar issues until I refreshed all of the springs, so it could be a tired recoil spring. Or, it could just be that the gun does not like that bullet profile.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    What type of lube are you using? The only time I saw something similar was when I tried Froglube on my 75B Compact. It gummed up the rails enough to slow the slide velocity which caused random feed issues. I had a .40 P07 that had similar issues until I refreshed all of the springs, so it could be a tired recoil spring. Or, it could just be that the gun does not like that bullet profile.

The lube is just a small amount of RemOil. The gun is new so I don't see the springs being an issue. This leaves the bullet profile, maybe the gun just doesn't like flat nosed bullets. More testing is needed.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I am assuming the gun has more than 50 rounds through it? I am far from an expert but I tend to discount a random FTFs and/or FTEs in the first 250 to 500 rounds unless its a discernible pattern.

Take BA's advice and make a notation on which mag had the FTF and track its performance. Make sure nothing is bent or bound up. 88 probably has a spreadsheet, if you need one...

Probably not a factor here but I have a couple long slide 9mm's that don't like certain brands of "cheap" range ammo...though it will cycle fine in shorter slides.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    The gun has 300+ rounds through it with no problems except for the one FTF with the 147gr ammo. I do know which mag had the issue and will be testing more as time and money allow. I have plenty of 115gr & 124gr ammo but no stock of the 147gr unless I purchase it.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas

3jGPlPb.jpg

I have the same problem with my SP01s. I have a threaded barrel Tactical, and a standard SP01. Neither is fond of 147gr ammo. I run federal AE through all the suppressor hosts, but the CZ is not a fan.

A11CE6AC-236C-4AAB-8336-98C383CDC64F_zpsscmp4aq9.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    What flavor of 147g ammo? I've had good luck running 147g HSTs but have not run many of them through my SP01. I'll have to order up a couple of boxes and make sure that mine is as good as I think it is.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Heh.. I've had good luck with the HSTs in just about everything but I really do need to test it more than I have in the SP01. I've probably only run maybe 2 dozen through that one. I now have an excuse for buying ammo and doing a scientific test. CM, we need to grab the lab coats and hit the range one of these nice warm Friday mornings. Guns will be shot and slide rules will be slid.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom