The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This injury event has thrown off my already poor sleep habits. My wife slipped a tray with a thermos of coffee and donuts into the bedroom before she left for work.

I'm on my own today. Even with a walker, getting to the bathroom is a major event.
    I hate this, although it's my own fault for not setting up better lighting in the attic, and watching my step more closely.
    Poop ! :facepalm:

In my trade we saw a lot of attic time. I was up in a pretty big attic with a helper years and years ago. We were adding and repairing the duct work. We laid out some 2X12 walk boards. I was doing my work and sent him for materials. He was there and then he was gone. Landed in the living room. White carpet and white furniture. What a mess. I went down to check on him and he was driving away. So embarrassed he went home.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Sorry to hear about the fall MM. Sounds like the wife is taking good care of you. Hope you mend quickly enough to enjoy the brief taste of spring later this week.

For ammo storage, I have old kitchen cabinets repurposed down in my basement shop that I store everything in. I have a small safe down there as well but it's only 2 cubic feet and the lock does not work but that's where I store most of the SD ammo.

I think that I need to go rifle shopping. A CZ .22lr or .22 mag would make a nice shooter for nothing more than the plain old pursuit of marksmanship.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Hamburg, PA

Y3et3EV.jpg

Looking past Cabela's entrance this morning.

Oh, and :coffee:;)

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    In my trade we saw a lot of attic time. I was up in a pretty big attic with a helper years and years ago. We were adding and repairing the duct work. We laid out some 2X12 walk boards. I was doing my work and sent him for materials. He was there and then he was gone. Landed in the living room. White carpet and white furniture. What a mess. I went down to check on him and he was driving away. So embarrassed he went home.

Knock on wood, I've never missed a ceiling joist but i have scared myself a time or two. 8' x 2' pieces of 1/2" plywood are useful in an attic. That and being about 4' tall.:):
    Hoping you heal quickly, MM.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Sorry to hear about the fall MM. Sounds like the wife is taking good care of you. Hope you mend quickly enough to enjoy the brief taste of spring later this week.

For ammo storage, I have old kitchen cabinets repurposed down in my basement shop that I store everything in. I have a small safe down there as well but it's only 2 cubic feet and the lock does not work but that's where I store most of the SD ammo.

I think that I need to go rifle shopping. A CZ .22lr or .22 mag would make a nice shooter for nothing more than the plain old pursuit of marksmanship.

I would give five stars to a CZ455FS that I picked in 22lr. It's quite an accurate little plinker with CCI SGB ammo.

Looking past Cabela's entrance this morning.

Oh, and :coffee:;)

My view has been inside a doctor's office all morning with Mrs.

Photograph MUCH appreciated.

I've been here so long I actually started looking at the Glock pistol page....G17/19/34. I've never owned own. Seems that I should have just one? Of course, I've never owned a hi-point either...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I would give five stars to a CZ455FS that I picked in 22lr. It's quite an accurate little plinker with CCI SGB ammo.

My view has been inside a doctor's office all morning with Mrs.

Photograph MUCH appreciated.

I've been here so long I actually started looking at the Glock pistol page....G17/19/34. I've never owned own. Seems that I should have just one? Of course, I've never owned a hi-point either...
    I like having them in the collection because they are a solid and simple device.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    mcapo ..... do you have anything in 357 Sig caliber in your collection ? If not, you could get a G***k in 357 Sig and kill two birds with one stone. I really like that round, and I know that wtb does also.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Don't have 357 sig. Nice caliber though...I think if I get a G----k, it would have to be able to serve in 3 gun (hoping to give 3 gun a try this year - who cares if I can't see anymore...). If I go 357 sig; I'd have to 40SW platform to be cross caliber, right? I like 40 but 9mm is just so cheap....

A 356TSW I'd really like to have but that's another thread. LOL!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Talking 3-gun competition is talking over my head ! ..... but I can understand wanting to stick with a more universal caliber. :)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Don't have 357 sig. Nice caliber though...I think if I get a G----k, it would have to be able to serve in 3 gun (hoping to give 3 gun a try this year - who cares if I can't see anymore...). If I go 357 sig; I'd have to 40SW platform to be cross caliber, right? I like 40 but 9mm is just so cheap....

I had understood you could just swap OEM barrels between the Glock 357 Sigs and the 40's without doing a "conversion" barrel. That said I have not done it, but that is what I understood as the outside dimensions of the barrel, and the mags, ejectors, extractor etc were all the same (since its essentially a 40 case necked down). But yeah, personally I shed all the 40 stuff a few years back to come back to 9mm. My journey went (for the most part with a few vaariances) 357 Mag revolvers, 45 ACP, 40 S&W, to 9mm where I plan on staying. At the time I had the 45's I loved the cartridge, but the Glock 21 and even the 30 became a bit of a hindrance (though if I still had the 30 I'd be able to easily carry it given holster & belt combo choices/discoveries I have made since those days).

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

G23 plus a 9mm conversion barrel (and recoil spring) plus a .357 Sig drop in barrel and you have 3 guns in one :)

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I have two beautiful NiBX G23's and could probably be persuaded to part with one or both of them. Both have custom triggers and night sights. I also have a 9mm conversion barrel. Only lacking the .357 Sig drop in barrel.

The brilliance was in bringing it to the attention of mcapo.
    Although mine isn't a NIBX I have a Gen3 23, with a 9mm conversion barrel, and full support parts.
    Soon, I'll also acquire a drop-in 357 barrel. :)

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    But, my friend, would you consider swapping slides ? (so that I could also have a fabulous NIBX)
    My slide is in perfect condition, and has a new front night sight. (Big Dot professionally installed by USDS).
    How much moolah would be required to make the swap, if you would consider doing so ? (if not, that's understandable)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    But, my friend, would you consider swapping slides ? (so that I could also have a fabulous NIBX)
    My slide is in perfect condition, and has a new front night sight. (Big Dot professionally installed by USDS).
    How much moolah would be required to make the swap, if you would consider doing so ? (if not, that's understandable)

Best I could offer is to sell you one of the guns with 2 mags for $400. Once you have it you can swap whatever parts you'd like and then keep or sell whatever is left. That way I still have one left, with the additional 9mm barrel to either keep as my one and only G***k or to sell to mcapo ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom